To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
"This is hammered several times in the series that simply mastering your craft to a high enough level makes even Assiah able to fuck with the 3 worlds above."

Any examples besides Magic Gods who don't do actually do this?
Anna Kingsford and even CRC for some of his techniques who Othinus calls as just being expanded knock-offs of things St. Germain did

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Anna Kingsford and even CRC for some of his techniques who Othinus calls as just being expanded knock-offs of things St. Germain did
Yeah I know I was already thinking of them

but you yourself agree that JVA and Kingsford are practically superhuman gods in terms of magical skill in comparison to them

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
On that note I want to genuinely punch people who say CRC's only magic is the carbon shit he used

fuckers genuinely are out here speedreading

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah I know I was already thinking of them

but you yourself agree that JVA and Kingsford are practically superhuman gods in terms of magical skill in comparison to them
All I’ve ever said is it’s up in the air how they compare to True Gremlin unnerfed. I don’t bother and just lump them all as God tier

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I mean... compare NT Aleister's magical skill/repertoire to GT Aleister, and then compare GT Aleister to Kingsford and JVA lol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
actually I'm not even gonna sugarcoat it

Aleiszon would genuinely stomp NT Aleister lol

One and Only

Illustrious

The thing is Kingsford only uses 'basic magic'. That's the point.

The basic magician would definitely not be able to use other four world techniques. So Kingsford proves that it's possible for a magician to outscale their own magic as you are putting it. No need for them to be exactly as skilled as Kingsford. It just needs to be possible.

Coupled with the better feats magic gods have well...

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The thing is Kingsford only uses 'basic magic'.

The basic magician would definitely not be able to use other four world techniques. So Kingsford proves that it's possible for a magician to outscale their own magic as you are putting it.

Coupled with the better feats magic gods have well...
Magic Gods aren't Kingsford. Kingsford's above them.

What feat do they have that isn't replicable by other characters?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
All I’ve ever said is it’s up in the air how they compare to True Gremlin unnerfed. I don’t bother and just lump them all as God tier
So your "god tier" is basically just true Gremlin, JVA, Kingsford, Alice, and Dragon King Touma in no particular order?

fair enough

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And above them, Tokiwadai Dorm Manager and Saten with her bat at True God tier level

2pbeWE6.png

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"The Christmas season is here, so the sales of chicken are on the rise! Yes, we're here at Maruichi, known for frying up an entire chicken in the fiercely fought food wars of District 15. You might think Christmas means turkey, but chicken and other birds are gaining ground and the rush of preorders has forced them to build up some emergency lines."

The first to burst into tears was Index.

She held a hand to her mouth, collapsed to the side, and began wailing.

"Fgoumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!"

"Index, I know how you feel, but let's try to maintain our ability to communicate!!"

As Kamijou tried to calm the girl, fifteen centimeter Othinus pressed her index finger against her temple.

"So this is what the Japanese idiom 'poison for the eyes' refers to. I thought you needed the thought-process of Japan's culture of shame to understand it, but now I understand all too well."

"Yes. As a god, receiving insufficient offerings is not exactly fun."

"C'mon, can't we start seriously worrying about dinner now?" asked Kamijou. "I know Birdway is in a lot of trouble, but doesn't that mean we need to be able to bring our A game!? …Ah."

Meanwhile Birdway gave an exasperated sigh.

"The amateur high school boy is one thing, but the rest of you are a grimoire library or a Magic God that was willing to kill herself for her ceremony. I'm pretty sure you can control your autonomic nerves and thus control your digestive system."

- NT14

Committing ritualistic suicide is a fundamental part of the ceremony of becoming a Magic God.

Hiryuu

Hey @Paxton, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the surface world supposed to be (i.e how do we know its reaches and limits) and what other worlds are there, other than this so-called surface world (and what are their reaches and limitations)? I'd like to know where you get all this stuff about limitations from (preferably with actual quotes or citations to the LN).

I stg, Kamachi introducing the idea of this surface world/four worlds/whatever stuff and not bothering to actually elaborate on how any of it works might be his worst idea yet, as far as worldbuilding in Toaru is concerned. Like mf just create a standard multiverse or something 🤦‍♂️

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Hey @Paxton, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the surface world supposed to be (i.e how do we know its reaches and limits) and what other worlds are there, other than this so-called surface world (and what are their reaches and limitations)? I'd like to know where you get all this stuff about limitations from (preferably with actual quotes or citations to the LN).

I stg, Kamachi introducing the idea of this surface world/four worlds/whatever stuff and not bothering to actually elaborate on how any of it works might be his worst idea yet, as far as worldbuilding in Toaru is concerned. Like mf just create a standard multiverse or something 🤦‍♂️
It'll take me while for me to collect ALL the quotes so you're honestly better off asking @Churronzon @Churronzon who probably has the quotes readily available (and can probably explain it better than I)

Kamachi DOES elaborate on this stuff for the most part though, people just kind of gloss over when he does explain it

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
tldr though it's just Kabbalah shit

Assiah/the surface world/the physical world/the world of man is where the main phase/setting of the series takes place

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Can’t wait to see the trailers for these upcoming Imaginary Fest events

Eitdyej.png

g0RRyMi.png

The Maiden of Versailles and Rensa #28 make their debut for this one. Wonder if Rensa’s #29 version will be a separate character later on or her Super has her switching to #29

Another idol event

bffcBz9.png

4UePj98.png

XoCI0Q7.png

2X719D4.png

They really can’t have Othinus missing even one of these events. The other event is an adaptation of the Dark Matter spin-off

r24KSnk.png

69ldIvU.png

mFxzz0H.png

KLKvqKE.png

Last edited:
Back