To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Wait, don't Aleister and Coronzon basically feat share at this point?
Minus all the Crowley Hazards, obviously.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Like, Aleister can literally do everything that Coronzon can do.
Because he's in control of her body.
Considering the magic is 99.9% knowledge... I don't think so.
Coronzon's body in particular was just a shell for an incorporeal entity.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Considering the magic is 99.9% knowledge... I don't think so.
Coronzon's body in particular was just a shell for an incorporeal entity.
I mean, wouldn't he still be able to use her knowledge though? :hm
At least, forcefully anyway.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So how did Aleister actually manage to kill Zombie anyway? I thought he needed Aiwass/the A.A.A. to do so.

Unless that quote was just referring to all of them at once rather than just one on one, so I guess he could've (well, did) just snuck/jumped her.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
So how did Aleister actually manage to kill Zombie anyway? I thought he needed Aiwass/the A.A.A. to do so.

Unless that quote was just referring to all of them at once rather than just one on one, so I guess he could've (well, did) just snuck/jumped her.
Well, it's off-screen, so who knows.
Probably a surprise attack or something, though. Yeah.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Btw. with recent railgun novel one could wank the anime into being canon.
Which in turn means one can wank everyone and their mother into scaling to some percentage of Misaka's lightning speed.
Meaning they can almost keep up with anime version of Quenser Barbotage.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
On that note, since when is Imagine Breaker not being able to negate non-physical/intangible/incorporeal stuff a thing? :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Since never? He’s been passively negating concepts like fortune since the first volume

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So what exactly was the deal with Touma not nullifying Othinus's Phase manipulation/Izzard's infinite distance?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So what exactly was the deal with Touma not nullifying Othinus's Phase manipulation/Izzard's infinite distance?
Probably not reaching the actual source and only touching the after effects. Same logic that Touma can negate supernatural Fire but not the ashes it produces

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
IIRC Othinus Phase stuff was specifically said because it messed with how IB works. I don't think IB doesn't return things to the pure world specifically (otherwise it would constantly erase current reality), but it essentially maintains current reality.
With Phase Manipulation what the current reality is is changed and IB hence has difficulty undoing that the normal way. Although it's still possible somehow given how Othinus used it.
Relevant quote:
“Call me a god. And what I have done is simple. I have created new filters and placed them over the world so the world appears to have changed. That is why the world appeared changed to you. This is a lot easier than destroying everything and building it back up every time. And your right hand contains the power to level out any foreign elements in the world, so it has difficulty functioning when I change the world itself. …Still, results are everything in the world. In the end, history will record it like this: the Magic God repeatedly destroyed the world and created new ones to make a single boy suffer as much as possible.”

For the infinite distance thing: Well, best explanation I can come up with is that it nulls the part it comes into contact with, but not the rest of the infinite distance it isn't in contact with.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
On another note, that claim of "nothing in To Aru can do shit to GER" was such a strange thing for Aurelian to say, but whatever.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Their opinion. Personally, I don’t buy half the things claimed about GER since it’s got one entire showing and most of its hype comes from vague, poorly defined descriptions fans to take liberties on.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

Same with this. :hm

Back