To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
And the Water Wings scale to something Gabriel puts even less effort into which is moving entire planets
Okay what? What basis are you scaling Water Wings to Astro In Hand? Water Wings are explicitly mountain level in both times they appear, and Astro In Hand and Water Wings are two different abilities.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Except his Sainthood was derived from Gabriel wasn't it? Not just DMM.
No, Acqua’s a special case where he resembles Jesus enough to even have some of his mother Mary’s characteristics. So on top of being a Saint from Jesus, he gets another power from Mary in the form of DMM which normally did nothing on its own but became a thing by aligning himself with Gabriel.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Okay what? What basis are you scaling Water Wings to Astro In Hand? Water Wings are explicitly mountain level in both times they appear, and Astro In Hand and Water Wings are two different abilities.
By what I already told you and naming other examples that I’m sure the OBD would ignore or treat as more powerful than described.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
By what I already told you and naming other examples that I’m sure the OBD would ignore or treat as more powerful than described.
Again, just because both are gabriel's spells doesn't mean they would scale to each other, especially when Water Wings is explicitly stated to be on the level of destroying a mountain.

Not controlling all the stars in the sky.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Again, just because both are gabriel's spells doesn't mean they would scale to each other, especially when Water Wings is explicitly stated to be on the level of destroying a mountain.

Not controlling all the stars in the sky.
Strong enough for Kanzaki to have to defend rather than casually tank, same Kanzaki who was able to survive Acqua’s strongest attack. Acqua > Gabriel.

In-series logic puts those way above just Mountain level.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Fo8jBsUacAYklgF_1.png

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Question, do you guys think it would be better if I make threadmarks with manga, anime and LN all at once, or it would be better to separate the three mediums into separate threadmarks?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Manga would be nice if you want so people have visuals to look at over texts. Don’t think an anime is necessary. Index anime feats are either weaker than other mediums or nothing not already covered by the light novels and manga

Plus with manga, Railgun, Accelerator, Mental Out, Dark Matter, and Astral Buddy all need to be done as manga from either the anime adaptations not covering all the manga or being manga only

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Manga would be nice if you want. Don’t think an anime is necessary. Index anime feats are either weaker than other mediums or nothing not already covered by the light novels and manga
True but I want to cover the anime too. + Manga skips Deep Blood and Angel Fall. I'm just considering what's the best way to do it. If I do it single threadmarks, I could go by arc and well the information would easily findable, but its more work and could lead to info bloat, Don't want anybody to the wrong idea by putting a shitty anime feat before an ln feat.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
True but I want to cover the anime too. + Manga skips Deep Blood and Angel Fall. I'm just considering what's the best way to do it. If I do it single threadmarks, I could go by arc and well the information would easily findable, but its more work and could lead to info bloat, Don't want anybody to the wrong idea by putting a shitty anime feat before an ln feat.
Anime ain’t much better. Whole parts of both those same arcs are skipped too for some reason in the anime.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Railgun anime filler does give us an epic anime exclusive variant of Misaka’s Railgun each season. And Kamachi treats both filler arcs making up the second halfs of Railgun and Railgun S as canon and part of the timeline.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If you can the movie and the Railgun filler that are canon, it's the only thing that could be worth the anime.

In Railgun S1 there are earthquake feats and a couple feats with Misaka's Railgun.

In Railgun S2 there is a feat of Misaka deflecting a Meltdowner beam but unlike other scenes it is clearly seen that Misaka moved after it was shot, give the size of Endymion, the speed of Endymion's missiles or the Railgun at the end.

Those fillers are canon because Kamachi much later mentioned the characters, the first filler arc connects to the second and the second filler arc connects to the movie which is canon.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Arisa and Shutaura from the Endymion movie were also mentioned as among the people who had their fates changed by Othinus in NT9

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Sometimes I wonder, how you're reading the book. You know the quote about Othinus not destroying the Phases, only creating them,
Dude, it's literally fucking semantics... The book even says that the end result is destruction, Gungnir explicitly destroys the happy world and all the other worlds she created, the same thing she did at the beginning of the novel. And in the NT10 epilogue, it's explicit that Othinus destroyed everything except the black world and the hidden world, unless you have proof the epilogue is wrong I'm going with what the books say.
or are you talking how vampires are somehow higher beings.
They are though:cat
I literally said that I don't believe they believe in a higher sephirah, but them being inhuman=higher soul level=above humans is explained in OT2. Also I'm pretty sure that humans can have different soul levels anyway from the tattva stuff from NT 18.

Yeah here
“That is an extremely philosophical question, but there is no real reason to distinguish between the two. Even without the example of the Four Worlds indicated by seven candles, the world always has many overlapping layers.”

“? ???”

“Although I suppose someone with a soul as low-level as yours would indeed be trapped by the visions of the physical world. Those chains are the mountain’s devilishness that reaches for human karma and they are the power that binds human thoughts and leads them to ascend the mountain, but they must have also provided a reassuring push on the back.”

Kamachi probably retconned it anyhow but since OT2 is literally the only time we learn about vampires we only have OT2's explanation to go off of, even if it's against how the scaling works in later novels.
The fact that no creature in the human world is capable of defeating Coronzon is the basis of the entire plot. That's why the characters wanted to use Lilith, because she existed outside the human world, which made her the only creature that could fight the Coronzon (they even wanted to summon the Archangel Michael through Curtana, but they knew that was impossible).
Coronzon is at most equal to a nerfed Niang-Niang, that's it. And while the narrative says that Coronzon wasn't trying to kill Niang-Niang, Niang-Niang was taking it easy too. And that's while nerfed.

Anyway, once again, we see what happens when multiple nerfed Magic Gods and Coronzon confront each other, and it's not Coronzon stomping them with Magick_Flaming Sword.

It's Coronzon going 'Oh, fuck' when she realizes she's in the WR timeline and going off-screen till the end to see Coronzon coming out pockets runned, legs weak, and hair ruined while the nerfed Magic Gods are completely fine and treating Coronzon like a plaything.

Last edited:

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Dude, it's literally fucking semantics... The book even says that the end result is destruction, Gungnir explicitly destroys the happy world and all the other worlds she created, the same thing she did at the beginning of the novel. And in the NT10 epilogue, it's explicit that Othinus destroyed everything except the black world and the hidden world, unless you have proof the epilogue is wrong I'm going with what the books say.
Bruh, this is not semantics; it is the described mechanics of the Magical God's powers. The Magical God never destroys, he only creates. Othinus is not a goddess who destroys, but a goddess who creates, even if the world she creates is a destroyed world. Even the act of destroying all the walls of the Phases is still the act of creating a new Phase.
They are though:cat
I literally said that I don't believe they believe in a higher sephirah, but them being inhuman=higher soul level=above humans is explained in OT2. Also I'm pretty sure that humans can have different soul levels anyway from the tattva stuff from NT 18.
Being nonhuman does not mean to be higher than a human in the hierarchy. The fact that you exist in the same world as a human is enough for your soul rank to be human (even an angel or demon lowers his soul rank when he enters the human world). And a human is a human, as Coronzon said, a human always remains a human, regardless of his position in the Sephiroth Tree of the human world. Even the Magical God who is at position 8=3 in the Golden Dawn system is still human from a global perspective, so he is bound to the surface of the Four Worlds. You can't increase your soul rank without the help of a transcendent being like Coronzon or Qlipha 545.
Coronzon is at most equal to a nerfed Niang-Niang, that's it. And while the narrative says that Coronzon wasn't trying to kill Niang-Niang, Niang-Niang was taking it easy too. And that's while nerfed.

Anyway, once again, we see what happens when multiple nerfed Magic Gods and Coronzon confront each other, and it's not Coronzon stomping them with Magick_Flaming Sword.

It's Coronzon going 'Oh, fuck' when she realizes she's in the WR timeline and going off-screen till the end to see Coronzon coming out pockets runned, legs weak, and hair ruined while the nerfed Magic Gods are completely fine and treating Coronzon like a plaything.
This is because the Coronzon weakened even more than the Magical Gods. The Magical Gods became weaker, but they still remained within the boundaries of their world, meaning that the weakening occurred within the boundaries of the human world. Unlike Coronzon, who had to lower her soul rank to the human level and then create a flesh-and-blood cage for herself, which made her unable to use her magic normally (she herself said that using a human body was a pain). And even with all that, the magic gods could not harm Coronzon, only his avatar, whom she was able to heal in peace. Even Aleister Crowley admits that it is impossible to defeat Coronzon, though he has enough knowledge to kill the Magic Gods.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Bruh, this is not semantics; it is the described mechanics of the Magical God's powers. The Magical God never destroys, he only creates. Othinus is not a goddess who destroys, but a goddess who creates, even if the world she creates is a destroyed world. Even the act of destroying all the walls of the Phases is still the act of creating a new Phase.

Being nonhuman does not mean to be higher than a human in the hierarchy. The fact that you exist in the same world as a human is enough for your soul rank to be human (even an angel or demon lowers his soul rank when he enters the human world). And a human is a human, as Coronzon said, a human always remains a human, regardless of his position in the Sephiroth Tree of the human world. Even the Magical God who is at position 8=3 in the Golden Dawn system is still human from a global perspective, so he is bound to the surface of the Four Worlds. You can't increase your soul rank without the help of a transcendent being like Coronzon or Qlipha 545.

This is because the Coronzon weakened even more than the Magical Gods. The Magical Gods became weaker, but they still remained within the boundaries of their world, meaning that the weakening occurred within the boundaries of the human world. Unlike Coronzon, who had to lower her soul rank to the human level and then create a flesh-and-blood cage for herself, which made her unable to use her magic normally (she herself said that using a human body was a pain). And even with all that, the magic gods could not harm Coronzon, only his avatar, whom she was able to heal in peace. Even Aleister Crowley admits that it is impossible to defeat Coronzon, though he has enough knowledge to kill the Magic Gods.
So would that not still mean that Coronzon (as we see her in the story) is weaker than the nerfed MGs...? :hm

As you say, it's a compatibility issue.
What with how Magic Gods are the apex power in the human/Surface World, but hold little to no power in the upper realms of the Sephirah.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Okay and? She still destroyed the phases, hence she would scale above the phase beings inside of them because she killed them, including the archangels.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know about her immortality, I'm just saying that Coronzon can be beaten by even humans, she just can't be killed by them. Also, I will never get why Kamachi would have Coronzon say that she can use her full power in an avatar unlike aiwass only to contradict it later in the same novel.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Okay and? She still destroyed the phases, hence she would scale above the phase beings inside of them because she killed them, including the archangels.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know about her immortality, I'm just saying that Coronzon can be beaten by even humans, she just can't be killed by them. Also, I will never get why Kamachi would have Coronzon say that she can use her full power in an avatar unlike aiwass only to contradict it later in the same novel.
You might want to post this quote again, because I'm pretty sure that's not what it said. :hm

Back