To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Art for the upcoming manga version of the ITEM spin-off

rslFkCg.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Finished GT4 and on to GT5

I want to say Touma was the MVP here but I got to give it to Roberto

GT_Index_v04_318-319.jpg

His rousing speech on how the Misaka Clones are just as worthy of human rights and opportunities as anyone else by citing the American Dream and then having a political debate with the enemy while engaging them in a gun fight is so American, it hurts.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Don’t know why people are divided on this one. I thought it was a good way to wrap up the R&C Occultics arc and while not as good as GT3, I liked it more than GT2.

Kamachi hitting every cliche in the book about Americans was thoroughly entertaining all the way through too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’ll admit it’s a slow paced and seems a bit filler at the start. But I think GT4 got hate for being just okay from riding off the absolute roller coaster that was GT3

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I have not read ToAru for a long time, how is the PS of the transcendents doing?

I'm thinking there are things that can be adjusted in the PS but I not sure.

I was thinking that Accelerator when he shook the galaxy (Solar System/Small Galaxy feat) to take out Coronzon's soul, he didn't shatter Coronzon's body and soul kept fighting, having the nerfed Magic Gods can damage Coronzon, which they themselves fought against Accelerator, that Aiwass Avatarless could face Coronzon for a whole night.

I think they could scale from Accelerator's feat, because even though they are weaker I don't think the difference is so huge that they award different tiers.

So... Nerfed Magic Gods, Anna, Aiwass Avatarless, Coronzon, Bible Crowley and maybe Mathers.

Points in favor that I could give is that Nerfed Magic Gods, Crowley and Coronzon already have universal or multiversal attacks depending on the interpretation, also many people deny Anna's PS for not killing Misaka or Misaki the first time but Anna damaged Aiwass and can face Nerfed Magic Gods, plus if we get picky about that contradiction, it would still be contradictory if they only take it as a Planet level and not kill Misaka the first time.

And it is quite possible that the aforementioned also scale from Alice throwing her toys dozens of light years away, it was something so casual and she, powerful as she is, I don't see her giving blitz so easily to all those named.
Little update here. GT4 confirms Anna is greater than a Magic God. All throughout GT2, she was limiting her powers to the level even a mage like Stiyl could potentially perform, that’s why Misaka and Shokuhou could stall her out, or at least as long as Anna found them an amusing diversion.

“Didn’t you find it odd?” asked Othinus. “Anna Sprengel holds a position similar to a priestess, but she actually has complete control of a superior being like Aiwass and has become a legendary magician greater even than a Magic God. Yet she always travels on foot and directly appears before her enemies. Why? Sure, you can say she does it for fun or on a whim since she’s the strongest, but I see a simpler theory.”

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Little update here. GT4 confirms Anna is greater than a Magic God. All throughout GT2, she was limiting her powers to the level even a mage like Stiyl could potentially perform, that’s why Misaka and Shokuhou could stall her out, or at least as long as Anna found them an amusing diversion.
"b-but Othinus doesn't know what she's talking about, she's just exaggerating"
"it doesn't have anything to do with power bro, it's vague as hell"

:mjgrin

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
"b-but Othinus doesn't know what she's talking about, she's just exaggerating"
"it doesn't have anything to do with power bro, it's vague as hell"

:mjgrin
If she were another magician I would leave that benefit of the doubt, but Othinus who is a Magic God, can make that comparison.

Now playing devil's advocate it could be Prime Magic God or Nerfed Magic God, perhaps taking the lowest and assuming it's Nerfed Magic Gods and by the very implication of being the strongest Magician, she would scale from Accelerator platinum wings.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Will say, even if it’s intentional on her part and acknowledged as such, Anna is still one of the worst jobbers in the whole series

:heston

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If she were another magician I would leave that benefit of the doubt, but Othinus who is a Magic God, can make that comparison.

Now playing devil's advocate it could be Prime Magic God or Nerfed Magic God, perhaps taking the lowest and assuming it's Nerfed Magic Gods and by the very implication of being the strongest Magician, she would scale from Accelerator platinum wings.
That is the one thing here. Othinus could be referring to herself. And she’s so much weaker than the rest of the Magic Gods that even nerfed, one of them could fight Coronzon who was at least on par with Othinus and force them to flee

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Probably safe to say Anna is at least much stronger than Othinus with Othinus herself acknowledging this fact and at a comparable level to those Magic Gods. Both regarded Aiwass as weak and Anna took it a step further by using Aiwass as a chair upon her debut

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That is the one thing here. Othinus could be referring to herself. And she’s so much weaker than the rest of the Magic Gods that even nerfed, one of them could fight Coronzon who was at least on par with Othinus and force them to flee
What exactly implies they're stronger again?

Their lack of control regarding their powers and having to nerf themselves to not nuke the Material World/Assiah unlike Othinus doesn't necessarily imply they're stronger.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Probably safe to say Anna is at least much stronger than Othinus with Othinus herself acknowledging this fact and at a comparable level to those Magic Gods. Both regarded Aiwass as weak and Anna took it a step further by using Aiwass as a chair upon her debut
I would say that when she attacked Accelerator in jail it can be argued that she damaged him by hax, the sequence implies more that she together with Aiwass is superior to Accel with Qlipha.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What exactly implies they're stronger again?

Their lack of control regarding their powers and having to nerf themselves to not nuke the Material World/Assiah unlike Othinus doesn't necessarily imply they're stronger.
By what I posted. Coronzon > / = Othinus and Niang-Niang while still nerfed fought her, injured her, and forced her to flee and lick her wounds

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So where the fuck does Aiwass sit in this tier again :mjgrin

~ Coronzon but below Nerfed Magic Gods and Anna?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Aiwass is probably in the same power level as Othinus and Coronzon. Like Othinus, he destroyed the Invisible Thing and he was able to hold off Coronzon and only lost to her since she had the advantage of being able to use more of her power compared to him from having a physical avatar

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
so what I'm hearing is that platinum wing Accelerator's durability is multiversal :mjpls

Back