To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
IMG_20230425_224039.jpg

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I have not read ToAru for a long time, how is the PS of the transcendents doing?

I'm thinking there are things that can be adjusted in the PS but I not sure.

I was thinking that Accelerator when he shook the galaxy (Solar System/Small Galaxy feat) to take out Coronzon's soul, he didn't shatter Coronzon's body and soul kept fighting, having the nerfed Magic Gods can damage Coronzon, which they themselves fought against Accelerator, that Aiwass Avatarless could face Coronzon for a whole night.

I think they could scale from Accelerator's feat, because even though they are weaker I don't think the difference is so huge that they award different tiers.

So... Nerfed Magic Gods, Anna, Aiwass Avatarless, Coronzon, Bible Crowley and maybe Mathers.

Points in favor that I could give is that Nerfed Magic Gods, Crowley and Coronzon already have universal or multiversal attacks depending on the interpretation, also many people deny Anna's PS for not killing Misaka or Misaki the first time but Anna damaged Aiwass and can face Nerfed Magic Gods, plus if we get picky about that contradiction, it would still be contradictory if they only take it as a Planet level and not kill Misaka the first time.

And it is quite possible that the aforementioned also scale from Alice throwing her toys dozens of light years away, it was something so casual and she, powerful as she is, I don't see her giving blitz so easily to all those named.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I have not read ToAru for a long time, how is the PS of the transcendents doing?

I'm thinking there are things that can be adjusted in the PS but I not sure.

I was thinking that Accelerator when he shook the galaxy (Solar System/Small Galaxy feat) to take out Coronzon's soul, he didn't shatter Coronzon's body and soul kept fighting, having the nerfed Magic Gods can damage Coronzon, which they themselves fought against Accelerator, that Aiwass Avatarless could face Coronzon for a whole night.

I think they could scale from Accelerator's feat, because even though they are weaker I don't think the difference is so huge that they award different tiers.

So... Nerfed Magic Gods, Anna, Aiwass Avatarless, Coronzon, Bible Crowley and maybe Mathers.

Points in favor that I could give is that Nerfed Magic Gods, Crowley and Coronzon already have universal or multiversal attacks depending on the interpretation, also many people deny Anna's PS for not killing Misaka or Misaki the first time but Anna damaged Aiwass and can face Nerfed Magic Gods, plus if we get picky about that contradiction, it would still be contradictory if they only take it as a Planet level and not kill Misaka the first time.

And it is quite possible that the aforementioned also scale from Alice throwing her toys dozens of light years away, it was something so casual and she, powerful as she is, I don't see her giving blitz so easily to all those named.
PS?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Well, I've not read GT5-7 yet, but I do recall statements of both Good Old Mary creating a universe in her box and Trismegetsus (I hate spelling his name) creating a blade made out of every particle in the universe even while having their human limiters active, so I guess that's what you were asking about? :hm

Don't quote me on this though.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Still on GT4 lol. Just when I’m going to hop back into it, something gets in my way or otherwise distracts me. Lol

Also, some drama happened this weekend when a VTuber ripped into this series by judging it from the first book apparently. Aeon of Horus made a commentary on it

Props to the guy for actually sitting through that video and getting all the parts where she’s giving the actual criticism.

Tapped out in minutes when I looked up her video myself from sheer boredom since the girl was going nowhere with the topic of the vid at hand and just talking about random things.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
TL;DR Toaru isn’t for everyone so it’s fine. Aeon sums all the reasons I’ve followed it for years.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Still on GT4 lol. Just when I’m going to hop back into it, something gets in my way or otherwise distracts me. Lol

Also, some drama happened this weekend when a VTuber ripped into this series by judging it from the first book apparently. Aeon of Horus made a commentary on it

Props to the guy for actually sitting through that video and getting all the parts where she’s giving the actual criticism.

Tapped out in minutes when I looked up her video myself from sheer boredom since the girl was going nowhere with the topic of the vid at hand and just talking about random things.

Yeah Pippa's generally very impatient, schizo as fuck, lacks reading comprehension, and was already in a bad mood (and I mean in a really bad mood like god damn) on top of reading the (iirc) Yen Press translation :mjgrin

And that's exactly why I watch her :mjpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
NGL The Yen Press version of the light novels and manga are pretty cringe. How the fuck do you translate Christianity as “Crossism”?

It butchers so many other terminologies in the series too that I kinda just zone them out of my head whenever I read the books

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
This is (hopefully) the last mention I'll make regarding the Pippa "drama" but I'll just let this person's pfp speak for themselves.

image.png

:mjpls

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Alright, alright. My mistake for bringing it up but let’s not have it overtake this thread. I wouldn’t have mentioned this at all if it wasn’t for me liking Aeon’s commentary vid.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Oh is that Kiara from Fate for the pic?

image.png

Gross

And a very ironic thing to say coming from someone who I bet is a diehard gacha whale looking to justify the money they’ve blown on total crap.

Say what you want about Toaru, I at least don’t have to fork over chunks of my life savings to read the latest story like with Fate thanks to it and the entirety of the Nasuverse being subsumed to F/GO awful monetization scheme

:hestonpls

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
To give an idea of their priorities. Here we are in 2023 and still no official release of even the original Fate Stay Night VN for English readers by Type Moon despite the easy money it’d make off F/GO’s popularity or that of the ufotable anime adaptations of them.

The only thing I can guess is just maybe, they might finally do an English release with the upcoming 20th anniversary for Fate Stay Night next year.

Fate debuted with F/SN back on Jan. 30, 2004

Back