To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
First arc of the Accelerator manga was decent, if just for Esther being a great female lead and Scavenger being an entertaining squad of baddies that I’m glad were included in later Railgun arcs.

It’s the second and last arc that sucked. And for some reason, the mangaka’s art quality dipped at the same time. Went from okay to actually good to straight up trash starting with the second arc.

And today officially makes the Toaru franchise 19 years old, with the first volume released in April 10, 2004.

Happy 19th Anniversary

S7sjbKY.jpg

Exactly 1 more year from now until we reach that glorious 20th Anniversary

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
First arc of the Accelerator manga was decent, if just for Esther being a great female lead and Scavenger being an entertaining squad of baddies that I’m glad were included in later Railgun arcs.

It’s the second and last arc that sucked. And for some reason, the mangaka’s art quality dipped at the same time. Went from okay to actually good to straight up trash starting with the second arc.

And today officially makes the Toaru franchise 19 years old, with the first volume released in April 10, 2004.

Happy 19th Anniversary

S7sjbKY.jpg

Exactly 1 more year from now until we reach that glorious 20th Anniversary
And without NT anime :dead

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I honestly don't see Ufotable and Index working out that well tbh :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

95% of fans that say Railgun is better than Index are anime only viewers basing it off Railgun’s progressively better quality adaptation each season to J.C. Staff’s continued inability to make a decent Index anime adaptation. This has only gotten worse with Index III’s quality to Railgun S or T’s quality being like night and day.

Or they do read the novels and still prefer Railgun either for the smaller, self-contained, and easier to follow story vs the main story being absolutely dense at this point, like the Esper power system more than Magic, or just prefer Misaka over Touma as a main character

Too bad Astral Buddy wasn’t brought up. Could argue it gives even most Railgun and Index arcs a run for their money with how great its story was

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Astral Buddy Fans: Think Shokuhou is best girl

Mental Out Fans: Same as above or they just finished Astral Buddy and want some form of a continuation of it done by the same mangaka

Dark Matter Fans: Probably want a spin-novel of Academy City’s Dark Side done by Gen Urobuchi

Accelerator manga fans: *Not existing*

One and Only

Illustrious
It's important to note that said barrier doesn't actually scale to Coronzon (and vice versa) even if it would make sense, since it's capable of doing that by default iirc.

You are a bit mistaken here. The barrier isn't her own personal spell, but she powers it up. So her power should scale.

The barrier was using Coronzon's own power. It didn't use leylines like the activated Ceremony would.

Also you already said it doesn't really make much sense for there to be a full power magic god level barrier lying around.
"It isn't that a wall is dividing world from world. Think of it as a created world being placed
in between like a cushioning balloon."

"You mean we can't break through that without enough power to destroy an entire world?"

"You would need a theoretical max-value Magic God attack, or..."

"That recovered right hand?"

[...]

"So where is the Queen Britannia's power source? If it uses the ley lines, we could
temporarily cut off the line leading to the ship."

"No, it doesn't work like that. In fact, it's trying to reach a specific point because that's
where it can access the ley lines most efficiently. It hasn't reached that state yet."

"Then what is it?"

"Great Demon Coronzon. She is using the power stored up inside herself. Her own power
is more stable than using one of the weaker ley lines
. And look how much power that is...
She must be a transcendent lifeform belonging to a different pyramid than Michael or
Gabriel."

This was what she could sense from the outside.

Once inside that gray ship, she would be directly facing a being capable of supplying that
much power.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You are a bit mistaken here. The barrier isn't her own personal spell, but she powers it up. So her power should scale.

The barrier was using Coronzon's own power. It didn't use leylines like the activated Ceremony would.

Also you already said it doesn't really make much sense for there to be a full power magic god level barrier lying around.
Yeah that sounds about right.

Coronzon doubters in shambles :wow

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Speed wise the best he can confidently be scaled to is relativistic?

Hm, I wonder🤔 can we scale Crowley's speed above Othinus's arrows?

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I think these are things that are reached by consensus.

Crowley never dodged that attack but on the one hand Touma reacted to that but because of the IB's precog.

Another thing is that Alice casually throwing stuff into MFTL should scale to various characters but who?

Obvious ones aside, in theory it should scale Crowley, Coronzon, Nerfed Magic God, and Anna as I highly doubt the blonde loli will blitz them.

But I imagine there will be many buts.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Maybe :hm

Although I guess whether or not nerfed MGs can scale to it (and thus Aleister) or their pre-nerf states doesn't particularly matter since he fought them at both stages of strength and did... well, relatively fine anyway :mjlol

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Dont know. Just read bits and pieces. Planning to read the whole thing once I’ve caught up on GT

Also, we got the Omnibus revealed

I just saw the price.

Nvm. 200+$ is too much. Especially since there doesn't seem to be any original content, I already have the yen press vers of to and the ss's.

Back