To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
So there's no quote stating that Magic Gods can affect the Four Worlds and only quotes saying they can't.

Concession accepted.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
lol at "Niang-Niang against Coronzon, it's all a nothing burger to her" when it literally erases her magic on screen

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
lol at "Niang-Niang against Coronzon, it's all a nothing burger to her" when it literally erases her magic on screen
Her basic shit Magic you mean?

The same Pure Elements inferior to full power Othinus w/ Gungir too?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
No counter to me showing just that?

Concession accepted
Nothing mentioned about the Four Worlds in the quote where Othinus destroyed the surface world.

The quotes that state that religious phases don't exist in the surface world contradict what is said in NT9.

Now that's an ACTUAL retcon, or Othinus was just simply wrong. Take your pick, really.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Her basic shit Magic you mean?

The same Pure Elements inferior to full power Othinus w/ Gungir too?
Nerfed Magic Gods are already capable of replicating Othinus' destruction even in their current state.

Coronzon fights with them.

Flaming;Sword is above Gungnir.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Nothing mentioned about the Four Worlds in the quote where Othinus destroyed the surface world.
Doesn’t need to be mentioned when it clearly states she destroyed EVERYTHING. Every Phase except one was confirmed to survive, the Hidden world. All the Mytholgical and religious ones, and the phases making up Sephiroth? Destroyed.
The quotes that state that religious phases don't exist in the surface world contradict what is said in NT9.

Now that's an ACTUAL retcon, or Othinus was just simply wrong. Take your pick, really.
Meaning she clearly didn’t just destroy the Surface World.

Cope

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Doesn’t need to be mentioned when it clearly states she destroyed EVERYTHING. Every Phase except one was confirmed to survive, the Hidden world. All the Mytholgical and religious ones, and the phases making up Sephiroth? Destroyed.

Cope
Which is contradicted by the quotes I've already mentioned.

She only destroyed the surface world because Magic Gods are explicitly stated to be limited to affecting it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Nerfed Magic Gods are already capable of replicating Othinus' destruction even in their current state.
Niang-Niang wasn’t going all out though. Her dull reaction to Coronzon’s flames destroying her weapons shows this.
Coronzon fights with them.

Flaming;Sword is above Gungnir.
Barely to the point where the book states Othinus essentially rivals it. Flaming Sword is Coronzon’s ultimate attack, thus Pure Elements are weaker than Gugnir

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Which is contradicted by the quotes I've already mentioned.

She only destroyed the surface world because Magic Gods are explicitly stated to be limited to affecting it.

Cope

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Niang-Niang wasn’t going all out though. Her dull reaction to Coronzon’s flames destroying her weapons shows this.

Barely to the point where the book states Othinus essentially rivals it. Flaming Sword is Coronzon’s ultimate attack, thus Pure Elements are weaker than Gugnir
And neither was Coronzon. We're literally going in circles.

How can Flaming;Sword "barely" be above Gungnir when nerfed MGs and her already scale to Othinus' destruction, which you didn't even dispute?

Even if pure elements were "weaker" than Gungnir, they'd still be able to negate/push it away like Imagine Breaker does.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Cope
Othinus states this world is comprised of phases (she's referring to the entire Sephiroth in this case, or is merely mistaken)
Othinus is stated to destroy the world and "everything" in it
Magic Gods are later stated to be explicitly limited to the surface world, as are religious phases/pure elements stated to not be part of the surface world
which logically means that Othinus didn't actually destroy everything bar the Hidden World, and merely affected the surface world

Why is this so hard to get?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And neither was Coronzon. We're literally going in circles.
Coronzon left that fight retreating, beaten and needing to heal herself. She did not have it easy while Niang Niang is no worse for wear later on when we see her fighting Crowley.
How can Flaming;Sword "barely" be above Gungnir when nerfed MGs and her already scale to Othinus' destruction, which you didn't even dispute?
By the book saying it rivals Gungir and the difference between them against Imagine Breaker (breaking Touma’s fingers for Gungnir and destroying Touma’s arm while otherwise stopped for Flaming Sword, are beyond minuscule at best.
Even if pure elements were "weaker" than Gungnir, they'd still be able to negate/push it away like Imagine Breaker does.
NLF and the line that says that says their not even as reliable at doing so against Imagine Breaker too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Why is this so hard to get?
Because as I and many other says, staying within the Surface World but making up for it by maxing out your skills in magic like becoming a Magic God can make up for it enough for you to just straight up destroy and affect every Phase anyway

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Coronzon left that fight retreating, beaten and needing to heal herself. She did not have it easy while Niang Niang is no worse for wear later on when we see her fighting Crowley.

By the book saying it rivals Gungir and the difference between them against Imagine Breaker (breaking Touma’s fingers for Gungnir and destroying Touma’s arm while otherwise stopped for Flaming Sword, are beyond minuscule at best.

NLF and the line that says that says their not even as reliable at doing so against Imagine Breaker too
She didn't need to take the fight seriously and only had to leave/shake them off though.
Like I said, if she wanted to seriously kill her she would've made an effort to do so, but she didn't, and in the Hidden World there were multiple people at her level holding her back, and she still shook them off.

Bro, there is a MASSIVE difference between breaking a few fingers and turning his entire arm into chunky salsa.
You're not even addressing my point: I said the narration is bunk because the feats/scaling of these characters doesn't support it being only at the level of Gungnir.

NLF = I don't like what's stated and can't reconcile it with what I currently believe to be true

Also, that's not even what's stated.
Even if it did not have the perfect negation ability of Imagine Breaker, it could push the enemy away like a moving wall. Gabriel controlled the same water anyone could use, so why was that archangel such a threat? This was the same. The element was identical, but the level of purity was far greater.
It says it doesn't have the "perfect negation ability of Imagine Breaker" yet it has the same end result, and it pushes away the attack anyway, because of it's higher purity.

It's literally a quality over quantity situation. It's "weaker", but still pushes away the attack anyway.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Because as I and many other says, staying within the Surface World but making up for it by maxing out your skills in magic like becoming a Magic God can make up for it enough for you to just straight up destroy and affect every Phase anyway
We're literally going in circles.

I post quotes stating that Magic Gods can only affect the surface world, you bring up the quotes in NT9 where Othinus uses the word "world" twice (but no evidence exists to suggest she's referring to the same thing in both quotes) where religious phases comprise the world and she destroys the world, etc etc.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
We're literally going in circles.

I post quotes stating that Magic Gods can only affect the surface world, you bring up the quote in NT9 where Othinus is contradicted by later information, etc, etc.

I
Contradicted by Othinus’ feats just like a lot of other statements.

Feats > statements, especially when Niang-Niang literally says right afterwards not to measure a Magic Gods capabilities off that or to underestimate them.

She didn't need to take the fight seriously and only had to leave/shake them off though.
Like I said, if she wanted to seriously kill her she would've made an effort to do so, but in the Hidden World there were multiple people at her level holding her back, and she still shook them off.
And ended up getting her ass kicked as a result
Bro, there is a MASSIVE difference between breaking a few fingers and turning his entire arm into chunky salsa.
You're not even addressing my point: I said the narration is bunk because the feats/scaling of these characters doesn't support it being only at the level of Gungnir.
Against Multiversal attacks? To where there wasn’t even enough energy behind Flaming Sword to utterly vaporize Touma? Fuck no.
NLF = I don't like what's stated and can't reconcile it with what I currently believe to be true
No. It’s how your arguing Pure Elements, saying they push back anything else which is not backed up.
Also, that's not even what's stated.

It says it doesn't have the "perfect negation ability of Imagine Breaker" yet it has the same end result, pushes away the attack anyway, because of its higher purity. It's literally a quality over quantity situation.
Above point still stands

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Contradicted by Othinus’ feats just like a lot of other statements.

Feats > statements, especially when Niang-Niang literally says right afterwards not to measure a Magic Gods capabilities off that or to underestimate them.

And ended up getting her ass kicked as a result

Against Multiversal attacks? To where there wasn’t even enough energy behind Flaming Sword to utterly vaporize Touma? Fuck no.

No. It’s how your arguing Pure Elements, saying they push back anything else which is not backed up.

Above point still stands
You're literally claiming Othinus' destruction of the world affected the entire Sephiroth rather than just the surface world because of that one statement in NT9, but when there are multiple statements of the narration contradicting that, you ignore that.

Blatant double standards.

Doesn't matter, because she still scales to them and their capability to destroy the world despite being nerfed.
Othinus destroying the surface world with her throwing of Gungnir can be done by nerfed true Gremlin, and thus Coronzon.
I'm not going to humor Dainsleif calamities being stronger than either of the latter two.

It's not backed up?
I literally just posted an explanation by the narration that describes how pure elements work.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You're literally claiming Othinus' destruction of the world affecting the entire Sephiroth rather than just the surface world because of that one statement in NT9 when there are multiple statements of the narration contradicting that.

Blatant double standards.
Feats dude, Othinus literally turned the verse into an infinite black void to go with the statements safe for a single Phase which is an infinite black void itself anyway, that she unambiguously destroyed everything
Doesn't matter, because she still scales to them and their capability to destroy the world despite being nerfed.
Niang Niang? Sure. Pure Elements, nope.
Othinus destroying the surface world with her throwing of Gungnir can be done by nerfed true Gremlin.
Sure.
It's not backed up?
I literally just posted an explanation by the narration that describes how pure elements work.
stopping only basic bitch spells from Niang Niang and the only thing from Coronzon that rivals just Othinus alone is literally her strongest spell.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Feats dude, Othinus literally turned the verse into an infinite black void to go with the statements safe for a single Phase which is an infinite black void itself anyway, that she unambiguously destroyed everything

Niang Niang? Sure. Pure Elements, nope.

Sure.

stopping only basic bitch spells from Niang Niang and the only thing from Coronzon that rivals just Othinus alone is literally her strongest spell.
Ignores all of my points and continues to repeat the same shit that I asked you to address.

This discussion can be concluded now.

Back