To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ignores all of my points and continues to repeat the same shit that I asked you to address.

This discussion can be concluded now.
Addressed them all just fine. All your scans you’ve posted about Magic Gods “only able to affect the Surface World” is really just their Magic only being of Assiah, nothing more. This is hammered several times in the series that simply mastering your craft to a high enough level makes even Assiah able to fuck with the 3 worlds above.

Anna Kingsford herself embodies this with all her OP Magic being the most basic stuff anyone can pull off but mastered to a high enough degree from her belief Magic should he readily available for anyone to use under no conditions or prerequisites

Niang-Niang herself also says judging her for using only Assiah is a shit way to measure her capabilities as a Magic God and proves this when she’s more than capable of fighting Coronzon at her best while she’s nerfed.

Why is it so hard for you to understand your arguing with what’s described in-series as bullshit that your taking at face value?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Addressed them all just fine. All your scans you’ve posted about Magic Gods “only able to affect the Surface World” is really just their Magic only being of Assiah, nothing more. This is hammered several times in the series that simply mastering your craft to a high enough level makes even Assiah able to fuck with the 3 worlds above.

Anna Kingsford herself embodies this with all her OP Magic being the most basic stuff anyone can pull off but mastered to a high enough degree from her belief Magic should he readily available for anyone to use under no conditions or prerequisites

Niang-Niang herself also says judging her for using only Assiah is a shit way to measure her capabilities as a Magic God and proves this when she’s more than capable of fighting Coronzon at her best while she’s nerfed.

Why is it so hard for you to understand your arguing with what’s described in-series as bullshit that your taking at face value?
Magic Gods outscale their own magic

lol

amazing logic we're working with here

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Kingsford's a better magician than Magic Gods, so your point is...?

Wtf does Kingsford have to do with your claim that Magic Gods outscale their own magic?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Kingsford's a better magician than Magic Gods, so your point is...?

Wtf does Kingsford have to do with your claim that Magic Gods outscale their own magic?
That she’s an even more extreme case of them, since she uses nothing beyond basic magician level magic for her feats

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Kingsford isn't even remotely the same case.

Magic Gods go through a suicide ritual to briefly access a portion of Keter after dying (this is why they're described as taking one step into the territory/domain of God (Ein Sof), but because they aren't doing it properly, they aren't actually Abyss crossers and thus lack said proper knowledge, which leaves holes in their overall capability, even if they are "conveniently" more powerful.

Kingsford is more accurately compared to Secret Chiefs, who have "superhuman skill", as stated in NT22.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Same principles, just different execution for the same result in the end: maxing out with what one chooses to settle with

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Mind you, I don't think it's ever actually mentioned where Kingsford's soul level resides at, so like... ??

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Either way what's this got to do with you saying Magic Gods outscale their own magic?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Mind you, I don't think it's ever actually mentioned where Kingsford's soul level resides at, so like... ??
Irrelevant since again, she doesn’t use anything besides basic magician level stuff as her philosophy.
Either way what's this got to do with you saying Magic Gods outscale their own magic?
Figure it out, I’m not repeating what I and others have already said

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Uh no you DO need to address that

Magic Gods outscaling their own magic is the dumbest shit I've ever heard

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Their magic only being of Assiah is because it's just simply limited to that area of the cosmology, as has been stated before.

Kingsford is superior to Magic Gods in terms of skill by a ludicrous degree (which you agree on), and they definitely don't do what she does, so I'm not going to equate Kingsford's feats to them.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Which would be a problem if Kingsford was my only evidence. She just further proves already what the Magic Gods prove: That 4 Worlds means jack shit to characters whove mastered Magic to a high enough level to compensate

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"This is hammered several times in the series that simply mastering your craft to a high enough level makes even Assiah able to fuck with the 3 worlds above."

Any examples besides Magic Gods who don't do actually do this?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Imo with the revelation that Thelema was a religion Aleister tried to create in order to influence the world, I'm considering the fact that the Sephiroth/kabbalah may not actually be a big part of the cosmology as we thought. Currently it seems like its just that there is magic from that phase that can destroy the world, but its not out of the realm as other magics from different phases.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Imo with the revelation that Thelema was a religion Aleister tried to create in order to influence the world, I'm considering the fact that the Sephiroth/kabbalah may not actually be a big part of the cosmology as we thought. Currently it seems like its just that there is magic from that phase that can destroy the world, but its not out of the realm as other magics from different phases.
The Sephiroth/Kabbalah isn't a phase though.

It's the framework of the entire cosmology. Or IS the entire cosmology.
Whichever phrasing you want to use.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
The Sephiroth/Kabbalah isn't a phase though.

It's the framework of the entire cosmology.
Yeah what I'm saying is that the assumption that its the framework might be wrong. Could still be right, but its possible that we've just assumed that the Sephiroth was the framework, hence why so many statements conflict with each other.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Yeah what I'm saying is that the assumption that its the framework might be wrong. Could still be right, but its possible that we've just assumed that the Sephiroth was the framework, hence why so many statements conflict with each other.
Tbh the way I see it

While the Sephiroth/Kabbalah IS the framework of everything (Coronzon existing and her entire plan kind of proves this)

That doesn't mean Kamachi can't mix in stuff like Thelema (which is heavily based on the Kabbalah) into that stuff
like I expect Ein Sof to be a mixture of stuff besides Kabbalah, like Gnosticism, Hermeticism, etc

also, Babalon (a Thelemic deity) apparently resides in Binah, so uh

I think you can get what I'm trying to say

Back