• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Next chapter of the Index manga.

The return of Acqua’s Mace

e2RXitl.png

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Ive done this so far. took like 5 minutes.
AccelThink.png

Just need Ral to make it an emote if he wants to. Or you guys can just use this image. keep it saved somewhere or something
Might be too big to use as a reaction lol emote maybe, but reaction dimensions are nuts.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I was thinking that we can take some quotes out of Mr OMG's respect, if he's okay with that to expedite our respect.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I'm a bit confused, was Touma unable to react to Flaming;Sword or no? :hm

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm a bit confused, was Touma unable to react to Flaming;Sword or no? :hm
Was aim dodge, Touma takes position while Coronzon recites the spell.
This was a warning from the god who informed warriors of their death, so it carried quite a bit of danger.

“She is the same as me right now!! She is not an ongoing magical phenomenon! She is a paranormal being that has already acquired the final result of a physical body! Just like you can’t restore burned paper by touching the ashes, your Imagine Breaker cannot defeat her!!”

“I am a demon, but not from the Qliphoth where the forces of evil gather. I am the Great Demon hidden by the holy Sephiroth. I dwell in the same abyss as Da’at.”

The unbroken illusion produced a dreadful straining noise as it slowly moved before his eyes.

She held her left hand straight forward and pulled her right hand back.

And, as if overpowered, it was Kamijou Touma who took a step back.

“Every number is the same. My right hand contains Nuit of Resurrection. Watch as the possibilities expand and surpass the bounds of the finite. My left hand contains Hadit of Vengeance. The smallest point gathers and concentrates all forces to create a single meaning. Thus, an attack shall be released from the infinite acceleration of the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit and shall appear on the surface layer of this world.”

Now, did Kamijou Touma realize that was the pose for wielding a rapier?

And before even that, what was the fate of one who had thoughtlessly touched an untouchable taboo?

Lola Stuart, Great Demon Coronzon, moved her lips in a bewitching and mechanical way.

No.

A different face clearly appeared from her long, long blonde hair.

“Magick: Flaming_Sword. Manifest thyself through descent of the Sephirah and bathe him in thy power.”
It happened suddenly.

“No!”

Kamijou Touma must not have had much of a choice.

But the small god managed to direct a shout of despair toward the swiftly moving boy.

“Wait, human!! The world’s reference point is not enough to suppress this attack!!”

Yes.

Magic God Othinus had once obliterated Kamijou Touma’s body with the brute force of her crossbow.

A moment later, everyone witnessed that instant.

With a dull sound, that right hand and Kamijou Touma himself were utterly destroyed.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Does anyone have the quote where Fiamma called Curtana Original garbage that he didn't need for his plan?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
"The angel you are aligned with is Michael… Curtana uses power from the same angel, so are you after this sword!?"

"Hm? Oh, I see, I see. I suppose I could have done it that way." Fiamma seemed to be joking around while Carissa carefully watched him. She tried to provoke him to watch his reaction.

"But Curtana Original here has already lost its functionality. If you were planning to use the chaos caused by the coup d'etat to steal it, you're out of luck."

"Ah, that really is a shame. That really may have been easier," muttered Fiamma as if he really wasn't thinking about it too seriously.

It looked as if he truly did feel the way he said he did.

"No, I guess not. That wouldn't work. It has the right type of power, but its capacity probably wouldn't last. As soon as my power was passed into it, it would probably just be blown to pieces."

Funny how Fiamma who hasn’t even been present for almost a decade now, has only gotten more OP with how strong the Curtana swords both end up being later on

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Chuuya was cooking with that extra month to do this chapter

Tv1H3Ec.png

WfHDYGP.png

kxOYI2I.png

Jicx9eQ.png

EOp6c7w.png

This absolutely blows the anime version by miles. And now we know Chuuya hasn’t skipped the part of the fight of Acqua figuring out how to counter Knight Leader’s Pattern Magic like the anime did too

Thank you for nailing one of my Top 10 fights in this whole series

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Grimoires seem to also destroy the souls of those who can’t take in their knowledge, not just the mind

Each time he pulled the bow, the toxic grimoires started to flow into his mind page by page. Each page of poison started to flow in like milk mixing into coffee, fusing with Yamisaka's soul and corroding it.

The greatest of those were helping to found the world's greatest cabal and translating original grimoires such as The Kabbalah Unveiled, The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, and The Greater Key of Solomon. The originals were not just incomprehensible but also shattered the reader's soul with their toxic knowledge, so he converted them into a simpler form that anyone could read.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And the grimoires have a mind of their own since their goal is to have their Arcane knowledge spread so they look favorably upon readers willing to take in their knowledge.

If the Grimoire senses your abusing its power through a loophole of avoiding some way of actually reading it yourself or otherwise deems you as unworthy, the book just straight up kills you or at least when it’s given the opportunity to find someone who will accept its knowledge

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Now that I think about it, was it ever stated where exactly Aleister was while Othinus was destroying "everything"? :hm

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Now that I think about it, was it ever stated where exactly Aleister was while Othinus was destroying "everything"? :hm
It can be intuited that he was in another phase because the destruction of Othinus did not reach him.

The real question is Coronzon, since while playing being Laura she was meeting with other politicians.

Back