TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Lel what ?

Everyone knows best Doggo master will win the war :mjlol

I'm only half kidding. I really want that to happen.

Honestly, my problem with Strange Fake is that it seems to try WAY too hard to make itself overtly serious but not really using any of the actual tools it has.
American Setting for a Grail War which is an absolute first on many levels? Barely do fucking ANYTHING with it to the point you can forget the setting is supposed to take place in Nevada.

Archer Heracles finally happens? Nah, turn him into Alcides and basically edgelord him up to the point of absurd hypocrisy and give him an assload of broken Noble Phantasms because God Hand and Nine Lives wasn't good enough.

Decent Servant and Master variety that can really expand on them well? Fuck you, let's add in 7 others on both ends and completely bloat the fuck out of it.

Even Richard The Lionheart feels too much with what they've given him rather than basically make it actually make sense for him(Though I can put that more on Nasu since he didn't want no limitations like that) but it never really expands on his character like it should.

Strange Fake feels more like it's a powerlevel exercise than a story worth a damn and I think that's the real issue.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
SF's problem in a nutshell is that it's over indulgent .

And it's too bad since the series had potential, with a little bit of work and polishing, it could have been a great series.

I would still put Strange Fake above Fate/Zero because... yeah.
Strange Fake could be better if time was put into it, Fate/Zero... yeah, that shit was fucked from the word go and need a major rewrite to even be decent outside of a few characters.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
SF's problem in a nutshell is that it's over indulgent .

And it's too bad since the series had potential, with a little bit of work and polishing, it could have been a great series.

That's probably the difference between us, I like the over-indulgent stuff :kobeha

Everyone has six NP's, we get Gil and Enkidu, fucking Archer Herc....was there for six seconds before Alcides ruined it but I pretend he doesn't exist, we have a DA for some reason, a cyborg ninja priest, and all this other shit.

And I'm just sitting to the side munching popcorn and enjoying the lunacy. :catskully

Reject GW spinoffs bullshit

Embrace bad detective novels with great characters in the world of Mages. :mjlol

It's hilariously weird but I honestly like Case Files in that sense for some strange reason.
Yeah, it's weird for them to have the "Whydunnit?" for a goddamned Detective series instead of the typical "Who? Where? How and Why?" setup... but I think it legit works for a Mage series for the explanation they give.

It honestly feels very natural despite not making sense.

That's probably the difference between us, I like the over-indulgent stuff :kobeha

Everyone has six NP's, we get Gil and Enkidu, fucking Archer Herc....was there for six seconds before Alcides ruined it but I pretend he doesn't exist, we have a DA for some reason, a cyborg ninja priest, and all this other shit.

And I'm just sitting to the side munching popcorn and enjoying the lunacy. :catskully

It basically feels like Super Smash Brothers Ultimate:
Fucking Everyone and Everything's here... but none of it has any real proper time to build up and it's just tossed out you in massive waves.
Having a DA as a Master would be an excellent twist. Having one or two Servants with 28 Noble Phantasms each would be absurd but actually be fine, Cyborg Ninja Priest? Cool.

But then it's all thrown in and once and like really?

Type-Rey

Acclaimed

The expanded setting and character roster wouldn't be that much of a problem if everything else was solid.

The problem is that aside from this, the pacing is glacial, the writing is marred down by a lot of fucking flashbacks and stupid little refferences to other series and the characters are just not worth the effort.

It also sucks that instead of resolving a plot thread and moving on to the next one, Narita gets into it and istead of finishing it dumps additional plot point on your head.

It's... just so messy.

It's hilariously weird but I honestly like Case Files in that sense for some strange reason.
Yeah, it's weird for them to have the "Whydunnit?" for a goddamned Detective series instead of the typical "Who? Where? How and Why?" setup... but I think it legit works for a Mage series for the explanation they give.

It honestly feels very natural despite not making sense.
Oh, Case Files is definitely better.

Case Files has El-Melloi II and Gray :maybe
Yeah, i wasn't being ironic.

CF is probably my favorite spinoff even though i should hate in theory because of the insane ammounts of exposition and non sensical internal logic that you are not privy to when you first read it but the way Sanda writes his characters and the interactions between them or their monologues is fucking great.

Besides, Mage Association and Mages shit in general is by far the most interesting thing in the Fate side of things at least.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Everytime Waver goes through some explanation of magical theory or some such, I get to the end and go "yeah, that makes sense......waitaminute no it fucking doesn't" :kobeha

CF has mastered the art of making you believe in the "reveal" even though there was no possible way you could have understood it since it runs on Nasuverse logic, and it's great.

Well I'm not being ironic in liking it either or getting at you for it.
I actually do like Case Files for similar reasons and it's batshit premise that shouldn't even work but somehow do because yeah, Mages and anyone who casts Magic SHOULD be able to fool most of the core tenants of Detective Stories, it's fucking Magic, do you have to explain shit?

Combined with actually combing through the Mage side and the Association at long last, great characters and interactions and even touching on different countries and such actually makes it really nice to go through and look at.

Proto234

Distinguished
Well I'm not being ironic in liking it either or getting at you for it.
I actually do like Case Files for similar reasons and it's batshit premise that shouldn't even work but somehow do because yeah, Mages and anyone who casts Magic SHOULD be able to fool most of the core tenants of Detective Stories, it's fucking Magic, do you have to explain shit?

Combined with actually combing through the Mage side and the Association at long last, great characters and interactions and even touching on different countries and such actually makes it really nice to go through and look at.
I wish Case Files shows us Barthomeloi Lorelei fully though.
Interested in the Clock Tower politics. And Barthomeloi is the head of Aristocratic faction (of which El melloi family is part of)

New Info about Zelretch and more Nasuverse Lore incoming:
GyhBEJ7.jpg

wtcvcVd.jpg

Gm5wXvM.jpg

- Zelretch was not turned by CM, but by the previous No.3 Ancestor
- Zelretch used to have blond hair before growing old
- The Second Magic works through jewels. Zelretch connects to jewels in another parallel universe, and connect his soul to them until he takes their place. Once he leaves that parallel dimension, his body turns back to jewels.
- The Second Magic's establishment lead to the further survival of mankind, by expanding the possibilities allowed by it.
- Zelretch was one of Solomon's pupils
- Brishisan (here spelled alternatively as ブリサン rather than ブリシサン, perhaps someone else?) founded the Association with some help from Zelretch.
- Zelretch made some sort of promise with Yumina that makes him feel like occasionally helping out the Association.
- Zelretch goes to tea-parties with the "3 idiots Agape, Caubac and Lovematroos", all Dead Apostles.
- Zelretch describes Christianity as a "Mankind Expansion Manual"

Like freaking hell, Zelretch actually established the Time Tree and Parallel Universes when he found the Second Magic(Though this DOES make sense with Strange Fake and Nasu's Interview on Zelretch and the 3 Routes of F/SN he would prefer) and even describes how the process of him going around in parallel Universes even works.

There was also something about the reason why most of his apprentices are wrecks is because they see "Hell"(i.e. the Kaliedoscope and the sheer scope of the shit he does with it) and usually vomit in sheer abject horror of the responsibility present(Rin did that which is why he's teaching her Magecraft, not actual Magic)

But Zelretch describing Christianity as a "Mankind Expansion Manual"... that's... honestly intriguing. So yeah, it's obvious the religion and otherwise exists but what does that explain for the other Pantheons then?

And before anyone outside of here gets wise, it's obvious Second Magic further allowed the Time Trees and Parallel Universes retroactively(considering how LB6 basically was when Sefar DID win and LB5 had that happen in the same timeframe).
It also implies Quantum Time Locks was a system Earth already had and thus it's something all Celestial Objects have access to.

The only thing this may screw with is the fact that other Celestial Objects may not have their own Multiverse Theory nonsense but that bit may be harder to tell considering the Moon Cell isn't within Earth's jurisdiction yet can affect Earth and itself through looking through hypothetical Universes and the Earth does communicate to shit within the Solar System atleast so...

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Did he actually create it? From the quote it sounds more like he just expanded their possibilities, not created the idea of them having other possibilities altogether.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
He didn't.

He discovered it for humanity which in turn expanded their posibilites which in turn strengthened the Human Order.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
what Rey said

he revealed the existence of those possibilities, he didn't create them

Back