TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

1y9v56rjcqsa1.png

Japanese Fan Translators are losing their shit at Star being changed with Planet right now...
Funny enough, I always thought the LB6 title at first did mean Planet instead of Star because of the Hoshi meaning in Japanese so honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what they went with or this was a Type-Moon translation mandate because of the Planet baggage in the Nasuverse makes it make more sense.

EDIT:... Yeah, I actually do plan on finishing the Lostbelt 5 Archives starting this upcoming week, no bullshit this time.

Yeah, going through Heian-Kyo now... I see what Vespa is talking about...

It feels like the writer simultaneously wants to build up the characters to be larger than life but then tends to completely overdo it in a myriad of ways.
Sakata Kintoki being a match for Tsuna? Okay sure but why does it have to be at the expense of Katou Danzou coming off like she's crap? Yeah, certain living beings are stronger and it is sorta implied(not in the story but Tsuna's own lines) Tsuna brings himself down hard on ONLY being able to tackle Oni but shit, making him THE strongest of the 4 Heavenly Kings seems a bit much.

You then have then constantly putting up other stuff in Heian Kyo which feels a bit off considering that while yeah, Japan is in a similar spot to Britain in terms of it taking longer for the Age of The Gods to end kinda gets ridiculous. The Imperial Palace have a Bounded Field that puts Top Tier Mages to shame? Them being able to do what Chaldeas does with it's communication really is pushing it too much.

I'm only on Chapter 5 and yeah, I can definitely see how they try too hard to make this a new and better Shimousa but they already are going too far in the other direction.

Post-Rant:
I find it funny that they outright confirmed Onreido Castle was a Pseudo-Tree of Emptiness which helped turn Shimousa into a Lostbelt(or a Pseudo-Lostbelt) due to so many innocents and Heroic Spirit Swordmasters died.
I also find it a little cool they brought up that having a Servant power things was a thought well before the Holy Grail War System was a thing, actually felt like it was some real past World-Building stuff being said there.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Collab event just straight up adds the Beast class for Draco Nero. Chaldea embracing that whole "Enemy of Humanity" thing a bit faster than I thought :skully

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also I like how we get a class that has advantage against all the normal classes but disadvantage against the Extra classes......right before we get into the chapters focused on the Extra classes :kobeha

Oh well, at least she's single target, been a while since we had a ST SSR iirc

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean, it actually makes sense for Beast Classes to be stronger than the base 7 Classes considering how they are usually superior to a singular Grand Class vs. the other Extra Classes which are abnormal.

I wasn't commenting on why Beast is like that, I was saying its funny she's making a big entrance just to be at disadvantage against the focus of the next four chapters :kobeha

Okay so according to spoilers from Beast's Lair, yeah, Summoning and contracting with a Beast is obviously a massive no-no as the entire Event story is thus:

- Beast Draco Nero literally kidnaps your ass from Chaldeas with Tiamat(Who explicitly summoned herself there) and Mash try and fail to protect you from her(Tiamat does try and tell you the gist but your ignorant and stupid so you don't get it in time).

- You end up in Lilim Harlot on the Arcade side as Draco Nero is dying but it seems the Counter Force is being efficient and retarded so they are only sending Shadow Servants against her on basically recording as she's "basically on Death's Door".

- Ritsuka actually ups and tries to tell her to fuck off but in an even more shocking twist, Draco already contracted with you without your knowledge and thus, Ritsuka is now marked as a Enemy of Humanity and thus will be targeted by the Shadow Servants. Breaking the contract won't do shit as it's literally one and done, the Counter Force sees you as an enemy and wants you dead period.

- Thus they have to basically support each other until Nero Draco goes fully mature again and basically kills you, I guess(I only guess because she also seems to state you can just get the Grail from there when she fully ascends). Throughout the first few nodes and chapters, you get some decent backlog into Nero Draco's plan, how she did it, what is Lilim Harlot and when shit went off the rails(Basically Arcade exposition and some neat stuff we wouldn't have gotten otherwise).

- Tiamat actually follows you to Lilim Harlot and drags Setanta with you to try and deal with Draco and you point out the problem(Killing her won't do shit to the Counter Force wanting Ritsuka's head on a platter) so you start an alliance alongside the new 4* Servant Locusta who shows up and bails your asses out further to literally ascend upwards on the Twilight Ladder to get to Nero Draco's ascension spot.

Of course, we will find a way to get the Counter Force to leave us the fuck alone but wow, Nasu and co. did not pretend we can just contract with a Beast and not have enormous consequences for doing so.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot Draco actually does explain "Why it didn't happen with the other Beasts" and it's actually a decent answer:
They all knew that this would happen and thus, they either chose different Classes or remained larval Beasts to avoid that issue.
ALL OF THEM could have remained Beasts and Kiara explicitly reins Kama in to avoid her going that route.
Everyone else, including Kiara, wants you to succeed which is why they didn't manifest as Beasts meanwhile Draco explicitly came in as a Full Beast.

It's funny too as they realized that Arcade is a terrible medium and like I said before, not only are the recounting Arcade's story but also giving some new exposition on Lilim Harlot and giving Draco Nero some characterization.
She has a poem in one of the side stories and it's basically that she REALLY doesn't want to die alone in Lilim Harlot. She know she deserves to die but not like this.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Okay so according to spoilers from Beast's Lair, yeah, Summoning and contracting with a Beast is obviously a massive no-no as the entire Event story is thus:

- Beast Draco Nero literally kidnaps your ass from Chaldeas with Tiamat(Who explicitly summoned herself there) and Mash try and fail to protect you from her(Tiamat does try and tell you the gist but your ignorant and stupid so you don't get it in time).

- You end up in Lilim Harlot on the Arcade side as Draco Nero is dying but it seems the Counter Force is being efficient and retarded so they are only sending Shadow Servants against her on basically recording as she's "basically on Death's Door".

- Ritsuka actually ups and tries to tell her to fuck off but in an even more shocking twist, Draco already contracted with you without your knowledge and thus, Ritsuka is now marked as a Enemy of Humanity and thus will be targeted by the Shadow Servants. Breaking the contract won't do shit as it's literally one and done, the Counter Force sees you as an enemy and wants you dead period.

- Thus they have to basically support each other until Nero Draco goes fully mature again and basically kills you, I guess(I only guess because she also seems to state you can just get the Grail from there when she fully ascends). Throughout the first few nodes and chapters, you get some decent backlog into Nero Draco's plan, how she did it, what is Lilim Harlot and when shit went off the rails(Basically Arcade exposition and some neat stuff we wouldn't have gotten otherwise).

- Tiamat actually follows you to Lilim Harlot and drags Setanta with you to try and deal with Draco and you point out the problem(Killing her won't do shit to the Counter Force wanting Ritsuka's head on a platter) so you start an alliance alongside the new 4* Servant Locusta who shows up and bails your asses out further to literally ascend upwards on the Twilight Ladder to get to Nero Draco's ascension spot.

Of course, we will find a way to get the Counter Force to leave us the fuck alone but wow, Nasu and co. did not pretend we can just contract with a Beast and not have enormous consequences for doing so.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot Draco actually does explain "Why it didn't happen with the other Beasts" and it's actually a decent answer:
They all knew that this would happen and thus, they either chose different Classes or remained larval Beasts to avoid that issue.
ALL OF THEM could have remained Beasts and Kiara explicitly reins Kama in to avoid her going that route.
Everyone else, including Kiara, wants you to succeed which is why they didn't manifest as Beasts meanwhile Draco explicitly came in as a Full Beast.

So that technically means Draco just gave Tiamat et al a blank slate to go Beast mode on her ass if the Counter Force is as hardline as she's saying.

Which means it'll somehow get reversed by the end (or not matter if this is actually a different universe, I'm not familiar with Arcade enough to know if it's the same reality or not)

So that technically means Draco just gave Tiamat et al a blank slate to go Beast mode on her ass if the Counter Force is as hardline as she's saying.

Which means it'll somehow get reversed by the end (or not matter if this is actually a different universe, I'm not familiar with Arcade enough to know if it's the same reality or not)

Arcade is explicitly a different parallel timeline altogether from Mobile(It's what Tiamat tries to explain to you before Draco through her... equivalent of DGPs whisked you away) and thus, you have no knowledge of what happens there and neither does Chaldea.

This becomes a huge problem as you are taken to Lilim Harlot in which Chaldea cannot contact you or help you out and only Tiamat appeared there because Independent Manifestation is bullshit and she found and dragged Setanta to help you out(Which is why he's the Welfare).

To say it easier, Arcade doesn't have Romani nor Goetia in it but Draco knows about them and tries to emulate their plan and go over Tiamat at once. It's also stated that Draco caused Gray to go nuts with Rhongomyniad in her Event and as we've seen, Events happen far earlier in Arcade than Mobile and through different means. So it's a different timeline than FGO Mobile but it's not it's own Time Tree if that makes sense.

EDIT: For the first part, again NO Tiamat cannot go full Beast because if she did, The Counter Force would see both her and Ritsuka as a threat to be exterminated. Kiara also realized this and it's also the reason she didn't go full Beast to fight Kama in Ooku. Every Beast but Kama knows this and Kiara has to keep Kama on a leash to avoid her Beasting out and basically getting Ritsuka killed.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Arcade is explicitly a different parallel timeline altogether from Mobile(It's what Tiamat tries to explain to you before Draco through her... equivalent of DGPs whisked you away) and thus, you have no knowledge of what happens there and neither does Chaldea.

This becomes a huge problem as you are taken to Lilim Harlot in which Chaldea cannot contact you or help you out and only Tiamat appeared there because Independent Manifestation is bullshit and she found and dragged Setanta to help you out(Which is why he's the Welfare).

To say it easier, Arcade doesn't have Romani nor Goetia in it but Draco knows about them and tries to emulate their plan and go over Tiamat at once. It's also stated that Draco caused Gray to go nuts with Rhongomyniad in her Event and as we've seen, Events happen far earlier in Arcade than Mobile and through different means. So it's a different timeline than FGO Mobile but it's not it's own Time Tree if that makes sense.

EDIT: For the first part, again NO Tiamat cannot go full Beast because if she did, The Counter Force would see both her and Ritsuka as a threat to be exterminated. Kiara also realized this and it's also the reason she didn't go full Beast to fight Kama in Ooku. Every Beast but Kama knows this and Kiara has to keep Kama on a leash to avoid her Beasting out and basically getting Ritsuka killed.

That's what I meant. If contracting a Beast puts a permanent kill-order on Ritsuka's head, never to be lifted.....then Tiamat and the others are free to go Beast and tear Nero apart since the damage is already done.

If they haven't (and if Arcade is just a parallel universe and not a completely separate one a la the Servantverse) then that probably means either the Counterforce is more flexible than Nero is saying or there's some way to undo it.

Though the fact that they're acknowledging all of this raises the question of how they'll justify Nero sticking around afterwords. Unless her third ascension has her somehow change classes lol

That's what I meant. If contracting a Beast puts a permanent kill-order on Ritsuka's head, never to be lifted.....then Tiamat and the others are free to go Beast and tear Nero apart since the damage is already done.

If they haven't (and if Arcade is just a parallel universe and not a completely separate one a la the Servantverse) then that probably means either the Counterforce is more flexible than Nero is saying or there's some way to undo it.

Though the fact that they're acknowledging all of this raises the question of how they'll justify Nero sticking around afterwords. Unless her third ascension has her somehow change classes lol

That is the million dollar question, isn't it? I get your point that the other Beasts can go and tear Nero apart but again:
1. She's currently so weak she can die to Shadow Servants so there's no need for that(Not even her DGP's are actually alive, they are completely hollow)

2. If they become Beasts, they cannot become Servants ever again. It's pretty evident it's not worth it since they want Ritsuka to win(outside of Kama) and becoming Beasts would fuck that up, especially to kill one that's basically dead.

But yes, there has to be a way to get out of what Draco put on Ritsuka though or have general consequences or to put it more plainly:
There's gonna be a way to keep Draco around as a Beast Class without the Counter-Force freaking the fuck out over it(Unless we are going to go into MASSIVE gameplay/story segregation but Nasu never truly does that for anyone outside of getting them early... which should be possible due to the Throne's nature)

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That is the million dollar question, isn't it? I get your point that the other Beasts can go and tear Nero apart but again:
1. She's currently so weak she can die to Shadow Servants so there's no need for that(Not even her DGP's are actually alive, they are completely hollow)

2. If they become Beasts, they cannot become Servants ever again. It's pretty evident it's not worth it since they want Ritsuka to win(outside of Kama) and becoming Beasts would fuck that up, especially to kill one that's basically dead.

But yes, there has to be a way to get out of what Draco put on Ritsuka though or have general consequences or to put it more plainly:
There's gonna be a way to keep Draco around as a Beast Class without the Counter-Force freaking the fuck out over it(Unless we are going to go into MASSIVE gameplay/story segregation but Nasu never truly does that for anyone outside of getting them early... which should be possible due to the Throne's nature)

Why can't they become Servants again? They all started as Beasts (or Larval Beasts at least) so you'd think they'd theoretically be able to switch back even if they ascended again.

Unless the idea is that once they've broken their "cover" they're just done for good and the Throne will never let them back in.

Back