• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
It's kinda weird BLD is going so hard in the paint to discredit Poyser but then throws down his vote on Aurelian, who Poyser is voting and pushing, says "no problem with this" and nothing else about Aurelian, and then goes on arguing with Poyser lol

Poyser

If that's how you think it works I don't really know how else to cognitively explain to you. Seems odd to hyper focus on me mentioning my tardiness then say I'm making a big deal out of it when the day phase and game has barely started to begin with.

Seems an odd sleight of hand to play.
This is what I perceive to be the overreaction. He wasn’t hyper focusing nor does accusing him of a “sleight of hand” make any sense based on what happened. There’s your logic

this also adds to my point that your replies to him seemed to imply you thought that him coming at you was scummy, but you were too scared to commit to a scum read

RDK

Marvelous
I don't see the logic or rationality in your claim because you don't have any. Your simply arguing by pointing out with my exchange with RDK, I'm "overreacting" when its simply a diagnosis that anyone who respond to anything another person says is by definition, in your eyes, being overtly defensive. So there is literally no way anyone can operate with any chance of disprove that because its simply a blanket statement you'll hold.

Hence its a circular argument jerk-off from you.
It's more nuance than that mate, you've reacted badly to my suspicion, and the level of the reaction doesn't match the degree of my initial observation.

Poyser

That's great and all but the basis is all of us new to playing with you share that consensus universally, so you can hold onto whatever you prefer, I'm simply iterating the truth.

Anyway I'm going to work, so my contributions and activity will be zero for the next 8-10 hours.
If you’re going to be gone for thay long then you should probably claim your character and role as you have a pretty big wagon and it’s just going to stall the day if you disappear without claiming. The pressure isn’t gonna dissipate on its own

Ultra

THE BEAR
If you’re going to be gone for thay long then you should probably claim your character and role as you have a pretty big wagon and it’s just going to stall the day if you disappear without claiming. The pressure isn’t gonna dissipate on its own

This wolf is getting HUNGRY

Poyser

It’s a pretty standard convention where we play. If you have a big wagon and fail to make it go away with defence then you claim your character and role so we can make a decision on whether to lynch you, change our mind or give you a small stay of execution whilst we pursue other leads

RDK

Marvelous
This is how we play the game. There will be no lynch if deadline is met so there is a degree of urgency involved in getting claims from people we are considering lynching. Stalling a game for half a day isn't something we can really tolerate.

Alco

Distinguished
Damn, I'm mindmelding (melting? melthing? Memling?) with CP a lot. I should be wary of this but I will declare that I like what he's offering right now.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Loving the WWF/WCW Invasion vibe to this game! After this we should all abandon this forum and go meet up somewhere else with shuffled allegiances

Poyser

Also idk if I missed it because I keep missing posts here for some reason, but did fang ever respond to why Yoshi would defend him in the first place if all he was looking to do was be a predator and jump on a mislynch?

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Your question is a bit loaded here. I think it's scummy to challenge fairly weak town reads when you don't have any stake in them - for example, you don't outright disagree with the conclusion of those reads, just the underpinning logic of them. That comes across as looking to discredit town reads for the sake of it, which would obviously be in the interests of scum. I'll also add that there is more nuance to this, because it's not like you have even really disagreed with the logic of Poyser, you disagreed with his conclusion after applying his logic. Does that make more sense?
hes clearly mentioned that he didnt play with lethal in forever, so while he could see poyser's reason making sense, he himself has no way of verifying it and he thinks lethal is capable of playing like this as scum - this looks townie

Ultra

THE BEAR
It’s a pretty standard convention where we play. If you have a big wagon and fail to make it go away with defence then you claim your character and role so we can make a decision on whether to lynch you, change our mind or give you a small stay of execution whilst we pursue other leads

This is how we play the game. There will be no lynch if deadline is met so there is a degree of urgency involved in getting claims from people we are considering lynching. Stalling a game for half a day isn't something we can really tolerate.

The problem is not demanding a claim from a would-be lynch, it's presuming he's a would-be lynch and the permanence of his wagon couple hours into the game when Fang has put more to the table to discuss. Asking for a claim at this point is greedy.

Alco

Distinguished
The problem is not demanding a claim from a would-be lynch, it's presuming he's a would-be lynch and the permanence of his wagon couple hours into the game when Fang has put more to the table to discuss. Asking for a claim at this point is greedy.
Why's that? Nobody's unvoting so clearly we're not convinced? I'm not, anyway.

RDK

Marvelous
I think it's more reflective of the confidence myself and Poyser have in ourselves to get things done. But of course- other items may require more urgency down the line, there's no telling what could happen!

Back