• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
If a player has enough suspicion to gather 12 votes, is given the option to claim as a way to potentially sway the lynch elsewhere, and refuses to do so based on some silly idea they picked up from anime forum Mafia, what exactly do you expect me - or really - anyone, to do? Your angle and approach to this is weird, and I suspect it's motivated by reasons that arent evident from the thread. If that is the case, you're probably going to need to say so.
theoretically, play his game

;]

play his game by deconstructing his logic and pressure him over the why's of not claiming
don't two step with him. tango with him, if he so happens to refuse to claim

i think what ultra is saying is there's other methods of getting answers (including using actions on those suspected) and if you go the typical route (if scum and refuses to claim, lynch. if town and refuses to claim, lynch) you can go other more creative routes by trying to mirror fang's own thought processes that may give small indications that solidify or reassess your read

not just with fang, but with players that refuse to claim in general

Ratchet

You've clearly misrepresented what he said by ignoring a key detail in his post.
I was addressing one part of his posts. To be fair, I quoted the whole thing, when I should have just quoted the line. But still, I think he very clearly suggested to not use it altogether, which is the part I said was silly.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
@Ral

(dont mind these posts they're literally irrelevant i just gotta put my admin hat on sometimes)
ill look into this first if ral insnt on

It's usergroup controlled, mostly to reduce notification spam (spambots can easily abuse mentions). We may eventually have to make a separate user group for Mafia just to avoid this limitation, but for the time being, we can increase the mentions limit to a decent amount or you can double post if needed. Maybe in the future we can have an advanced feature that allows you to mention all users that have replied to a thread, for Mafia only ofc, or just have it where you can fill out who the host is and the participants invovled in the game.

Ratchet

;]

play his game by deconstructing his logic and pressure him over the why's of not claiming

i think what ultra is saying is there's other methods of getting answers (including using actions on those suspected) and if you go the typical route (if scum and refuses to claim, lynch. if town and refuses to claim, lynch) you can go other more creative routes by trying to mirror fang's own thought processes that may give small indications that solidify or reassess your read

I'm not enabling them by jumping through hoops they've set out because they want to make things more difficult than they need to be.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
How do I become an ADMINISTRATIVE ADVISOR
by not being active enough to be an admin and refusing to keep the admin title until you're 100% going to remain active for a long long period of time and be a consistent presence

alas i am not
so i donut deserve a title for now

RDK

Marvelous
I was addressing one part of his posts. To be fair, I quoted the whole thing, when I should have just quoted the line. But still, I think he very clearly suggested to not use it altogether, which is the part I said was silly.
But he didn't clearly suggest that at all lol, unless if choose to completely ignore half his post :swaggyp:

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
No the point I’m trying to get at here is that your responses suggested you were trying to paint his actions as scummy but when I outright asked if you thought he was scummy for it, you said no. It seemed like weakness to me. You were willing to paint his actions as odd to try and diffuse pressure coming your way, but you obviously weren’t willing to commit to any kind of negative read on him.
no he painted it as weird and odd, not scummy. and i dont see why does he have to commit to negative reading RDK there

since its ur first time with him, fang (aurelian) is usually very defensive by nature. ive seen him way more defensive as town

Poyser

;]

But this is weird and makes no sense. He wouldn’t be getting wagoned if we thought he was town so there’s no arbitrary line here lol. If I think someone is scum and they refuse to claim then why would I not lynch them?
like if it’s someone that IS known for claiming and they refuse then perhaps you can take that into account and explore why they would do that. If it’s just somebody that refuses to claim then what does it tell you? Absolutely nothing, so you default to your scum read. Claiming is for his benefit not mine, if he doesn’t wanna help himself that’s his problem

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I think I've seen enough of this thing you're doing, where you act like you're catching up but you're just parroting previous things or theorising possibilities that later prove to be true (Aurelian being Fang for example).

Vote: Ekkologix
Dang, I'm really feeling this actually! Hence my post about there being an echo/Ekko. Feels like Ekko is snuggling up to Poyser hard which is a 180 from the previous game where he was scum and Poyser was town. A deliberate attempt to reverse his meta? What say you @Poyser ?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
This is an inaccurate representation of what he said?
no its not

"because some players don't know you guys, meta reads should either not be used or kept to a minimum"
is still saying
meta reading should not be used or kept to a min (for the sake of players new to others)
it's just the paranthesis that add nuance

Ratchet

But he didn't clearly suggest that at all lol, unless if choose to completely ignore half his post :swaggyp:
I think we are going in circles here. He said to do either one thing, or the other. The point of my post was to say, the "other" was nonsense. Nothing more. It was not to imply the first part didn't exist, either. Hence why I said, I should have been more selective about what I quoted, to better represent what it was that I was responding to.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
All right that's enough forced content for now, BBL!
posts like these are why yall lost Christmas game. u do urself no favors and make urself easy to lynch down the line. can i ask u try a little atleast?

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
posts like these are why yall lost Christmas game. u do urself no favors and make urself easy to lynch down the line. can i ask u try a little atleast?
A fair critique of my Christmas mafia performance but I'm not worried about it this game as I have much more availability!

RDK

Marvelous
no its not

"because some players don't know you guys, meta reads should either not be used or kept to a minimum"
is still saying
meta reading should not be used or kept to a min (for the sake of players new to others)
it's just the paranthesis that add nuance
You've literally just changed his entire post:

"the locals are not going to be able to keep up with the meta reads you ws folks are using. probably need to define the meta reads more or not use them all together" doesn't equate to what you've just turned it into at all lmfao

What are you doing

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
You've literally just changed his entire post:

"the locals are not going to be able to keep up with the meta reads you ws folks are using. probably need to define the meta reads more or not use them all together" doesn't equate to what you've just turned it into at all lmfao

What are you doing
It's in his name bud

Poyser

no he painted it as weird and odd, not scummy. and i dont see why does he have to commit to negative reading RDK there

since its ur first time with him, fang (aurelian) is usually very defensive by nature. ive seen him way more defensive as town
So why are you quoting his posts and calling them over defensive then lol?

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Not a lot! Other than Aurelian

I also didn’t like tpeins entrance at all but his role + haza’s insistence that he’s gone against something he does as scum points to him likely being town. But I definitely didn’t like it because he never claims and the town tpein I know would actively find it hilarious if a townie visited him and died and would think it’s simply down to bad play from them, so him claiming to warn is so far removed from what I’ve come to expect from him. Also the early D0 gut reads he does are a gimmick he used to do but I haven’t seen him do as town for quite some time as I’ve already said

yoshi struck me as weird as well, but if he’s the low hanging fruit people seem to be suggesting then it’s expected that he’d make posts I’ll find weird esp if it’s only his second game.

other than that I haven’t really gotten a lot in terms of scum reads yet
tpeins claim was obviously not serious, u have played with him b4 u know this already

Poyser

Dang, I'm really feeling this actually! Hence my post about there being an echo/Ekko. Feels like Ekko is snuggling up to Poyser hard which is a 180 from the previous game where he was scum and Poyser was town. A deliberate attempt to reverse his meta? What say you @Poyser ?
I wouldn’t say that specifically would be deliberate, I did attack him very early last game. I think he went on offence with me as a form of defence

Back