• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

Dalton

Distinguished
Mate

look at his play.

He’s been combative but with no points or pushes on anyone. He’s throwing fake anger without ANY conviction.

He’s dipping in and out, accepting the early town lean.

He’s parroted early arguments for him (I made a couple of posts about this). Easy options from Poyser to defend himself.

Poyser caught him lying as well about the readback! Man was posting opinions about a readback in a part of a game he was actively posting in lmao
I still think the anger isn't alignment indicative when it comes to Lethal.

But you reminded me about the lying part and I don't think its the worst idea to lynch Lethal as his flip will give us heaps of stuff to talk about tomorrow.
Phenom voted for me? Wtf

I was also calling him out while he was doing his read through.
Tbf, while you're right that lots of WS guys seem to be omgusing you, its also accurate that that means you have been sussing a lot of WS guys lmao.

Poyser

People being from WS or not literally never enters my thinking at all. I’ve pushed tweet twice this game lol. I play to win and people buying into that kind of thing is unhelpful to this game because the whole accusation was disingenuous to begin with from a guy that has been twisting facts for the entire game (plus tpein)

Lethal

Exceptional
He's looked better with larger posts at BPD/Ultra last night & today but there's been a lot of disproportionate emotional posts and not a lot of attempt at solving the game or pushing his own angles like I'd expect from Lethal (I know it's been a year or so - but one of the arguments has been that Lethal hasn't actually changed that much and his meta is still pretty spot on. This goes both ways with what I'd expect from his town self).

Yeah I let emotions get the better of me. Now I've chilled, you can see I've attempted to solve with Ultra, Yoshi & Ekko, as well as hitting back at the cases presented by Dragon & ultra on me (Ultra's case looks incredibly forced, piggy backing off of Dragon's).

I don't count out the possibility of Ultra being scum now, but at the same time, I feel like scum are going to start bussing him.

He's got 4 votes? Feels like open wolfing here.

What about his play around people that aren’t you?

He looks bad around you, absolutely. I think his building a case on me filled him with an aura of confidence and he's trying to overtly solve the game and looking for things that aren't there. He's sorta mellowing out because you're a lot stronger at knocking people down a few pegs (pun intended).

Same again with CP - he took a silly issue with CP claiming to have stopped all kills last night and made a mountain out of a molehill, due to the aura of confidence from the large case he'd made on me. I'd have to look at the CP case again to see exactly what's happening there (like, is he trying to paint CP in a bad light like he did me) but also not wanting to answer for CP cos he's doing well enough on his own.

Poyser

The fact that the people most familiar with lethal are not voting for him does indeed tell you something, but not what you’re saying

Poyser

Yeah I let emotions get the better of me. Now I've chilled, you can see I've attempted to solve with Ultra, Yoshi & Ekko, as well as hitting back at the cases presented by Dragon & ultra on me (Ultra's case looks incredibly forced, piggy backing off of Dragon's).

He's got 4 votes? Feels like open wolfing here.

He looks bad around you, absolutely. I think his building a case on me filled him with an aura of confidence and he's trying to overtly solve the game and looking for things that aren't there. He's sorta mellowing out because you're a lot stronger at knocking people down a few pegs (pun intended).

Same again with CP - he took a silly issue with CP claiming to have stopped all kills last night and made a mountain out of a molehill, due to the aura of confidence from the large case he'd made on me. I'd have to look at the CP case again to see exactly what's happening there (like, is he trying to paint CP in a bad light like he did me) but also not wanting to answer for CP cos he's doing well enough on his own.
Does it not worry you that, from your pov, he’s completely wrong on everything though? Not only that, but he’s constantly ignoring his cases taking a beating to change the goalposts and continue on the same susses. Doesn’t seem like a very townie progression to me

Lethal

Exceptional
I mean Evans is from WS and started sussing me so this notion that we're supportive of each other is heavily false.

Do some players trust stronger players? 100%. Is it always the best practice? Not quite.

I mean, I'm vibing with Ratchet a lot here and idk if he was ever on WS, he's a WG guy

Evans

Acclaimed
Also, I'll be heading to work soon and will miss EOD. This is where I'm at.

1. Lethal - I've been pretty comprehensive about my thoughts on Lethal. Check my case to Alco literally 10-20 mins ago.
6. Ekko - Pretty much the same reasons as my last read list. I was under the impression that he wouldn't go to bat for Aurelian like that if he's a scummate but as Haza pointed out, he's crazy enough to probably do it. The throwing shit everywhere he could to derail the wagon at the end was pretty crazy too.
7. Ratchet - I've liked Ratchet's contributions and we seem to be lining up on a lot of thoughts. I'm comfortable with Ratchet as part of my town core.
8. RDK - Nailed Aurelian early. I genuinely don't see Haza bussing a BP and Duelist D1 just to look good.
9. TPein - Whilst I disagree with T-Pein and the WS forming a clique to not vote other WS players because that's mental. I've liked him this game and I think he's been pretty transparent on his reads.
10. Poyser - claimed indie
11. CraigPelton - nothings struck me as scummy from CP or caused me to change my earlier lean. I think the BPD / CP interaction is T/T.
14. Ultra - Didn't look great off the Aurelian flip, I didn't hate his points about Lethal's inventor role not being a clear town role but it's a lot of big talk from him but he hasn't spearheaded any pushes or attempted lynches. His early game play is a red flag for me too. Saying he can't play the game because of the indie claims/talks.
19. Doddsy - Actively seems to be solving and pushing his own directions. Soft lean.
20. Black Legged Dragon - I don't think he goes as hard as he has done if he's scum. It's painted a big target on him. Some of his longer posts case building have struck as me as he believes what he's saying which makes me think he's town
21. Hans Tweetenberg - Still iffy on Tweet, he's improved from his D1 coasting but I don't think it's enough to sway back from a scum lean to town.

Lethal

Exceptional
Does it not worry you that, from your pov, he’s completely wrong on everything though? Not only that, but he’s constantly ignoring his cases taking a beating to change the goalposts and continue on the same susses. Doesn’t seem like a very townie progression to me

To be perfectly honest I was only looking at beating down his case on me, but I'll check the CP stuff and your stuff too.

The sticking point for me on him now being town is do you think a scum would go to that much effort to start a wagon on me of all people?

Ratchet

Warning.
I am a PGO.
I will kill my visitor.

X4LvE6H.gif
Claim - almost impossible to confirm directly and a suitable deterrent from actions. It's not a good start, though in fairness, I do see him claiming this as Town if he got it. He could be scum with this role, too (a limited variation I would expect).
Aurelian I am just playing ball with for the sake of getting a lynch.
And I do agree he seems to be playing carefully.
He flagrantly joins the Aurelian lynch for the sake of being on there. We're early in the day, he has no reason to be resigned to this wagon.
TMI?
Is he town?
That or I "feel" you are softing a defense here.
Here is position is that I'm either slipping and letting everyone know Aurelian is Town, or that I'm scum buddies with him. Neither are particularly original, but it's important to note that he states he holds these positions.
It was strange.
I got more of a TMI feel from it.
But probably cuz I am tunneling him.
Ratchet had no reason to try and soft defend there imo.
This retrolize I think is just m8s irl so he just batting for his boy.
Now, with almost no progression in-between (about 30 minutes), he doesn't think I'm soft-defending him, despite just saying he felt it. This serves as a soft defence of Aurelian, ironically enough, because it puts the focus onto the scenario where he is Town.
this is gonna look real bad if the agreed upon lynch flips scum btw.
And Imma tunnel you for it.
clearly he already prefliped aerolean or w/e
"I didn't know he would flip scum I don't have TMI"
Useless.
Just let him flip then talk about RDK.
what the.....

:whathekong
His main push is already gonna flip.
Again.
Look elsewhere
You trying too hard and if aeroelan does flip scum this looks like a strong derailing attempt.
what kekko is doing is not even natural.
He either has TMI and will say.
"See I told you so aurelian was town! lets lynch RDK" or legitimately trying to discredit RDK to not lynch aurelian
I sense an agenda.
I will look into yoshi for instance.
Do not wanna spoil the rest
otherwise you gonna look silly AF.
I think you are risking it because you already know what he gonna flip?
otherwise why risk looking you were trying to derail a scum lynch?
My point is idk if he gonna flip town or not so I am not gonna push the one that started his wagon in case he does flip scum.
Then Imma just look like I was trying to protect one of my m8s.
you think you can just push counterwagons to a scum lynch and get away with it?
why so cocky kekko kun
All of the above is exactly the kind of open-scum tendencies he knows he can get away with. He very clearly seems to carry the expectation that the current wagon is on Scum, yet wants to maintain a degree of ambivalence about it. Speaking of ambivalence, despite stating he believes Ekko has TMI, he more or less maintains throughout that he thinks Ekko is Town.
Ratchet Kun why are you interested in what I think kekko is doing?
you think its a good idea for him to derail from aerosomething?
:whathekong

I think kekko is town.
But if aurolean flips scum I will not defend him the next day.
If anyone tries and push him I will allow it cuz he did make himself look sus.
looks like a desperate push to try and save him.
And when I warned him he says that he doesn't care.
Now I see him as having TMI and doesn't care cuz he know that dude gonna flip town.
Kekko wouldn't risk it imho.
I wouldnt
cuz its dumb af.
50/50
why are you lawyering kekko?
why do you care what I think of him?
This is his response to point I was pushing against him Day 1 (that he was overly concerned about how one is perceived over a scum flip). He wastes no time in trying to frame my argument as an undue defence of Ekko, and fails to adequately address what it is I'm asking.
I am ok with lynching still.
lowkey.
culd be a fake claim.
:zilla4:
I think this quote is pretty interesting, given that he earlier had no real stake in the lynch and was just voting it for the sake of supporting the wagon. Now, he finds a reason to keep his vote there, but there is no real conviction tying him to the wagon. It's important to remember that Scum would have some kind of plan when a mate is being wagoned - some will bus, some will look to sway it elsewhere - they will not all vote as a block together.
lets go for it.

GIF by WWE

vote lynch yoshi
Of course, Pein gets off the wagon.
what happened to aerolean.
he claimed his role.
stopped the lynch cuz he claimed indie and some believed him.
he is claiming to be able to protect or something.
this is a role scum gonna want out me thinks.
since he might stop them from killing?
Now a defence of Aurelian.
With Yoshi having gone nowhere, back on the wagon he goes. There is no logical progression between these posts.
besides top wagon

ratchet
poyser
kekko.
Now he scum reads Aurelian (and Ekko, but in his defence there is reasonable progression there now).
I have a problem with him saying he wont claim and then claims later.
No conviction.
Wasted people's time.
Now he finds a fairly arbitrary reason to justify his newfound suspicion. In isolation, the reason isn't bad, but given that he saw the claim and still felt that it was first fake and then a threat to scum, there is no consistency to be tracked here.

I think it's pretty evident that his thought process is all over the place and he was more interested in positioning himself for after the flip. Couple this with his few interactions with Ultra being all over the place (Ultra goes from stating he wouldn't lynch T-Pein D1 because he's funny (which strikes me as scum wanting to interact with a mate coyly), to scum reading him, and there is no clear reason as to why this is) and how he hasn't done any pushing on Ekko today and I think the motives have been laid bare. I will acknowledge that T-Pein often plays similar to this but here there is an angle where he is benefitting from it, in other words, a plausible agenda, and he shouldn't get a pass for scummy play besides. If I had the ability to wagon him, I'd be voting here, but I don't know if we have the time.

Poyser

My one little nagging doubt with lethal now is that his play this phase does kinda strike me as someone that took some advice to calm down, stop OMGUSing and focus elsewhere. It has been an entire night IRL so could easily be genuine but idk that’s just the impression I got. I’m not sure where the “BPD is town” conclusion came from

Poyser

To be perfectly honest I was only looking at beating down his case on me, but I'll check the CP stuff and your stuff too.

The sticking point for me on him now being town is do you think a scum would go to that much effort to start a wagon on me of all people?
He probably thought you’d be easy to lynch. Almost nobody defended you before today

Poyser

When it's completely disproportionate and an overreaction, I think it could be
Nah as I’ve said I’ve fallen into this exact trap with him before and he was town. It’s very rare I misread him but the couple of times I did was largely down to thinking his anger is fake af and blown out of proportion

Back