• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Fate/Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
Just wanted to apologise guys. I got mixed up between the game thread and chat and compromised the game state.

Stupid error whilst working & playing. Sorry for everyone to have wasted their time, including Ratchet hosting an incredibly fun game, my team who were absolutely killing it and the other players who were throwing effort in.

Would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Hime!
fwiw ig its better this happened dp2 rather than dp5 when more ppl would feel as though their efforts were wasted
i do feel bad as tho i couldve subbed out without saying anything but i got too excited and hadnt thought abt it at the time
and as ratchet said in PMs that someone else may have seen it too

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
On another note, we could really do with a new system that isn’t using conversations for scum chat. I don’t think it works in general as I find them really annoying, but also this is the 2nd time I’ve seen this happen since qt died and we started using convos lol
yea i second this
i prefer discord cuz we cant search stuff in stupid PMs and pin/threadmark things there
it makes things so much harder lol

Ultra

THE BEAR
@Evans

Not going to do a big quote wall for this one, as I don’t have the time and I’m not really as sure about him as the other two, just going to post my impressions from re-reading him:

- What he got most credit for yesterday was his pushback on me. I think this is actually the most convincing part of his ISO since he looks aggressive, but nobody seemed to really address the context of where this push came from, namely:
  • Me and Evans were the two leading wagons at this point in time
  • Evans had shown some minor pushback to my questioning but the only read on me he had vocalized was town
  • He suddenly does a 180 “after further consideration” and just happens to arrive at me being scum, putting my wagon above his
In short, he was probably doing what was required of him to do. And after both our wagons dip, so does his need to push me as scum

- He's doing *way* more than what I'm accustomed to him doing, his progressions on other players come far more rapidly than in his previous games, he frequently doubles back and assigns reads for players in agreement with him. He's a serial tunneler and isn't quite showing that behavior. He’s making lists and tossing multiple players town reads, he’s doing a lot more to be seen and heard. In basically every game I’ve seen him play, he has a handful of suspects and he spends no less than multiple days tunneling them before he gets over them, if at all. Several players have noted he’s different as well.

- Playing positionally. By this I mean, he’s tossing town reads to players who agree with him and what thread direction he wants to take. Once he no longer had to push me to survive, he didn’t. He gives points to players who are doing things he likes, I don’t see much townsolving from him that isn’t some form of “I agree with these posts”

- Very self aware of his thread position and other players attacking him to a degree I'm not used to. His initial response to pressure from me was to point out how I don’t know his meta and how he was busy at work, but he also went out of his way to respond to Aurelian’s name drops as well.

- His interactions around Gram are very weird. In their early back and forth, Evans confusingly insinuated that Gram must have had a “good reason for his push”. Gram also was giving me a little pushback at the same time, and Evans’ suspicion basically evaporates by the time my case rolls around. Gram credits Evans pushback and then pivots to reading me as looking worse off.

- Is putting in more effort to secure his positions - this I think is a big one. Instead of shooting for the hip he's digging up quotes and shoring up all his cases in evidence. He clearly took a bit of time prepping that case on me. He also dug up T-Peins performance from last game, and then softened the blow with the conclusion that “it’s too obvious to be true”. He knows what impact this will have, but he’s just “putting it out there”. This is something I've done before as scum.

:banderas

Evans

Acclaimed
On another note, we could really do with a new system that isn’t using conversations for scum chat. I don’t think it works in general as I find them really annoying, but also this is the 2nd time I’ve seen this happen since qt died and we started using convos lol

Yes please

Ultra

THE BEAR
I think a good compromise is to keep on-site chats while having a discord convos ready made for the bulk of the talking. Action submissions, role clarifications, etc. Can be made in PMs, while bulk of the game talk can be made in discord. In practice that should cut the odds down of this happening substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back