• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Fate/Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I think I'll move BPD to a soft scum lean as well, tonally he kinda seems townie aggressive but he's actually kind of a wet noodle. His angle on Fang came from a prefabbed position since we joked about wagoning him pregame, and he gave that up without much resistance.

Him talking about how he is trying to change his town meta reeks of bullshit, his approach to me/evans felt fake, and most importantly he hasn't been moving the gamestate forward at all from what I can see. He's actually quite passive.

The X

Marvelous
I think you're treating him with kiddie gloves to produce that read, which I take no issue with, but I do have to logically extend that and wonder why you're aghast that I'm "dismissing Evans points easily". You haven't even brought up specifics in this regard so to me this registers as pretty fake, honesty. What has he brought to light about my approach to him that you suddenly take issue with? You literally followed the case that was being made on him early game all the way up until he made that post, so you'd think your interest in this matter would demand that you actually have something lucid to say about where I apparently fucked up. Instead, this is all posturing.
You've assumed a couple of things from me here, Ultra. First of all, I don't really repeat anyone with kiddie gloves, I think usually treat slots the opposite, I give players too much credit sometimes. I'm not sure why you'd say I'm treating him that way? My early vote on Evans was one of curiosity and wanting to put slight pressure on him. Then his posts were not something I considered drivel and made me reconsider his slot a bit (I've gone from slight wolf to slight town). It's weird you say you have no issue with my read, but then go on to discredit me and shade me. I'm not 'aghast' and anything (why are you trying to trump up my emotions?), but instead simply saying I don't think Evans is completely dismissable like you are making it seem. Why do I need to bring specific points up, though? I'm not interested in jumping between the two of you or thunderdoming that result, but all I'm saying is that I can see some of Evans' logic and that he the way you're treating his slot, and the way you're starting to act overall, is feeling dismissive and over confident.

Ultra

THE BEAR
You've assumed a couple of things from me here, Ultra. First of all, I don't really repeat anyone with kiddie gloves, I think usually treat slots the opposite, I give players too much credit sometimes. I'm not sure why you'd say I'm treating him that way? My early vote on Evans was one of curiosity and wanting to put slight pressure on him. Then his posts were not something I considered drivel and made me reconsider his slot a bit (I've gone from slight wolf to slight town). It's weird you say you have no issue with my read, but then go on to discredit me and shade me. I'm not 'aghast' and anything (why are you trying to trump up my emotions?), but instead simply saying I don't think Evans is completely dismissable like you are making it seem. Why do I need to bring specific points up, though? I'm not interested in jumping between the two of you or thunderdoming that result, but all I'm saying is that I can see some of Evans' logic and that he the way you're treating his slot, and the way you're starting to act overall, is feeling dismissive and over confident.

I'm thinking you're treating him that way because you basically didn't comment on any specifics of what you liked, you liked the fact that he dropped a big word wall and clapped back at me. I don't think you even attempted to scrutinize it whatsoever, and this is a wagon you joined presumably for similar reasons.

Like look at this, you still don't have anything to say in regards to any of his points you liked, you were very transparently just enjoying the fact he was pushing me. This doesn't really make sense for someone you have a prior scum read on pushing someone you probably should be town leaning on positionally (me)

Evans

Acclaimed

What exactly made you want to put pressure on me?

Then what about my posts changed your mind?

The X

Marvelous
I'm thinking you're treating him that way because you basically didn't comment on any specifics of what you liked, you liked the fact that he dropped a big word wall and clapped back at me. I don't think you even attempted to scrutinize it whatsoever, and this is a wagon you joined presumably for similar reasons.

Like look at this, you still don't have anything to say in regards to any of his points you liked, you were very transparently just enjoying the fact he was pushing me. This doesn't really make sense for someone you have a prior scum read on pushing someone you probably should be town leaning on positionally (me)
But do I need to comment on specifics in order to like something? I did mention I thought the posts of yours he quoted did show some chest puffing from you. I did say I felt you were more dismissive than responsive to his response. I also thought that I could understand and follow Evans' point of view throughout his response to you as well.

Well yeah, why wouldn't I be happy to see Evans push you back? I'd be sad if Evans just laid down and didn't respond to you in anyway. But why doesn't it make any sense? It's not like Evans was some hard wolf read I had. At the beginning I thought 'yeah maybe Evans could be wolf', so I threw a vote down there. But after his wallie (with some of the points I mentioned in the first paragraph) I thought 'yeah maybe Evans could be town'. It's not an overly complicated process or a necessarily deep one.

I assume you're saying I should positionally read you as town because I had a soft wolf read on Evans in the beginning and that he was pushing you? I mean, I wasn't really making hard reads or assumptions for the first, five pages of game, so it never crossed my mind that Evans maybe being a wolf meant that you had to be town. I was being patient with allowing your argument to open up and I didn't really have an initial impression on your slot. After Evans talked more about your slot, I thought 'hmm does these points make sense for Ultra being wolf'. And that's where I'm at now, interacting with your slot to try and help my solve.

Ultra

THE BEAR
But do I need to comment on specifics in order to like something? I did mention I thought the posts of yours he quoted did show some chest puffing from you. I did say I felt you were more dismissive than responsive to his response. I also thought that I could understand and follow Evans' point of view throughout his response to you as well.

Well yeah, why wouldn't I be happy to see Evans push you back? I'd be sad if Evans just laid down and didn't respond to you in anyway. But why doesn't it make any sense? It's not like Evans was some hard wolf read I had. At the beginning I thought 'yeah maybe Evans could be wolf', so I threw a vote down there. But after his wallie (with some of the points I mentioned in the first paragraph) I thought 'yeah maybe Evans could be town'. It's not an overly complicated process or a necessarily deep one.

I assume you're saying I should positionally read you as town because I had a soft wolf read on Evans in the beginning and that he was pushing you? I mean, I wasn't really making hard reads or assumptions for the first, five pages of game, so it never crossed my mind that Evans maybe being a wolf meant that you had to be town. I was being patient with allowing your argument to open up and I didn't really have an initial impression on your slot. After Evans talked more about your slot, I thought 'hmm does these points make sense for Ultra being wolf'. And that's where I'm at now, interacting with your slot to try and help my solve.

Ok

The X

Marvelous
What exactly made you want to put pressure on me?

Then what about my posts changed your mind?
I was curious to follow Ultra's vote on you early on. I thought you and Fang were early slots that were willing to engage and respond so just wanted to see some early reactions there.

My mind changed a bit because I could understand where you were coming from when you were calling Ultra's posts out for sounding like he was chest thumping. The posts that you pulled made me believe that you believed what you were saying and that if wasn't just an attempt to shade Ultra further. I don't believe anything you said or any evidence you used sounded to out of wack and that it was more of a conspiracy theory than something you actually believed. It was also a response that made me more curious about Ultra's slot as well, so there was something I believed in it about Ultra as well. I'm still undecided on Ultra's slot and usually do allow him some time to cook, but I thought the points were valid enough that it made me want to have my own conversation with Ultra.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Okay so BPD's more recent posts, he basically interacts with Cubey talking about town tactics, went from being undecided between Evans vs Ultra to shifting to reading Evans as town; tried to get Dofla to be more active during all of this as well back to Ultra vs BPD more recently. Said before and will say again I have never been a fan of how much he likes to abuse the "wolfing"/"powerwolfing" thing. But his approach is pretty different from past games so I'm still gonna keep him in null, I don't think he's acted in a way that is subtly scummy but I'm not yet seeing his more townie oriented super death-tunneling like I'm used to with him.

The X

Marvelous
Actually Dragon going down a stupid path of nonsense to try and fight someone is a way to push content without doing fuck all. This stupid interaction with Fang is eye torture. He's pulled this shit before (namely me in Elden Ring, Poyser in Elden Ring) but is it him being dumb town or shady wolf?

Like this absolute shite
My dude, my whole interaction with Fang was over nothing and our engagement was me telling him that; nowhere did I try to suss him, it was me trying to escape him.

The X

Marvelous
Okay so BPD's more recent posts, he basically interacts with Cubey talking about town tactics, went from being undecided between Evans vs Ultra to shifting to reading Evans as town; tried to get Dofla to be more active during all of this as well back to Ultra vs BPD more recently. Said before and will say again I have never been a fan of how much he likes to abuse the "wolfing"/"powerwolfing" thing. But his approach is pretty different from past games so I'm still gonna keep him in null, I don't think he's acted in a way that is subtly scummy but I'm not yet seeing his more townie oriented super death-tunneling like I'm used to with him.
I mean, thanks for the summary? I had two posts to Cubey and I was curious as to why they chose the post they did to use it to enter the game.

Where did I ever try to get Dofla more active?

When have you ever said this before? First of all, Gram was the one that first mentioned this. Second of all, how do I abuse 'wolfing/powerwolfing'? Not even sure how this is relevant to anything?

I really don't know what this post is meant to achieve Fang. But one thing that I will say is you've definitely seen my play a town game without tunneling before.

The X

Marvelous
Your prior posts about Aureliboi being too serious in response to what I gathered was your GF joke didn't seem like you were townreading him :dank

Why do you townread the two?
Why are you and Lethal both trying to bring this back up now?

Yeah, I thought the way Fang was handling my slot was in bad faith, but then I remembered the last few arguments I've had with Fang felt the same way and he flipped town. So I wasn't really interested in engaging in a futile back and forth. I came out feeling 'maybe Fang could be town' and felt like the best way to solve his slot was to not interact with it personally and instead just leave it alone and observe what he does elsewhere.

The X

Marvelous
You are coming off a little too defensive
Me? I'm just asking clarifying questions. I'm not sure how you can say I'm coming off defensive when you conclude you haven't really seen anything wolfy from me and none of your points were exactly accusatory. Just curious about why you've decided to make that post about me.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Me? I'm just asking clarifying questions. I'm not sure how you can say I'm coming off defensive when you conclude you haven't really seen anything wolfy from me and none of your points were exactly accusatory. Just curious about why you've decided to make that post about me.
Your being too eager about me giving a read I promised on you from Grammaton and it just feels very off for you to be this flustered about me going over your more recent posts and comparing that with your earlier actions to try and parse or doll out a decent read on you.

The X

Marvelous
Your being too eager about me giving a read I promised on you from Grammaton and it just feels very off for you to be this flustered about me going over your more recent posts and comparing that with your earlier actions to try and parse or doll out a decent read on you.
Oh, wasn't aware you were posting that because Gram asked you, I thought it was coming out of nowhere.

I mean, do I feel flustered to you? I don't really think anything you said about me is hard hitting nor did I feel like my questions were anything but clarifying where your thoughts were coming from and why you were telling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back