• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Fate/Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Fwiw lethal, I associate BPDs unfounded bravado more with his town than scum game (and I’m referring specifically to having ‘caught the gf’)

Natalija

Divine Departure
I did like the amount of effort he put into. I like seeing Evans fire up his game and that excites me. For one way or another, my gut tells me Evans (and Fang) might be town here, so I'm going to lean town. I'm wondering if there's a point to Evans saying you are beating your chest a bit, though. Do you feel like this is a wolf tell of yours??
Your prior posts about Aureliboi being too serious in response to what I gathered was your GF joke didn't seem like you were townreading him :dank

Why do you townread the two?

Natalija

Divine Departure
He asked me if I´m "Team Ultra" or "Team Evans", there must be an intention behind this question. What I can think of is that he wants to figure out if I´m willing to jump on one of those two wagons. This could probably be because of
a) him wanting to see if I´m willing to make an opportunistic vote to figure out if I am scum
b) him wanting to manipulate me into voting one of them so he could frame me later for my opportunistic vote

Where´s Ekko so far btw? Feels almost unreal with him playing but not spamming the thread.
I guess the relevant question here is: do you think it's a or b?

Kekko changed his playstyle a bit, he won't spam as much.

Lethal

T.B.A
Well, it’d be good to get your take I guess?
Dumb town. He sees this stuff as a huge *gotcha* and then doesn't relent on it. Kinda like me a lot lol. It did fade off once he clarified to Fang it was a joke alongside Ekko & Ultra with the GF thing. I'm still back at p.6 though.

Natalija

Divine Departure
Yup, just looked at our old game, Dofla doesn't have a daring attitude when he's scum. Town leans so far: hime, SK, Dofla, Sworder

Kurumi

Preeminent
I guess the relevant question here is: do you think it's a or b?

Kekko changed his playstyle a bit, he won't spam as much.

That´s not easy to tell but Dofla hasn´t contributed anything helpful imo, so I´m more leaning to b)

You´ve read hime´s post mentioning Juliet, me and you too? The one where she was asking us to vote Ultra for making a statement? So Dofla could´ve assumed that I would be doing exactly that (because of husbando sister alliance^^). Otherwise it´s hard for me to imagine another reason why he specifically asked me which team I´m on. You and Juliet weren´t online at this point.

Natalija

Divine Departure
That´s not easy to tell but Dofla hasn´t contributed anything helpful imo, so I´m more leaning to b)

You´ve read hime´s post mentioning Juliet, me and you too? The one where she was asking us to vote Ultra for making a statement? So Dofla could´ve assumed that I would be doing exactly that (because of husbando sister alliance^^). Otherwise it´s hard for me to imagine another reason why he specifically asked me which team I´m on. You and Juliet weren´t online at this point.
Honestly I don't think he plays as "deep" as to try manipulating someone as scum. He's not that kind of player.

Ya, the Ultra tags, I saw it. I think if the thread is polarized between two players, the odds of one of them being scum is super high (but not both) and hence the team question. Everyone should choose.

That’s a bold take - what’s Dolfa done that’s daring this game?
He's not afraid of ridiculous voting, nor of showing he wants to axe certain players. When he's scum he just goes with the flow without making "bold" statements. You can go look at the Fairy Tail game for reference.

My impression of him so far as a player is that he doesn't want attention when he's scum - here I do not sense that in his posts.

What do you think of him?

Kurumi

Preeminent
Honestly I don't think he plays as "deep" as to try manipulating someone as scum. He's not that kind of player.

Ya, the Ultra tags, I saw it. I think if the thread is polarized between two players, the odds of one of them being scum is super high (but not both) and hence the team question. Everyone should choose.

He's not afraid of ridiculous voting, nor of showing he wants to axe certain players. When he's scum he just goes with the flow without making "bold" statements. You can go look at the Fairy Tail game for reference.

My impression of him so far as a player is that he doesn't want attention when he's scum - here I do not sense that in his posts.

hime asked us to vote Ultra before the Ultra vs. Evans thing even started. And are the odds of one of those two being scum really higher than for anyone else? Town vs. Town happened quite often. Your logic does not convince me.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
So to pick through this in some kind of order

- I dont think its particularly strange to narrow your (Ultra's) focus no, that seems within range - Are you saying you expect him to treat all players exactly equal?
That would be the case, yes. Its not an unfair assessment.
- I'm not sure what you mean by busy work, I'm looking for town players to work with and scum players to expose, basically every post I've made is game related is it not?
Correct. I'll concede that, especially in light of more recent activity you've done that expands on it.
- If you think Evans is the polar opposite of last game where hes town, do you not think hes a worthwhile avenue to pursue?
Well this is coming post conciliation I had with him, but it was at first the impression I got. I didn't factor in other things like RL stuff that could've influenced his initial early posts and the vibe I had from him.
- Your reasons for townleaning Ekko are again counterintuitive to me - If he piled onto a wagon that you later describe as not feeling as scum, doesn't that raise an alarm? Or are you saying he might not be scum, but for now you think he is?
I don't think I made that distinction of soft town reading him BECAUSE he joined Hime and Dofla's wagon on Ultra. Just as you mentioned about Ultra that an objective assessment would to be based around a players known behavior, tells, and posturing (or lack of) when they are town or scum, is why I was giving a town read on Ekko, he's still operating and behaving in the way he usually does in games when he's town; the fair bit of activity and posting, jumping and latching onto Ultra to vote him without any hesitation, early on taking an immediate side on who he wants to vote.

Can you explain how this seems counterintuitive or contradictory?
- Where did Dofla trip Ultra?
Since the wagon started; Dofla put his vote on Ultra and the two leading choices were Evans and him. Its probably not objective but subjective so I'll try to word this as surgically as possible. The way I see it, from their interactions, their back and forth, it seems Dofla has Ultra on the backfoot, forcing him to try and survive now, his only real counter-move that had any weight to it was trying to get Dofla to offer alternatives to sus besides himself and Evans and he basically ignored/sold him. I don't really see how Ultra came off looking better and not worse for wear out of this.

The reality ended up being Hime, Dofla, T-Pein, Ekko, and myself with Ultra leading as day 1's candidate, he hasn't really done much to push back on Dofla so I guess that might also explain his increased aggression and trying to push on Evans instead.
- Hime read is fair enough, interested in your take on her now tho
I will ISO her more recent posts and give a read after that to update it.
- I dont get your Kurumi read, she does a bunch of stuff you seem to like but dont give any credit for it?
Kurumi is much harder to peg down. I have very little experience playing with her in a few past games, but the tangent is this game: on one hand it fits into my town lean on Dofla that she leans town on him as well, on the other hand, she isn't onboard with the suspicion I have with Ultra, which contradicts my own stance. Then again as I said earlier, a good sign generally speaking, of a town player, is retaining a stubborn view of things or going against the current vote trend, so she is puzzling to me.
- I don't think theres any 'co-ordination' going on, especially with more recent posts in mind between Ultra and BPD
Maybe it was paranoia or maybe it just felt weird how oddly timed the two of them were coming at me. Not sure.
- Questioning the legitimacy of anything Tpein does is usually fairly pointless - But if you do think Ultra is scum then this one makess sense
Just to clarify are you saying T-Pein so far has been NAI with his posts/votes?
- Powerwolfing isnt BPDs deal based on my experiences with him - hes noticeably quieter and far less confrontational. I'd agree that powerwolfing is one of his favourite crutches for justifying scum reads on active players who look like theyre trying to do something
Well I can't say I disagree here. There have been many games where I am town and he will happily spam that term at anyone and everyone through most of the game until it gets slammed into his head it usually is just a dumb bugaboo term that tends to make things worse.
- Last two arent really worth a comment
Fair.
So I'm now in a quandary because I can see where youre coming from with some stuff, and your worldview makes a lot more sense to me if you do think Ultra is scum - but some of this seems kinda backward to me
I see.
Could you fill in the blanks on Hime and BPD now pls?
Let me ISO some of their posts and recent activity and I'll get back to you.

Evans

Acclaimed

I’d disageee that he’s been bold or shown no fear to axing anyone as he hasn’t even attempted to solve or push. He’s simply baited other players into making those thoughts.

I’d say he’s trying to avoid attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back