• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
This seems to be a consistent theme among your stated reads and I gotta say I'm not sure what it's grounded in. People will respond when accused of things. In fact an accusation that's frivolous and is not a complete joke usually warrants a stronger response from me personally.
The thing is, the accusation here was barely more than a joke. The accusation was "why didn't you say you'd be changing up your play in the signup thread", does that seem like serious criticism to you?

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
I don't town read Melkor whatsoever, but I've also come to terms with the fact that's more or less a permanent fixture of how I view his play, and coloring every one of his ten posts as scummy is a bit of an oversell, I think. Coupled with the fact that Imposter has kind of just parked his vote there I can see this coming from scum.

[Vote lynch Imposter]
Did he do this?

Ultra

THE BEAR
The thing is, the accusation here was barely more than a joke. The accusation was "why didn't you say you'd be changing up your play in the signup thread", does that seem like serious criticism to you?

I mean, it categorically can't be anything than a gut check since it's 10 posts into the game, but it's not like it was an rvs vote either

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
It's literally like 68 posts in mate. What are you expecting as answer to this question?
Flower had made plenty of posts by then and CP was the second to vote her so I wanted either of those guys to tell me if there's actually anything scummy in there that I missed. What did you think of Flower so far?

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Btw on topic of the Miller, my take is that I kinda think Gram hates Millers and wouldn't put them into the game, but also that's host/setup spec which is junk science. The far better argument imo is that CP oughta know that claiming Miller as scum isn't the greatest idea so I'm leaning that he likely wouldn't do it as scum.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
I mean, it categorically can't be anything than a gut check since it's 10 posts into the game, but it's not like it was an rvs vote either
Even if it was a gut check, Ekko defended himself a little too much to my liking, the post he made and I quoted read to me like he was seriously apologizing and it struck me as though he was afraid of drawing too much negative attention from Magic to himself.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
You tell me.
I suppose if I read it right he did.

In fact the way he did reminded me a lot of you in that town v town game I keep bringing up. Ykno the one where you as town kept shooting down every single point I made? Considering that happened I find you scum reading him for it borderline hypocritical.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I suppose if I read it right he did.

In fact the way he did reminded me a lot of you in that town v town game I keep bringing up. Ykno the one where you as town kept shooting down every single point I made? Considering that happened I find you scum reading him for it borderline hypocritical.

...what?

Ultra

THE BEAR
I'm saying that painting quite literally everything someone says as scummy if you're really really convinced that they're scum is something you do as town yourself so seeing that point being made by you is at least strange

No offense but I don't really think you can draw direct comparison, and maybe this point isn't all that compelling to you being in the receiving end and all, but in Eastenders I had read Day 1 and drafted what I thought was a pretty respectable case before entering tunnelvision. Also his leading point is a mischaracterization.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Basically there's a huge gap between me going maximum overdrive on your ass and swinging in you for 200+ posts vs a guy with ten posts coming in and making an early game case on another guy with 10 posts who has received no pushback and the real only common denominator here is the very element you isolated because you're still a bit singed about it

Ultra

THE BEAR
Okay fair

Still don't agree that he's being scummy but fair

I can also acknowledge he's not scum with Ekko. But he fits a profile which I'm more comfortable identifying as scum which is keeping a low profile and taking safe positions. I don't think for example him correcting REM is scummy but it's the type of contribution that's relatively easy to make, and Melkor is LHF. Hasn't spread out or taken a position on any other players including Ekko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back