• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
This is bullshit, and you know it's bullshit, and if you can produce a read from REM by engaging with this topic then it has nothing to do with the subject matter itself, so why are you so intent on tripling down on this?

By your own premise you can argue that letting him go on his merry way would be worse than correcting him, because then he could be easily mislynched.

I think you TMI'd him as town and came up with some woeful justification for chainsaw defending him when it wasn't even necessary.
ultra let me ask u this, why do u assume town!RAEM will intentionally engage in flavor discussion for the rest of the day even when there r other discussion going?

not only that but are u holding this against him somehow? because he tunneled me last game and got himself lynched. he clearly doesnt give a shit day 1

u r free to think as u like, if u say that i am TMI'ing him then it means u arrived at him being town as well. point taken

Emil

V.I.P. Member
its like u r working in reverse, telling me we shud stop him so he does not get himself mislynched. that dont make sense. if he got himself mislynched for talking about flavor the whole day its his fault not ours

instead how about we let him engage in it, see who else is willing to join, see how much he continues the flavor discussion versus real game discussion, see who is fake trying to stop it

this discussion we r having now started because RAEM was flavor talking. its worth asfk. probably the best thing that happened in the game so far

Ultra

THE BEAR
ultra let me ask u this, why do u assume town!RAEM will intentionally engage in flavor discussion for the rest of the day even when there r other discussion going?

not only that but are u holding this against him somehow? because he tunneled me last game and got himself lynched. he clearly doesnt give a shit day 1

u r free to think as u like, if u say that i am TMI'ing him then it means u arrived at him being town as well. point taken

I wouldn't assume he would, but if he is left unchecked with the impression that it matters, it is probably an objective detriment regardless.

Also your framing this as "shutting him down", even though it was just a due correction. Nobody told him he couldn't talk about it, just that it was pointless to do so.

And yes I'm town reading him. It's a fairly surface level read but I don't think he has much of a scum game to speak of, he seems uninhibited

Emil

V.I.P. Member
also im not against stopping flavor talk, but when u do it make sure u propose something else

u and tweet sort of tried

imposter didnt at all

in fact imposter just stopped RAEM from flavor talking BUT did not point RAEM toward melkor or ask raem any game related question as far as i recall

its busy work and an attempt to silence the thread

Ultra

THE BEAR
its like u r working in reverse, telling me we shud stop him so he does not get himself mislynched. that dont make sense. if he got himself mislynched for talking about flavor the whole day its his fault not ours

instead how about we let him engage in it, see who else is willing to join, see how much he continues the flavor discussion versus real game discussion, see who is fake trying to stop it

this discussion we r having now started because RAEM was flavor talking. its worth asfk. probably the best thing that happened in the game so far

Regardless, we're here, it happened, and I made the same observation Imposter did so I don't see anything wrong with it.

If you're town you're defending an increasingly pointless line of discussion so I'd advise you to pivot, because I can't work with this

RÆM

Distinguished
It's not that big of a deal.
also im not against stopping flavor talk, but when u do it make sure u propose something else

u and tweet sort of tried

imposter didnt at all

in fact imposter just stopped RAEM from flavor talking BUT did not point RAEM toward melkor or ask raem any game related question as far as i recall

its busy work and an attempt to silence the thread
yeah that's an angle.

if you want to infer that from a generic day 1. Obviously I wouldn't do that as a power role.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
You said I didn't present any alternative. That's not true.

There's inherently more value to a vote/questioning than character/flavour spec but honestly we're going round in circles at this point and this in itself isn't productive. I don't really understand your stuff on the miller. It's not more believable due to anything to do with flavour but just because it has been claimed super early which is what usually happens

Melkor irked me initially because I'd just read the OP and he immediately soft hinted at flavour which is w/e. Followed up with fluff to Magic, the NAI comment re your entry into the thread which is a strange meta read to me unless you're known for stating that you're switching up your play or something. His vote on Flower seemed lazy too but it's early and maybe he was trolling

See above. Ekko was the one who mentioned 'alternative'. He insinuated I shut down flavour spec for the sake of doing nothing else basically. I was just pointing to my earlier vote.
i dont recall u telling RAEM what u want him to discuss no, correct me if im wrong

where did melkor hint at flavor?

the NAI comment idk. i dont always change playstyle no. but my entrance being that shudnt be indicative of anything. if anything magic asking LM about the entrance is silly but helps gain that reaction from LM atleast. i dont expect a different answer regardless of LM alignment tho tbh

also yes, if u r shutting down flavor spec in that same post i expect u to ask RAEM something else to guide him to move elsehwere, otherwise u just told him to shut up and thats it

Ultra

THE BEAR
Like the Grizzly Bear can smell a drop of blood 10 miles away off the drifts of a breeze, I can smell a town victory in the works. I can taste it. This is the game.

RÆM

Distinguished
You compare people too much to their recent games or what you've seen in the past. Sometimes people genuinely change up how they play or approach things differently. Don't rely on that too much. Should be like a small percentage of your reads. Behavior in current game is the most reliable, who they are voting. Whether they shy away from discussion etc.

Just my opinion. I personally don't do the "He acted like X in this game so he must be X now" approach anymore. Maybe earlier on in my mafia experience. It can become a crutch.

works though on people who are literal bots and never change (maybe)

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Regardless, we're here, it happened, and I made the same observation Imposter did so I don't see anything wrong with it.

If you're town you're defending an increasingly pointless line of discussion so I'd advise you to pivot, because I can't work with this
its because u keep talking about it
i still have to work on ignoring

Do you have any thoughts on me/tweet's interaction, Kekko?
no

Ultra

THE BEAR
You compare people too much to their recent games or what you've seen in the past. Sometimes people genuinely change up how they play or approach things differently. Don't rely on that too much. Should be like a small percentage of your reads. Behavior in current game is the most reliable, who they are voting. Whether they shy away from discussion etc.

Just my opinion. I personally don't do the "He acted like X in this game so he must be X now" approach anymore. Maybe earlier on in my mafia experience. It can become a crutch.

works though on people who are literal bots and never change (maybe)

If this is addressed to me - it's not the only factor I take into account. There are some players who are 100% about meta and that becomes obnoxious. But especially for Day 1 it's a useful tool, and it does produce results.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
okay i am caught up but i will be lurking, i will make appearances every 5-10 pages or so

im already accidentally top 4 even without trying

let me be the inactive this game. its gna be a bit harder to read me but i honestly dont give a fk

i'll force myself to be inside the PoE that way i can finally take shit in my own hands and solve the PoE while being inside of it. solving this shit from outside is miserable

RÆM

Distinguished
If this is addressed to me - it's not the only factor I take into account. There are some players who are 100% about meta and that becomes obnoxious. But especially for Day 1 it's a useful tool, and it does produce results.
to Ekko.

RÆM

Distinguished
okay i am caught up but i will be lurking, i will make appearances every 5-10 pages or so

im already accidentally top 4 even without trying

let me be the inactive this game. its gna be a bit harder to read me but i honestly dont give a fk

i'll force myself to be inside the PoE that way i can finally take shit in my own hands and solve the PoE while being inside of it. solving this shit from outside is miserable
you slipped back into your push and spam meta. 😴

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back