• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
You compare people too much to their recent games or what you've seen in the past. Sometimes people genuinely change up how they play or approach things differently. Don't rely on that too much. Should be like a small percentage of your reads. Behavior in current game is the most reliable, who they are voting. Whether they shy away from discussion etc.

Just my opinion. I personally don't do the "He acted like X in this game so he must be X now" approach anymore. Maybe earlier on in my mafia experience. It can become a crutch.

works though on people who are literal bots and never change (maybe)
this comparison is only for the entrance phase of the game as i have no prior posts for said player to go off this current game. beyond this i'll focus mostly on the game at hand as they start posting more

Ultra

THE BEAR
okay i am caught up but i will be lurking, i will make appearances every 5-10 pages or so

im already accidentally top 4 even without trying

let me be the inactive this game. its gna be a bit harder to read me but i honestly dont give a fk

i'll force myself to be inside the PoE that way i can finally take shit in my own hands and solve the PoE while being inside of it. solving this shit from outside is miserable

I respect the commitment and will happily accept the crown of top poster

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
the thought of posting it in signup thread didnt cross my mind. i wanted it to be my first post in main game thread

all u have to take from it is that u can hold me accountable to it
Btw outside of the flavor talk stuff I'm leaning Ekko scum for this post as well. Idk why you'd justify your actions when the point being made against you is barely worth taking seriously.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Btw outside of the flavor talk stuff I'm leaning Ekko scum for this post as well. Idk why you'd justify your actions when the point being made against you is barely worth taking seriously.

This seems to be a consistent theme among your stated reads and I gotta say I'm not sure what it's grounded in. People will respond when accused of things. In fact an accusation that's frivolous and is not a complete joke usually warrants a stronger response from me personally.

Ultra

THE BEAR
You said I didn't present any alternative. That's not true.

There's inherently more value to a vote/questioning than character/flavour spec but honestly we're going round in circles at this point and this in itself isn't productive. I don't really understand your stuff on the miller. It's not more believable due to anything to do with flavour but just because it has been claimed super early which is what usually happens

Melkor irked me initially because I'd just read the OP and he immediately soft hinted at flavour which is w/e. Followed up with fluff to Magic, the NAI comment re your entry into the thread which is a strange meta read to me unless you're known for stating that you're switching up your play or something. His vote on Flower seemed lazy too but it's early and maybe he was trolling

See above. Ekko was the one who mentioned 'alternative'. He insinuated I shut down flavour spec for the sake of doing nothing else basically. I was just pointing to my earlier vote.

So, I just checked, Melkor never does this. He notes that he knows nothing about flavor and moves on, but it's not a hint of any kind.

The rest of the read is just a series of observations about what he's doing without grounding it in any sort of proposition about what makes it scummy. I can't really say I'm a fan.

Ultra

THE BEAR
I don't town read Melkor whatsoever, but I've also come to terms with the fact that's more or less a permanent fixture of how I view his play, and coloring every one of his ten posts as scummy is a bit of an oversell, I think. Coupled with the fact that Imposter has kind of just parked his vote there I can see this coming from scum.

[Vote lynch Imposter]

Evans

Acclaimed
ultra let me ask u this, why do u assume town!RAEM will intentionally engage in flavor discussion for the rest of the day even when there r other discussion going?

not only that but are u holding this against him somehow? because he tunneled me last game and got himself lynched. he clearly doesnt give a shit day 1

u r free to think as u like, if u say that i am TMI'ing him then it means u arrived at him being town as well. point taken

Please elaborate why RAEM is town so confidently, so early?

Evans

Acclaimed
This is bullshit, and you know it's bullshit, and if you can produce a read from REM by engaging with this topic then it has nothing to do with the subject matter itself, so why are you so intent on tripling down on this?

By your own premise you can argue that letting him go on his merry way would be worse than correcting him, because then he could be easily mislynched.

I think you TMI'd him as town and came up with some woeful justification for chainsaw defending him when it wasn't even necessary.

:bjpenn:

Evans

Acclaimed
In real life or Internet chat, if someone justifies their point by saying "I don't care" it usually means they're really trying to sell it to the crowd when deep down they really do.

But I digress

Oh wait

okay i am caught up but i will be lurking, i will make appearances every 5-10 pages or so

im already accidentally top 4 even without trying

let me be the inactive this game. its gna be a bit harder to read me but i honestly dont give a fk

i'll force myself to be inside the PoE that way i can finally take shit in my own hands and solve the PoE while being inside of it. solving this shit from outside is miserable

Ultra

THE BEAR
In real life or Internet chat, if someone justifies their point by saying "I don't care" it usually means they're really trying to sell it to the crowd when deep down they really do.

But I digress

Oh wait

I do have to say Ekko's constant invocation of "I AM POSTING DIFFERENTLY" is, at best, self defeating. If you're going to play lurker town to try and honeypot scum, announcing it is the last thing you do. At worst he's just covering for not contributing.

However if he's actually committing to it, I would think it a grave mistake to try and punish him for quieting down a bit, so I'm willing to give him a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back