Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
ya again im not sure if i made them feel this way or how i made them feel this way, but they didn't need to run it past me(or ultra). i legitimately just wanted them to post for the most part.
idk why flower became so weak these days. she used to post alot as scum before now she just camps scum chat. she did same in weebs when we were teammates. she is only using 2% of her full power for some reason these days. maybe busy

Magic

Resplendent
i read the mafia chat and that was a play that could be made to get alco lynched and frame him as mafia i guess by having one of u say he had a gun, or say u got raem's role and found out he is guilty

also mafia had steam burst ability. why not use that to make cops/tracker/watcher abstain for a night. gives u more time to find them

i assume it cucks the rolecop too but it was worth by stopping town roles. u knew there had to be atleast tracker and cop given that Evans claimed and that flower is godfather (so cop exists)

because it would have confirmed the tracker/watcher as well which both looked scummy and potential mislynches and evans did get mislynched.

Magic

Resplendent
i think mafia played well in thread but not very optimally with night actions imo

we got rid of the cop, vig, watcher, prevented a heal, bypassed your protection on cp without killing you and without having to roleblock you.

some of what youre suggesting youre failing to see the in thread consequences of. poyser/cp aren't idiots and both were alive for a good part and it wasn't due to avoiding killing high active players, it's because the power roles/investigation roles needed to be dealt with.

on top of that town had a very pro-town SK that shot us 3 times and killed a mislynch target on night 1.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
because it would have confirmed the tracker/watcher as well which both looked scummy and potential mislynches and evans did get mislynched.
did i guys ask gram how this would appear in WU? cuz from the wording it seems to be a global thing. it wud stop mafia and town. the hypothetic roletracker can simply abstain. it will cuck the gunsmith cop and watcher if they dont abstain

that mechanic buys ur team a whole night where u roleblock all invest roles effectively but not consume their shots

if u used it n2, town wud need to abstain n3

personally id use it n1 as i wouldnt even be sure that a serial wont randonly shoot me if i were u

slow down the info coming from the town roles... keep them more lost.. etc...

DoflaMihawk

Paramount
Still undefeated.

roman-reigns-one.gif

Magic

Resplendent
did i guys ask gram how this would appear in WU? cuz from the wording it seems to be a global thing. it wud stop mafia and town. the hypothetic roletracker can simply abstain. it will cuck the gunsmith cop and watcher if they dont abstain

that mechanic buys ur team a whole night where u roleblock all invest roles effectively but not consume their shots

if u used it n2, town wud need to abstain n3

personally id use it n1 as i wouldnt even be sure that a serial wont randonly shoot me if i were u

slow down the info coming from the town roles... keep them more lost.. etc...
i think it only applies to tracking/watching roles.

Magic

Resplendent
To be fair, I kinda did that :lul

I think if you shot someone other than Alco, you would have won.

alco the guy that shot at us 3 times and wanted to shoot ultra again the night i convinced him to shoot psychic and likely would have shoot at ultra again the following night phase if he lived or even day killed ultra given the chance during the day? i dont think that risk was worthwhile.

hime

Exceptional
Pronouns
She/Her
let me break this down as:

^this is what i said in the scum qt at 2:47pm.

which led to:

this at 4:28pm

which has made me realize i was gaslit as i didn't actually tell hime to do any of this. i wasn't clear, but i said "express doubt" and she in with demanding a claim/counter claiming. i just thought it was my idea as hime said it was.

@hime did i tell you to do this before in the chat because you said this was my idea and i just believed you. >:(
hmm well i took the express doubt thing to mean the ask ekko for a claim
if that wasnt what u meant then i really apologize, my bad
i misunderstood

Emil

V.I.P. Member
we got rid of the cop, vig, watcher, prevented a heal, bypassed your protection on cp without killing you and without having to roleblock you.

some of what youre suggesting youre failing to see the in thread consequences of. poyser/cp aren't idiots and both were alive for a good part and it wasn't due to avoiding killing high active players, it's because the power roles/investigation roles needed to be dealt with.

on top of that town had a very pro-town SK that shot us 3 times and killed a mislynch target on night 1.
hmm part of that comes from the good thread play

town is what poisoned the cop
town claiming healer is what allowed cop to die
these werent done by mafia night actions. it was primarily town messing threadplay

town claimed watcher cuz was sused and got killed. town had no protective ability to protect the watcher so it was a free kill. this was probably unfortunate as dalton was sused and easily mislynchable (which is towns threadplay fault). killing him was needed but suboptimal. it wouldnt be needed if the steam burst was used but thats heindsight

the tracker was also lynched mostly by town rushing the votes on him and a great hammer by scum

if the busdriver remained alive and didnt die early mafias potential to mess with night actions increases alot id say

Natalija

Divine Departure
alco the guy that shot at us 3 times and wanted to shoot ultra again the night i convinced him to shoot psychic and likely would have shoot at ultra again the following night phase if he lived or even day killed ultra given the chance during the day? i dont think that risk was worthwhile.
Well the optimal way of playing for SK and mafia coexisting is to kill townies early and not each other. You didn't know it was him, but had you shot someone else, there would have been one less townie, and you could have wasted a whole day on lynching Alco.

But there's rarely ever a game with kills not failing left and right so alas

Magic

Resplendent
hmm well i took the express doubt thing to mean the ask ekko for a claim
if that wasnt what u meant then i really apologize, my bad
i misunderstood
it was not. there is a general ramp up and again it's lack of communication on my part in not detailing exactly what you needed to do but it is still similar to what i said earlier.

you express doubt, they reaffirm, you say that doesn't seem like it would be the case as you have a similar role and you express natural doubt etc. it's a ramp up process as it would ramp up if you were town(well it varies depending on the player you are).

still dont blame you, but i was wondering how what happened happened as i was very involved overall so i didnt understand how i left you hanging so hard but basically i didn't expect the cc to happen there.

Imposter

Illustrious
Also, I hate millers. I hate what their inclusion has become and I don't plan on putting one in any of my games just because it's either a free town read, or the occasional gambit mafia can go for, but rarely do in practice because they can ger counterclaimed. So it becomes much stronger than what it's meant to be
I kinda hate the role too tbh but it feels like a necessary evil. Get the sense if people started leaving them out of games there could be a period where games are decided by scum faking miller or not.

You can easily fix the role tho. Start making variants like saying they can't claim/soft claim it before a certain phase or something. Introduce some doubt to it

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
I kinda hate the role too tbh but it feels like a necessary evil. Get the sense if people started leaving them out of games there could be a period where games are decided by scum faking miller or not.

You can easily fix the role tho. Start making variants like saying they can't claim/soft claim it before a certain phase or something. Introduce some doubt to it

If you have to introduce a claim restriction to a role the role sucks. I'd actually rather deal with players attempting to fake miller and it being an ambiguous thing than just having millers be effectively IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back