• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
Btw on topic of the Miller, my take is that I kinda think Gram hates Millers and wouldn't put them into the game, but also that's host/setup spec which is junk science. The far better argument imo is that CP oughta know that claiming Miller as scum isn't the greatest idea so I'm leaning that he likely wouldn't do it as scum.

I recall playing one game with Grammaton as host, which was GOT on WG. There was a miller role there (Jaime Lannister).

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
Caught up, i think Magic and Ultra are town.

I like Ultra more than Tweet in their exchange so far, but Tweet's activity looks good.

Not decided about Ekko, active but seems to over justify himself.

Not liking Imposter but i need to see @Flower post more.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Btw on topic of the Miller, my take is that I kinda think Gram hates Millers and wouldn't put them into the game, but also that's host/setup spec which is junk science. The far better argument imo is that CP oughta know that claiming Miller as scum isn't the greatest idea so I'm leaning that he likely wouldn't do it as scum.
I think it‘s pointless to speculate about things like that since the host posted in the rules setup spec won‘t help much. CP doesn‘t strike me as the kind of player who would fake Miller anyhow, unless it‘s the fake provided to him. He was very unhappy about having a Cop fake claim in Ultra‘s game as well. So yeah, I think the guy is just Town.
There‘s a certain tell Nat has. I think I spotted that Town tell.
What do you like about my approach? I don't think I did anything
It‘s just gut atm. Though I do like your suggestion Kekko could have already said what he said in the sign ups.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Caught up, i think Magic and Ultra are town.

I like Ultra more than Tweet in their exchange so far, but Tweet's activity looks good.

Not decided about Ekko, active but seems to over justify himself.

Not liking Imposter but i need to see @Flower post more.
Positive points for Melkor tagging me here, at least.
Why do you imply activity is AI for Kekko, though?

Imposter

Illustrious
i dont recall u telling RAEM what u want him to discuss no, correct me if im wrong

where did melkor hint at flavor?

the NAI comment idk. i dont always change playstyle no. but my entrance being that shudnt be indicative of anything. if anything magic asking LM about the entrance is silly but helps gain that reaction from LM atleast. i dont expect a different answer regardless of LM alignment tho tbh

also yes, if u r shutting down flavor spec in that same post i expect u to ask RAEM something else to guide him to move elsehwere, otherwise u just told him to shut up and thats it
This has kinda snowballed all because I pointed out that flavour talk is pointless. Perhaps it was said a bit bluntly but it was more for RAEM's benefit than anything. Fortunately he took it the right way, I don't agree that it is anything like trying to shut down all discussion ITT which isn't really something anyone should want to do. I'm not obliged to give someone else a direction, they should be capable of doing that themselves.

So, I just checked, Melkor never does this. He notes that he knows nothing about flavor and moves on, but it's not a hint of any kind.

The rest of the read is just a series of observations about what he's doing without grounding it in any sort of proposition about what makes it scummy. I can't really say I'm a fan.
No idea about the flavour here.

Hello.
Looking back maybe he was just saying he doesn't know anything about the flavour in this game? It's not much better though and not sure why he felt the need to announce this.

Originally I thought he was hinting that his flavour didn't fit or something but yeah it's a pretty flimsy scum read because I had little to go off but it largely stems from that NAI read on Ekko. I probably would've thought it was fine if he didn't allude to it being meta

I don't town read Melkor whatsoever, but I've also come to terms with the fact that's more or less a permanent fixture of how I view his play, and coloring every one of his ten posts as scummy is a bit of an oversell, I think. Coupled with the fact that Imposter has kind of just parked his vote there I can see this coming from scum.

[Vote lynch Imposter]
I didn't do that. In fact I even offered an alternative view on a couple of those posts when I gave that reasoning.

He usually makes early weird posts like this.
Can you elaborate, perhaps provide an example from memory?

I can also acknowledge he's not scum with Ekko. But he fits a profile which I'm more comfortable identifying as scum which is keeping a low profile and taking safe positions. I don't think for example him correcting REM is scummy but it's the type of contribution that's relatively easy to make, and Melkor is LHF. Hasn't spread out or taken a position on any other players including Ekko.
Why would you say I'm not scum with Ekko if, as you point out, I haven't taken a position on him? Would you really say I've kept a low profile? I've done a poor job of that then

I'm not really someone who provides reads unless prodded for them or I feel especially compelled to but FWIW I'm not convinced by Ekko, you seem very town to me, CP is almost certainly the miller and I actually agree that RAEM comes off well in all of this. I also lean that felt T/T between you and Tweet

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Reads:

Nat: I think I discovered her Town tell again, so lean Town.
Magic: I liked his approach towards Ekko and also him questioning the positive reads on him. Feel like it would be much easier for him to just accept Town reads on him as scum and not questioning them.
Lultra: Probably Town as well, though I‘m still wary of him because of Traitors. But what makes me view him more favorably is him reading me Town. Scum Ultra could just get away with tunneling me and vote on an easy wagon, but instead he threw a Town read at me and moved on. Town Ultra also knows me well and can read me, so yeah. Town lean.
CP: Doubt he’d fake claim Miller, so the guy is Town.

Kekko: No idea why people read him either way. Everything he did so far is NAI for him.
Melkor: Didn‘t get very scummy vibes from this slot so far, but I would like to know why he implied activity is AI for Kekko. Guy was top poster in Weebs as scum and other games as well. That‘s no reason to read or lean him Town tbh.

Imposter

Illustrious
We don't interact much huh Flower. What did you make of Melkor's vote on you early doors?

If you had to vote someone who would it be? Actually why don't you just show me, votes are a good thing

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
We don't interact much huh Flower. What did you make of Melkor's vote on you early doors?

If you had to vote someone who would it be? Actually why don't you just show me, votes are a good thing
What‘s there to interact with, though? Nobody is here.

Vote Lynch Melkor.

Imposter

Illustrious
Nah I know I just meant we haven't interacted and it was more noticeable to me because you didn't offer a read on me and I remember thinking when I was providing reads I should probably have one on you but didn't. Did it just slip your mind or are you just null on me?

Any thoughts on Tweet?

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Nah I know I just meant we haven't interacted and it was more noticeable to me because you didn't offer a read on me and I remember thinking when I was providing reads I should probably have one on you but didn't. Did it just slip your mind or are you just null on me?

Any thoughts on Tweet?
Null on both of you. If I don't mention you, I don't have any thoughts of note on you. I like you asking this, though.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

Lethal

Exceptional
Hey folks, anything I should know before I catchup read? only 6 pages so i'll be somewhat capable here.

Vote: Poyser

Frozen in wolf chat

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Hey folks, anything I should know before I catchup read? only 6 pages so i'll be somewhat capable here.

Frozen in wolf chat

It's 11 pages for me.
RIP.

almost 6 AM tho so gonna catch up when I wake up.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member

Frozen in wolf chat
Just catch up. If you get told what to look at you just get a biased view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back