To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Can someone summarize for me the consensus and whether it was accepted?

I saw that it has been busy but I was too lazy to read the entire debate.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Can someone summarize for me the consensus and whether it was accepted?

I saw that it has been busy but I was too lazy to read the entire debate.
Seems to be accepted with the recent threads testing the waters but boy are some people jelly about it.

Enough to dispute it without having any actual argument as to why or even worse, making false accusations like arguing this is another Getbackers Deception

But until they give a proper argument, might as well role with the series now being Multiversal+ at least

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

No replies yet even with a shoutout I gave at this moment

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
What's there to interpret?

Kingsford >>> GT Aleister >>>>>>> NT Aleister

Churronzon

Don't come back when level 0 Thelemites discover their spark of God and solos Francis Bacon's third preceding founder. Stay on that side.

“But I personally feel that Kamijou-chan and all the other Level 0s need to be
researched, too.” Komoe-sensei alone did not notice that the atmosphere of the room
had changed. “With esper development, a single curriculum should be able to awaken
powers in anyone. Yet there are people in whom powers do not awaken. That must mean
there is still a set of laws there we do not understand and that could be the key that leads
to System.”

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Level 6 Espers >>>>> every character in the series

That, at least, is true.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Don't come back when level 0 Thelemites discover their spark of God and solos Francis Bacon's third preceding founder. Stay on that side.

“But I personally feel that Kamijou-chan and all the other Level 0s need to be
researched, too.” Komoe-sensei alone did not notice that the atmosphere of the room
had changed. “With esper development, a single curriculum should be able to awaken
powers in anyone. Yet there are people in whom powers do not awaken. That must mean
there is still a set of laws there we do not understand and that could be the key that leads
to System.”
能力者の6割を占める「無能力者(レベル0)」が、研究開発の役に立 たないにもかかわらず認められている理由は、虚数学区·五行機関の 存在のために必要とされているという考え方もできる。同様に、学園 都市が目指す「SYSTEM (神ならぬ身にて天上の意思に辿り着くもの)」 の実現において、「無能力者 (レベル0)」 こそがカギとなるという小萌 先生の考えも、あながち間違っていないのかもしれない。

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Accelerator spin-off

:hestonpls

The first arc was okay, if just for Esther and Scavenger saving it but the second half with that Nectar stuff was straight cheeks that their likely not even going to bother with adapting in an anime.

Total waste this continued as long as it did while Dark Matter is a one-shot.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
the true #1 should've gotten a full on anime

not this fraud decelerator

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
J.C. Staffs terrible Index animations have really kept Western fans from checking out the novels to learn for themselves the main series is in fact the best the franchise has to offer

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The ITEM manga / light novel spin-off is an absolute banger.

Spin-offs work when they’re centered on characters we know so little about from the start. A spin-off of Accelerator, arguably the second most important character in the main series and where he gets all his development from, was destined to fail from the start for that and other issues

Kamachi needs to do some more Magic spin-offs though

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Anyone else think Kamachi watched Dragon Ball Super, saw Zeno, and thought neat and made a whole character based around that same idea with Alice?

"You don't actually believe Alice must be safe because she's an innocent child, do you?"

"Eh? But she doesn't seem to be hiding anything."

"That's not the point." The demon woman shrugged. "I'm asking if you believe there is no danger in a young heart too innocent to even hold any interests or beliefs. To be blunt, I think children are a violent and cruel lot. They flood anthills and laugh about it. So what happens if you give one of those tyrant tots enough power to destroy the universe?"

Both child-like and innocent which makes them dangerously unpredictable and that same innocence makes them freely use their powers because neither can understand the ramifications for doing so. And both being so unstoppably powerful in their setting that the only thing that can be done is keeping them in a good mood.

And both befriend the main character (Goku / Touma) because they’re the only person to not fear their power and treat them normally. And both friendships lead to them becoming even harder to control for everyone involved.

Alice is definitely more of a tragic character though. And way less annoying

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Anyone know the name of the universal dragon othinus fought?
Multiversal now with the current standings and it’s officially just called Dragon Strike. It’s the power that emerges in various forms when Touma loses his arm.

Othinus was able to crush the version of it during early New Testament

Back