• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

Ratchet

a concept that yall ws folks need to learn and i see is been very lacked in thread is to solve beyond the flip
It's comments like this that just make me think you're posturing, too. Several players on WS have played for close to a decade now. You've played consistently for about 3 or maybe now 4 years. Do you really believe solving past the immediate lynch is a concept that these players need to learn?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Hm, no, I think RDK is likely Town and that has been your main push, I think Ultra is Scum and you think he's Town. Accuracy aside, you went hard in defending Aurelian and like I noted in my case on Ultra, I did not like how you progressed to "he must be like the 2nd Town!" after seeing his claim, and your initial conclusion that he was claiming Indie was weird. Aurelian being weirdly open with you and claiming when you asked him to also doesn't make much sense - if he was stuck in his claim he could have just maintained his position and took his lynch. So I could see that very easily being distancing between the two of you, in that, it would be unexpected for a scum buddy to play to his partner so flagrantly.

I think I'm beginning to smell the blood in the water here. You know I'm Town, so if you are, your concern shouldn't really be where I'm leaning, but in seeing where we can compromise. Instead you've tried to puff your chest up, brag about how much more in-depth your scum hunting is compared to mine, and then challenge my position after retracting a town read. All things that aren't really important in the overall grand scheme of things.
the way you described ekko

is just making me envision this

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Cute but I don't want another no lynch

Would happily see Ultra flip in the next 10 minutes and not be sad about it

I have genuine concern about this current group being able to reach consensus regardless of time
we will reach a lynch u dont have to worry about it. it just looks like u arent happy with continuing discussion and solving beyond ultra

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
we will reach a lynch u dont have to worry about it. it just looks like u arent happy with continuing discussion and solving beyond ultra
I'm antsy for an ultra flip too because depending on what it is I may need to recalibrate hard

also feels like we're going in circles a lot rn

Ratchet

ofcourse it is the objective. and im telling u im working on it in an even faster pace than u r
And? At the end of the day, if you're town we win and lose together. I don't think of you as competition, I don't need to pit my speedrun times or whatever against yours.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
If you say he made enemies with the mafia though, that would imply that his suspicions were at least partially correct, right? Because if they weren't, he and the mafia wouldn't exactly be on bad terms.
yes ofcourse!

I'm asking why you would think this
because i scum read soulkiller and i think its possible his team rolecopped posyer n1

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Day 3 Vote Count 2

Ultra 6 - CP, Rugrat, RDK, Evans, Alco, Phenom
Tweet 1 - BLD

With 20 alive, 11 votes to lynch. You have about 22 hours.

*Last VC for tonight, next one in 8 hrs or so.
(I'll try to keep track of this for you if you want)

Ultra

THE BEAR
Dalton ISO:

Dalton's D1 play when looking at his posts can be broken down pretty cleanly into two phases. The first phase being his "policy vote" on T-Pein, and his accusation of Retro:

Thanks.

Don't like your vote though. Feels bandwagonny.

on page 18 and seen numerous people distancing from yoshi with 'yoshi sus but newbie so meh' posts.

Alco the latest.

Feels like busywork, doubt multiple maf are doing it but worth noting nonetheless

you forgot my tpein vote

please can we all vote tpein

tx

It could also easily be scum distancing from someone they'd know would flip as town.

Therefore I am now more interested in the people who've started pushing this point now than Fang himself. Reeks of people talking in a scum chat about a strategy but not being subtle enough about implementing it.

Forgot who it was other than Ekko tho :slip:

Why did you feel the need to post it in the thread then?

How about

I think not sifting through your posts will help town solve better.

Because your posts suck

:mjgrin

As much as I would legit get behind a TPein vote, it isn't based on his play at all.

Find it weird you latched onto what was clearly a policy vote lol.

Also remembered you were one defending aurelion being defensive.

Worrying...

Im sorry pls no

You are allowed to do that.

I'm allowed to say that it looks like unnecessary busywork on your part.

My point is:

I said vote TPein [Policy vote but you didn't seem to realise]

You then jumped in to push your reason for sussing TPein. Perhaps you wanted to move things towards a different direction (away from aurelion, perhaps?) without being the one to actually initiate it (that would be me)

The fact that you seemingly did not pick up that I had no reason for voting TPein is a worry in this scenario - you weren't actually trying to interact with or read what I felt about TPein, but rather wanted to just be a part of things while having created your own justification for doing so.

tbh im unlikely to go back and read your old game as im on holiday atm and cba, but im sure others here have played with you and could corroborate your statements.

FWIW I particularly don't like that I picked up to big red flags on you in relatively short order (the busywork stuff and the TPein stuff) so you're unlikely to leave my shitlist anytime soon.

I could believe that you thought it was two different people (Hell I forgot that you'd asked me why TPein to start). Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that you were a bit to keen to jump onto TPein and it looks like you were trying to deflect off Aurelian (which is partcularly notable given the other point against you - that you were part of the crew that randomly defended aurelian).

Still fence-sitty. Pointing out a pro and a con. Not a fan mr chocobo

While he does interact with Poyser here and there, he mostly tunnels Retro for the crime of...joining a wagon that he asked votes be placed on.

Now, while I won't preclude townies calling out bandwagoners on a wagon they started, this feels ingenuine for. T-Peins wagon had not accumulated any other votes, and Dalton wants people to hop on, but explicitly not for a reason?

He also vaguely alludes at taking issue with player's reactions to Fang. This is without

A) Establishing a reason to suspect Fang on his own
B) Not even establishing who those players in question are.

The fixation on one player slot, Retro, is based on an entirely fabricated premise, and one that seems like he's just finding an unconfident townie to tug around.

Now onto his reaction to Fang's claim:

initial thoughts on Aurelian's claim:

Gramma loves a contrived Indie so I think Aurelian probably is that indie.

However, he also seems too pro-town for such a type of Odo-indie role so I think he's hiding stuff from us.

Either way this is something we can handle later, we're not lynching an indie d1

who wants to return to retro huh

Never played with them so can't really rate them personally...

But the combination of scumtells I've picked up on makes them my biggest sus.

Based on that I lean towards fake fluff

Do you think his role looks fabricated?
Do you think scum outs themself as an indie?

I don't trust him cos I think he's not telling us the full truth, but the two things you've mentioned are the opposite viewpoint of mine so I find this interesting.

Very similar yeah.

The fact that he did it having not played that game is a pro in his column too.

Something's not 100% with him but I don't think he's a sensible lynch today.

I do not think everything he said is the truth. I've said that I think he's not giving us the full picture several times...

He probably has some extra win condition stuff that he's not sharing for whatever reason. Could be for a variety of reasons.

Either way I'd rather hunt scum than take the third party lynch (which we wouldn't learn much from).

The claiming thing looked weird until I realised as a third party you don't want to claim if youcan help it since some people are gonna try lynch you based on that

really don't think aurelian is the one we focus on today, we've got more than enough on him to deal with him in the days to come and I believe that he's third party so not a primary target regardless

I'd like us to decide on people to press.

I have put forward Retro as an option, i've pointed out several different reasons i'm not a fan which you can read back on if you iso me

i'm not a fan of killing indies N1 and I think we're not gonna learn too much from it in terms of analysing wagons etc.

Not really, I'd have to have a think about it but busy atm. I've admittedly tunnelled my focus on Retro a bit to this point.

Correct. Odo loves a complex third party role.

Because there are several reasons to lie about his wincon, and they're not all necessarily anti-town.

I'm not against voting him down the line but for now I think we want a lynch that gives the most info possible and his flip doesn't really do that.

I imagine there's something to the whole rune situation that powers him up - would be kinda similar to my role in Norse and Odo loooved that role.

Not sure if that'd make sense in the lore tho

I think I'll mostly let these quotes speaks for himself, there's an obvious motive between all of them, and not one that wavers that much.

For all the shit I've been given over Fang, ironically, Dalton seems to borrow my own reasoning for not-thinking-he's-mafia-but-still-worth-lynching at multiple points (something I had only noticed on reread), while using that justification to strictly not lynch him.

When the discussion of shifting off him comes up:

if we're not gonna lynch retro can we all just agree for our own sanity to lynch tpein?

you guys will like it i promise

ultra, evans, i think you're t/t so pls lets focus on something better

like lynching tpein

Dalton can't help but undermine his own credibility by suggesting in a cutesy fashion a policy lynch. Strangely, I don't think T-Pein has taken all that much issue with him this game for it.

To me, this alone warrants suspicion. There's also his Day 2, but I'd say what's incriminating here is more of an absence of typical expected townplay than anything he says explicitly:

That's a good point about the weapon giving. We can test whether he gives out weapons or not (negate the bomb theory) and see if they're poisoned etc. Of course, could still be a scum giftgiver but then he's giving us gifts anyway so we're hurting scum.

Hurts me to agree with T-Pein but this is something I noted as ewll.

WS guys tending to defend/agree with WS guys, same for WG guys.

Some of it is down to knowing players' meta etc but I think we need to EXPLORE a bit more than making safe comfort reads.

Finally, Could someone summarise, as simply as possible, the actual case against Lethal? I've seen a lot of back and forth about who thinks hes scummy and who doesn't, who's protecting him and who isn't, etc. But I'm not sure what his scumminess is actually meant to entail.
Is it just the 'woe is me' stuff? Cos that strikes me as Lethal of either alignment so doesn't sell me on the lynch.

[on page 67 of 72 so NEARLY caught up :garrett:]

I still think the anger isn't alignment indicative when it comes to Lethal.

But you reminded me about the lying part and I don't think its the worst idea to lynch Lethal as his flip will give us heaps of stuff to talk about tomorrow.

Tbf, while you're right that lots of WS guys seem to be omgusing you, its also accurate that that means you have been sussing a lot of WS guys lmao.

Lethal has entered full scattergun mode with his posts about OLU.

Honestly feels like town Lethal though lmao

Hedges very much on Lethal throughout the day, refuses commitment, cites how he could still be an "info" lynch. Anyone who's seen this type of thing knows how loudly it speaks for itself.

This isn't accurate. I asked for an explanation about the case on him on D1 as I had mostly skimmed past Aurelian's posts tbh because they were annoying garbage. like refusing to claim and thinking he was hot shit when he wasnt. (I do the same with TPein and, to a lesser extent, ekko.) Iirc I was interested in one or two of the points made about him, less so about others. Was at a point where I would have voted had we needed the numbers, but preferred other angles (eg Retro). My willingness to lynch Fang faded away when he claimed Indie and a role I could feasibly see being Gramma-esque

I've always believed that lynching indie at this point is stupid; i'm all for a vig offing him but we want to maximise the info we get from people jumping onto/away from the wagon. lynching an indy doesn't give nearly enough info compared to scumhunting.

When questioned by X feels compelled to give retroactive reasoning for his stance on Fang and instead of admitting being wrong he comes up with a gauntlet of excuses about how he didn't actually misread him - he has just mostly skimmed! And he would have totally lynched him but Retro!

Retro Retro Retro. Over fixation on a single slot, lack of threadwide solving, he comes across as playing a completely different game from most players in the thread, and that's because he is.

[Vote lynch Dalton]

Get a claim out of this guy, today.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
because i scum read soulkiller and i think its possible his team rolecopped posyer n1
it obviously wasn't fake because the character is sus and the "defile" part was literally mod confirmed lol

I still think we'd have been better served to keep him around. would of course suck if he had defiled a townie but think he increases the chance of a town win overall

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Also @Ekkologix

Are you reading me as scum or town now?

you called me scum at start of day then said me and Ratchet is T/T.

You’re a bit all over the place
my reads on u progress with what u post

early day 1 i thought u were towny
day 2 ur hedging posts about lethal were bad i didnt like them
now i think there were genuine attempts from u at discerning ratchet's motives in regarding ultra/lethal

im happy with leaning town on u now

can u ask RDK why he still scum read u and interact with him?

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
yes ofcourse!

Yes of course? So you think Poyser was on point with his scum reads?

It's cool and all that it's POSSIBLE that the scum team rolecopped Poyser but idk why you'd think they did when he claimed indy on d1 and said he'd claim more of his role come d2. They'd get free info straight from the horses mouth anyway so why rolecop him of all people? I also don't know how Soulkiller ties into all of this, please enlighten me.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
btw I still think my character (Ranni) could be someone's target. She is hiding in the game and there are a number of characters who could be scum who might want her gone, from what I recall of the lore when I played. hopefully I get watched or someone has some other type of protection. I can't JK myself!

Ratchet

First you think that you're a good target for scum to night kill and now you think you're a good mislynch for town? Thought you were confirmed townie? You have one vote one you.
Do you really need to keep jumping on posts like this? He *obviously* isn't being fully serious, his post was a joke to demonstrate his lack of faith in how the thread can spin out of control. You said you move off of these tunnels, and yet you keep trying to post these sort of "gotcha" moments that mean nothing.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
First you think that you're a good target for scum to night kill and now you think you're a good mislynch for town? Thought you were confirmed townie? You have one vote one you.
I'll tell ya, I like your convictions

I'm reading you and Craig as town v town, but those contradictions you pointed out are something I kinda understand where you are going

How do you think these claims tie into his role claim?

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Yes of course? So you think Poyser was on point with his scum reads?

It's cool and all that it's POSSIBLE that the scum team rolecopped Poyser but idk why you'd think they did when he claimed indy on d1 and said he'd claim more of his role come d2. They'd get free info straight from the horses mouth anyway so why rolecop him of all people? I also don't know how Soulkiller ties into all of this, please enlighten me.
it's a silly idea, they'd be looking for the cop and other town power roles not wasting a rolecop on a claimed indie. another weird idea from ekko he's generating content off of that doesn't really help us

Back