Game Elden Ring Mafia

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Quick side note toward the convo with Ekko and Poyser - I think one of the biggest thing that threw off reads is the lack of familiarity
In and out group bias is an actual thing that played a role in the events that played out, it'll be interesting to see how everyone performs with each other in another game imo

So people gobbling up Lethal having a scum tell when it wasn't alignment indicative in reality was going to put a few holes in reads >_>

The X

Marvelous
Your CP tunnel was always silly.
Specially since he literally stopped all kills...
Lethal one was fine tho.
I blame the stopping all kills on the kind of shit I've been playing in. You know exactly how those SRM games get and my instant reaction was 'we don't know for sure how kills were stopped'. But yes, it was bad.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
yeah i think being in SRMs threw me in for a loop

really not easy recalibration reads and going back and forth to completely different sites, i think some of us bit off more than we could chew lmao

i know i did

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
You asked 500 questions, refuse to see the answer, then ask it another 300 times. Insufferable. 2000 posts that flood the thread and allow scum to blend in. Flat out arrogance to dismiss a reads list built by someone (fwiw I had phenom & Evans correct). You were so preoccupied with buddying up to dragon that you clouded your own game. You literally played scum with me a month ago.
well dragon was town so im happy I buddied with him. dalton was the one I was wrong on.

do u not think u alienated urself from us instead of work with us?

u were the only townie that got mislynched in the late game.

I'm gna work on reducing that spam (I always say I will lol). but it wasn't why we lost. our inability to identify u as town was the turning point this game. part of it is cuz I had dalton misplaced in the core, another part is u refused to work with us, or we just arent compatible to work together. and a major part is not knowing how gramma process's his actions, otherwise u wud be insta cleared and save us all this hassle

Emil

V.I.P. Member
You’ve played plenty of WS games with jailkeeper so keep bullshitting.

And you’ve seen my town game plenty on WS too. Lol.
yes to the first one. i have considered it

no to the second. or I don't remember where. or I was scum when u were town so didn't have to work with u from town PoV

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
i dont think we did bad lol

we got 2 mafia lynches 2 indie lynches and 1 mislynch after u guys died

and I shot a mafia at night but they lived

not bad at all tbh

lots of unfortunate things happened lol

True.
Too many indie killers imho.
One too many

Emil

V.I.P. Member
Apparently we just suck cuz we scum read him for playing scummy.

They where tooting his horn saying he played townie AF in the dead chat.
That he was obvious town.

:zilla1:
dead chat / spectator / mod PoV is very biased because they have tmi lol

try rereading the game now after everyone flipped. u will notice how easy it is to identify everyone's alignment cuz u already know it

True.
Too many indie killers imho.
One too many
it wuda been fine if there has been at least 1 cross killing lol

mafia didn't kill indies and indies didn't kill mafia. the night kills were all on town lol

and just so happen the one time I shoot a mafia he has bulletproof

I think if poyser was the unclaimed indie alive late game he wud make potato fries out of mafia lol, because he wud know how to confidently solve the game from the PoV of a player in PoE

Dalton

Distinguished
i didnt want to hamemr evans. i never did hammer him lol

BLD brought a good point at the end and i caught up on it that we need to insta hammer phenom as day starts

we need arp to stop rushing these hammers lmfao
cap. You would have hammered him.

Also BLD only brought up the point after the lynch lmao.
What should have clued you in is he jumped to the conclusion you were vig instead of SK. Only mafia could do that with confidence.

Also that I'm never wrong zehahaha
not really, since the other two kills made the most sense as scum/SK kills.

I literally asked in thread if Ekko killing Tweet would be scummy cos i'd been inactive the previous day, was told no, hence my 'read' on ekko devleoped from there.

Dalton

Distinguished
Thanks for game Odo, great setup as always

kinda gutted I died D2, said in dead chat it was a miscalculation to out myself when I did. I was trying to hedge that it would make scum hesitant to shoot me, but didn’t really take the guy that could stop me from hating everything into account. My bad! Shame as in dead chat on D3 I had a solve of Evans/Rugrat/PHEN0M/Dalton which was pretty close! This was after I was told BPD was town tho so not sure how side tracked I would have been by him. Alco did the lords work clearing him

also everyone needs to stop being condescending to lethal. He didn’t play badly at all, y’all just sucked. If you read somebody incorrectly then it’s your fault, not theirs. Everybody familiar with him told you he was town (literally) and his claim where he posited a benefit for hammering/killing him made no sense whatsoever to claim as scum lol. That along with the tunnel on CP were just truly bizarre. Couldn’t get my head around it at all

Well played mafia! Deserved victory. Really great distancing between Doddsy and Dalton won the game pretty much.

No jeffing clue how phenom wasn’t lynched after his claim lmao. Some of these phases were truly painful to read. Happy I wasn’t town!
i felt bad lol, he was just an easy mislynch. Particularly given ekko was so bizarrely sold on this "town must clear themselves" schtick.

In other words, If Ekko mislynches someone, its not his fault because they didn't make themselves look town enough.

lol
Strongly disagree with the "tracker and watcher can't both be town" spec btw. That was a standard town role combo for a very long time. Anything can work, just needs to be properly compensated by the rest of the setup.

I was a bit sus of Dalton early because of his play around the Aurelian wagon and reading Ultra's points on him but his later posts while I was alive felt more town. Tiara claiming a "simple watcher" did throw me a bit lol!
i dont recall the last time one of tracker/watcher wasnt scum tbh

but i like the idea of having them both as town to fuck with rolespec.

Dalton

Distinguished
So.

One thing I really want to discuss here is the use of "Y and X have done fake excuses before."

Because I really, really feel for Lethal here. I know it's part of the game but it's an angle I've never liked, which you all saw with what also occurred in the Aurelian lynch.

And I understand it's entirely up to the player to read/believe the sincerity behind statements like these, but frustration at the game and others is real.

I'm just not sure how to limit that frustration when players are being pressed
you have to use it as an angle though.

otherwise everyone gets a free pass for getting 'emotional' etc.

I do feel for Lethal this game as he clearly got overwhelmed by the suss but it also can't be ignored completely if someone is flustered.

Poyser

Like I said in dead chat, I dunno how you can talk shit about misreading Lethal when most of town misread me. It naturally gets confusing when someone's meta tells coincide with general common scum tells
People get mislynched all the time mate, difference being you weren’t cleared by a hider and then had the godfather flip and still be lynched

Evans

Acclaimed
well dragon was town so im happy I buddied with him. dalton was the one I was wrong on.

do u not think u alienated urself from us instead of work with us?

u were the only townie that got mislynched in the late game.

I'm gna work on reducing that spam (I always say I will lol). but it wasn't why we lost. our inability to identify u as town was the turning point this game. part of it is cuz I had dalton misplaced in the core, another part is u refused to work with us, or we just arent compatible to work together. and a major part is not knowing how gramma process's his actions, otherwise u wud be insta cleared and save us all this hassle

You were ready to lynch him tho

Back