• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

SoulKiller

The Alpha and The Omega
i can see soul's point now that maybe poyser intended to fake claim indie first to pull fang but then poyser wasnt rly pressured to claim flavor in day 2, and im sure if he is given an indie fake claim he wud have something better?

i dont see something as the dung eater being a fake claim but who knows?

we can solve poyser day 4
we already established that his claim is not fake claim since fang body has been defiled. He is who he claims lol.

SoulKiller

The Alpha and The Omega
soo much stuff going on and honestly I can't keep up with the thread anymore. Can anyone summarize Lethal case for me please? what are the vote tally looking like?

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
yeah i despise meta reads. i made a meta read, defined it, and not really followed it. why? because im aware meta can be changed, however should not be denied.

you are trying to make it seem scummy. its not. i havent been pushing anyone for meta reads this game. of all the things u can scum read me for this one is unforgivable
Good thing then that my biggest argument against you is still your forced looking take on RDK

The X

Marvelous
Didn’t love it is highly ambiguous wording, can you elaborate on why.
Sure! I think Doddsy's entrance into the game was kind of weak and focused on Lethal. Not only was it focused around Lethal, but it kind of came off a bit awkward and slightly forced. Had a lot of flavor talk. Didn't really make scum reads or try to scum hunt.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Your constant shifting of goalposts when it comes to Poyser left a bad taste in my mouth and I wanted to wagon you and see what happens
rdk voting u rn. has ur read of him changed? are u not townie? how is he not seeing it?

The X

Marvelous
soo much stuff going on and honestly I can't keep up with the thread anymore. Can anyone summarize Lethal case for me please? what are the vote tally looking like?
Me and Ultra both made cases on it. Ultra's case should be easy enough if you just iso his posts. I can post mine for you.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
I distinctly recall Ekko saying he knows the role (I interpreted it as a role WS uses) and I think maybe RDK expressed similar sentiments. Maybe one more too.
ur talking about fang's claim? i havent seen that on WS no. ive seen that in a weebs game iirc, and it was there in the arcane game i hosted, and in one of kue's games in NF

what ive seen in WS is a role similar to cp's claim that stops kills, but usually the use dies in return

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
here's Ultra's case on Lethal:
Just wanted to quickly share my thoughts/findings before I catch up.

First, on Fang:

So it looks like Fang claimed indie out of sheer necessity. That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of I had assumed there's no reason for mafia to do so, but if he has no (free) fake claims available, he either faces the risk of getting counterclaimed in a sea of townies vs claiming an indie which probably exists but won't step up to risk correcting him.

Or at least that *would* be the risk calculus, if it weren't for the presence of Generic Townies. My best guess is that he wasn't aware those actually existed before he bluffed a power role early on, and then he ended up putting himself into a corner.

In short I think I misread him because of a misplaced assumption, and because I gave him too much credit. Interesting stuff.

---

Next, Lethal.

So I was ISO'ing Lethal in the night and I think he strikes me as a really likely partner candidate for Fang

Here are quotes from his ISO either mentioning Fang, or context surrounding him. It's a bit scarce, but:

Notice that these two mentions aren't real reads or leans, they're just observations without implicating him. Instead of explaining why he suspects Fang, he just explains why he suspects Ekko by association. If youlook at the rest of his posts he does due diligence for why he suspects players like Ekko/Tweet/Me but there's 0 depth here. And that's suspicious because a partner of Fang is less likely to have genuine progression, and more likely to feel the obligation to read him as scum but treat it as an afterthought and place the focus on players they can develop as suspects.

Now on to the juicier stuff:

A similar pattern emerges here, where Fang gets maybe barely implicated, but Lethal does not miss the opportunity to tie it to another player. Tied with a bow by a complete nonsense conclusion about a Fang/Yoshi/Ultra scum team.

Now the reason why this is a major red flag is because *Fang has already claimed Ind and Lethal is well aware of this*. So I think this is a big TMI slip. There's no reason for Lethal to be thinking in the dimensions of partnerships with Fang not only claiming, but by his own admission, he believed him!:

Finally, votes are a good indication of where his skin-in-the-game lies, and his pattern at EoD was to Vote Ekko, then hop on the Tweet wagon when it appeared, and then only lynched Fang at the last possible second:

^ Cherry on top is that if you look at the vote counter, he's not even the one who hammered.

Others have brought up how his behavior is suspicious in general, lots of activity excuses “I’m catching up (despite coming across as well informed)”, etc. But I think this in particular is pretty damining

[Vote lynch Lethal]

I also think his flip will offer some indirect info about Tweet which is good.

Arp Bladstrum

Illustrious
This is literally what I said about Poyser's claim early and why I don't believe he's pro-town. But agree his slot can wait to be dealt with. Or wolves just help us all out there.
Forgive my impertinence I realise you were speaking to Sir Ekko. but I agree with the sentiment that The Dung Eater may have his own objectives but isnt the pressing concern. I will properly assess your concerns raised today as I should have done sooner all challengers here deserve no less.

The X

Marvelous
Lethal

Evans gonna tunnel hey
Lethal has six fluff posts and two posts talking about his own scum meta. This post then is made and it stands out to me because the game had barely started and Evans certainly wasn't tunneling. I think Lethal had some slight nervousness about Evans talking about him.

Kind of interesting as well, out of Lethal's first ten posts, four of them are interacting with Poyser. It might seem like Lethal is looking for some safe footing into the game while interacting with someone they might feel safe with.

HOW DARE YOU!?

Fear? Reckless mistakes and spinning bullshit that gets exposed, sure, but fear?

Sure

Generous, he did say soft, and Poyser can read me like a book.

Well yeah, that's partially right. I'd see who my team is, then play from there.

Although tbf this game started at like 8pm my time which is perfect cos I wasn't waking up to heaps of posts. Always better to be playing live than catch up

Yeah I came over when he put the tag out

I think he's driving discussion but it's sorta going around in circles? Like, he's trying to appear active but not actually believing what he's saying. What I mean is - he's dipping his toes in the water to see if it gets a bite, and he's being very careful to walk it back to still look good.

On the plus side for him, he didn't get weird over Haza's vote.

After this point eight of his next fifteen posts are getting into an argument with Evans. Funny that he tells Evans at the start that his game has changed. During this exchange, it's very clear that Lethal is scum reading Evans.

You can click through Lethal and Evans argument
No I'm criticising that it's going around in circles

Evans has disappeared from the thread.

Frozen in wolf chat?

Another interesting post I just want to put her as I'll be making reference to it later.

Oh sweet we can make threadmarks. That's much better than mindless multiquotes

Now at this point, it has to be noted, that Lethal is gone from the game for almost twenty four hours and returns 1300 posts later. People are 100 allowed to be away from the game for whatever reason, just has to be said that is a lot of time missed for Lethal in the game.

Wow, so much content since I was last on.

I had a skim on the train to and from the cricket today, obvs gonna do a better rehash with direct points etc later, but I did note that the Aurelian vs Ratchet thing was kinda uncomfortable to see (they have legit heat??) and very distracting.

Aurelian has claimed an indy-ish role, and this alone prevents me from thinking Ekko is scum protecting a team mate. I've not really liked what I've seen from him.

I will give soft lean of town for CP who is actually playing this time, although I say this with 2% confidence cos I always struggle to read him with confidence.

Gonna finish my re-read whilst comfy at the PC and get some more reads/leans out.
This is Lethal's entrance back into the game. While I applaud the effort, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Not sure why if you have limited time, the first thing you comment is on Fang vs Ratchet. Considering Fang's flip, it makes sense for Lethal to position himself in safe way in regards to the entire Fang situation. Not sure how Fang vs Ratchet turns into a comment about Ekko protecting a mate, though. Don't see the thought process.

Not sure where the CP town lean comes either. This is an especially tough read because I scum read CP and Lethal admits that they have no idea how to really read CP.

One that did catch my eye but I can't remember exactly where - Tweet I think it was picked up that Ekko is approaching this game in a very similar manner to how he was for Xmas mafia. In fact Ekko has given me a subtle town lean for not "shit talking" in this game, but he used this as a premise to town lean me at Xmas for also not "shit talking." It's a huge parallel to his usual near-tunnel of my gameplay and scum leaning. At least Pein is consistent with his Lethal tunneling.
This is where I think Lethal tries to start some suss on Ekko for a place to put a vote later on (Lethal votes for Ekko in this phase). Don't love that Lethal is using a past game to go after Ekko either.

At this point in the game, Lethal engages with Evans once again and restarts the tunnel. Lethal was the one the reignited this. It's also funny because Lethal called Evans 'frozen in the wolf chat' because he was away from the game, but then when someone says Lethal dipped, he did not like that.

Again, dipped. Called sleep and cricket. Like you've never dipped before?

Poyser's town lean was soft as fuck and I treated it as so. I challenged him saying I'm a coward as scum, I've become braver in that sense of the word through having played a lot more scum games the past months.

Somehow Lethal's round two tunnel of Evans ends with an Ultra vote?

Vote: Ultra

Trying to be too aggressive here
At this point, Lethal engages in an aggressive threesome with Evans and Ultra, some who will write legends on the dick holding that went on.

Interesting to note, posts 1668, 1673, and 1677 are all about Poyser.

What card? I've been chipping away at a read back, yet it's already being mocked and shat on by 3 users
I hate to say this, but I've seen this exact reaction from Lethal as caught scum fairly recently.

A lot more tunneling with Evans in this section. I would say a lot of emotional reactions from Lethal as well that might be put on a bit.

This is an interesting post here. If you remember that post I quoted earlier saying it'd be important earlier? Well, Lethal was excited for threadmarks and that it would make the game easier. But here, Lethal acts like he's got no idea how to work threadmarks and shows frustration. I think this goes to show that this emotional act Lethal is putting on is fake.
Well I don't know how to do that either. Seems it's all Odo's posts that are marked atm. Will be most useful for catchups in future

Post 1753 is pretty difficult. Lethal jumps to Yoshi as being suss (low-hanging fruit) and then also, somehow, at the end of everything, suggests a team of Yoshi, Fang, and Ultra.

Leans:

Town - Ratchet, CP, Dalton, Alco, Haza

Fence - Evans (I need to unselfishly view this slot in fairness)

Scum - Ultra, Yoshi, Ekko, Retro, Tweet

Blocked - Pein

Everyone else is null atm

Would've had Poyser on town until his claim and Aurelian on scum until his claim.

Ultra/Yoshi I'm sensing a team dynamic, Ekko is gut feel based on Xmas mafia, Retro a hunch and Tweet cos he's not engaging Poyser.

Town leans are a mix of soft to strong, Haza being the strongest (if not a straight out read). CP seems more involved and actually hunting. Dalton gut feel. Alco gut feel. Ratchet doesn't seem any different to how I remember him on WG.
Here are reads from Lethal. I'll say I am town reading all of Lethal's scum reads. I'll point out the Ratchet read is one I don't like because they didn't play a lot of games together and Lethal shouldn't just be able to give Ratchet a town read based off of experience on WS.

Unvote

Vote: Ekko
Here's the Ekko vote, for the record.

Ok. I'll be keeping him in my sights for tomorrow though.

Unvote

Vote: Tweet
Interesting vote after Poyser and Craig start this wagon. Moves some votes off of Fang's wagon.

I mean if this isn't vintage fence sitting Tweet then I don't know

Right, @Poyser ?
Barf.

Why is reading skill suddenly pertinent to the conversation? Both Aurelian and CP using it as a deflective tactic?
Found this post intereting. Why call out CP for a deflective tactic? Deflecting is usually what scum does. Lethal is town reading CP. Weird for Lethal to call out a town read for a deflective tactic.

Unvote

Vote: Aurelian
Got to catch the last seat on the bus.

@SoulKiller

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Lethal

Lethal has six fluff posts and two posts talking about his own scum meta. This post then is made and it stands out to me because the game had barely started and Evans certainly wasn't tunneling. I think Lethal had some slight nervousness about Evans talking about him.

Kind of interesting as well, out of Lethal's first ten posts, four of them are interacting with Poyser. It might seem like Lethal is looking for some safe footing into the game while interacting with someone they might feel safe with.

After this point eight of his next fifteen posts are getting into an argument with Evans. Funny that he tells Evans at the start that his game has changed. During this exchange, it's very clear that Lethal is scum reading Evans.

You can click through Lethal and Evans argument

Another interesting post I just want to put her as I'll be making reference to it later.

Now at this point, it has to be noted, that Lethal is gone from the game for almost twenty four hours and returns 1300 posts later. People are 100 allowed to be away from the game for whatever reason, just has to be said that is a lot of time missed for Lethal in the game.

This is Lethal's entrance back into the game. While I applaud the effort, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Not sure why if you have limited time, the first thing you comment is on Fang vs Ratchet. Considering Fang's flip, it makes sense for Lethal to position himself in safe way in regards to the entire Fang situation. Not sure how Fang vs Ratchet turns into a comment about Ekko protecting a mate, though. Don't see the thought process.

Not sure where the CP town lean comes either. This is an especially tough read because I scum read CP and Lethal admits that they have no idea how to really read CP.

This is where I think Lethal tries to start some suss on Ekko for a place to put a vote later on (Lethal votes for Ekko in this phase). Don't love that Lethal is using a past game to go after Ekko either.

At this point in the game, Lethal engages with Evans once again and restarts the tunnel. Lethal was the one the reignited this. It's also funny because Lethal called Evans 'frozen in the wolf chat' because he was away from the game, but then when someone says Lethal dipped, he did not like that.

Somehow Lethal's round two tunnel of Evans ends with an Ultra vote?

At this point, Lethal engages in an aggressive threesome with Evans and Ultra, some who will write legends on the dick holding that went on.

Interesting to note, posts 1668, 1673, and 1677 are all about Poyser.

I hate to say this, but I've seen this exact reaction from Lethal as caught scum fairly recently.

A lot more tunneling with Evans in this section. I would say a lot of emotional reactions from Lethal as well that might be put on a bit.

This is an interesting post here. If you remember that post I quoted earlier saying it'd be important earlier? Well, Lethal was excited for threadmarks and that it would make the game easier. But here, Lethal acts like he's got no idea how to work threadmarks and shows frustration. I think this goes to show that this emotional act Lethal is putting on is fake.

Post 1753 is pretty difficult. Lethal jumps to Yoshi as being suss (low-hanging fruit) and then also, somehow, at the end of everything, suggests a team of Yoshi, Fang, and Ultra.

Here are reads from Lethal. I'll say I am town reading all of Lethal's scum reads. I'll point out the Ratchet read is one I don't like because they didn't play a lot of games together and Lethal shouldn't just be able to give Ratchet a town read based off of experience on WS.

Here's the Ekko vote, for the record.

Interesting vote after Poyser and Craig start this wagon. Moves some votes off of Fang's wagon.

Barf.

Found this post intereting. Why call out CP for a deflective tactic? Deflecting is usually what scum does. Lethal is town reading CP. Weird for Lethal to call out a town read for a deflective tactic.

Got to catch the last seat on the bus.
And BPD's

The X

Marvelous
Just wanted to quickly share my thoughts/findings before I catch up.

First, on Fang:

So it looks like Fang claimed indie out of sheer necessity. That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of I had assumed there's no reason for mafia to do so, but if he has no (free) fake claims available, he either faces the risk of getting counterclaimed in a sea of townies vs claiming an indie which probably exists but won't step up to risk correcting him.

Or at least that *would* be the risk calculus, if it weren't for the presence of Generic Townies. My best guess is that he wasn't aware those actually existed before he bluffed a power role early on, and then he ended up putting himself into a corner.

In short I think I misread him because of a misplaced assumption, and because I gave him too much credit. Interesting stuff.

---

Next, Lethal.

So I was ISO'ing Lethal in the night and I think he strikes me as a really likely partner candidate for Fang

Here are quotes from his ISO either mentioning Fang, or context surrounding him. It's a bit scarce, but:

Notice that these two mentions aren't real reads or leans, they're just observations without implicating him. Instead of explaining why he suspects Fang, he just explains why he suspects Ekko by association. If youlook at the rest of his posts he does due diligence for why he suspects players like Ekko/Tweet/Me but there's 0 depth here. And that's suspicious because a partner of Fang is less likely to have genuine progression, and more likely to feel the obligation to read him as scum but treat it as an afterthought and place the focus on players they can develop as suspects.

Now on to the juicier stuff:

A similar pattern emerges here, where Fang gets maybe barely implicated, but Lethal does not miss the opportunity to tie it to another player. Tied with a bow by a complete nonsense conclusion about a Fang/Yoshi/Ultra scum team.

Now the reason why this is a major red flag is because *Fang has already claimed Ind and Lethal is well aware of this*. So I think this is a big TMI slip. There's no reason for Lethal to be thinking in the dimensions of partnerships with Fang not only claiming, but by his own admission, he believed him!:

Finally, votes are a good indication of where his skin-in-the-game lies, and his pattern at EoD was to Vote Ekko, then hop on the Tweet wagon when it appeared, and then only lynched Fang at the last possible second:

^ Cherry on top is that if you look at the vote counter, he's not even the one who hammered.

Others have brought up how his behavior is suspicious in general, lots of activity excuses “I’m catching up (despite coming across as well informed)”, etc. But I think this in particular is pretty damining

[Vote lynch Lethal]

I also think his flip will offer some indirect info about Tweet which is good.
@SoulKiller here is Ultra's case on Lethal.

Emil

V.I.P. Member
i never said he defended me, im referring to him defending himself from the wagon.

because its stupid logic and looks like something you've dug for so you can join the bandwagon.
its a post ive read during the night lol. i didnt dig for it, it was my first post of the day lmao

Back