• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Elden Ring Mafia

Ratchet

if you were targeted, I was thinking there's some things that could happen:
1. *If* you died last night, and you flipped scum and I flipped town, it gives leads.
2. If we both died last night, that's two town that can be ISO'd by players to get an even better lead and solve the game.
3. If Town, you can light the way and I've given Town time to solve things and gain clarity for an extra day, with the benefit.
Flipping you would solifidy all of this, but any thing I chose, I felt you were the better decision to protect in my normal, convuluted process.
Ridiculous. If he died last night, we'd be losing two townies for nothing. We would have confirmed scum in Lethal simply by the existance of his death, you adding +1 to the town deaths does nothing for us except give scum a free kill. We wouldn't need more leads, we'd have one right there. And any lead your death would provide wouldn't be so great as to easily lend itself to the next scum player.

May I remind you that he claimed *Hider*? If his action worked as it should, your action would just fail by default, Now that I think about it, that means it can't discredit the Lethal clear, because Hider resolves first, so I don't really know what you were doing. Can you explain to me what leads and information you think we could find from your ISO?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I answered you and you, predictably, had no follow up. I don't really think you can claim you're just trying to understand my thought process when you don't appear to have any interest in that process once it has been given.

Here is what I think happened. You read my post and, without context from the thread, thought "maybe he is trying to buddy me here". So your asking me was, in effect, an accusation. You later found out that it doesn't make any sense to work that way given my alignment, so you say it was just an attempt at understanding. If this is the case, it's better if you save us both the hassle and just concede the point at hand, rather than dress it up as something it almost certainly was not.
i didn't reply to you on this because... you already shared your thought process. i liked the post and when i use reactions, it's an attempt at a "heard you, got it, taken under consideration", my inference of possible buddying was no longer an issue.

if i were up front with my intent on trying to pick apart motives from certain players, it means i don't get a complete picture.
you could've simply responded to a simple accusation from me with "no, i wasnt buddying"

and the sole purpose you've missed. the purpose of this long drawn out process is to question the motives for trusting and distrusting me and why. there's more merit to distrust me than trusting my bumbling at face value especially for players like you.
i can say "yo uzu what do think of the color blue"
(which is the color of professors balls)
but this question only gives a limited number of answers. it doesn't elicit or evoke a reaction, it doesn't gauge if his emotions toward "blue" are genuine or not. it doesn't tell us if the balls he wants placed in his mouth aren't salty enough. the question would usually lead to "i like it" or "dislike" (maybe modifiers and more ferocious takes on the color).

i can't pick apart his thought process that way. i can't see where he's coming from. there's no intent, it's just a statement.

what happens if i say "yo uzu i fucked your mom last night. bet that makes you feel weird, huh? get her some frozen bags of veggies, champ. doctors orders"
there's a numerous amount of reactions that aren't limited to statements. i can see whether it truly bothers him that i fucked his mom last night or hes happy for me and has a new mom.
or he can be shocked, feel betrayed, and spite vote me on a mongolian cave painting forum.
and what his reaction will show me is important, because i can assess the sincerity, ask why he's reacting that way etc.

Ratchet

The whole point of a protective role is to prevent a player from dying. That's literally it. Why would a protective role die if it's protection went through but the player also died - so it would get killed by what, exactly strongman kills?

Big Man

Illustrious
Ratchet, I don't know what to tell you. It was a last minute CFD. I threw some names out there I found suss, I threw out RDK's name because I was rereading RDK/Fang interactions at the time, I wanted to see how people would react and what might quickly build. I think CFD is an option that allows you to throw out some options that might not be traditionally thought of during an actual voting phase.
huh lol is that really a time to be looking for reactions. did you want to lynch him or not?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
How are even the players suspecting me not picking at pelosi's claim to see if it confirms I'm scum.

???
this is what I want to know myself

I was for sure thinking that's what was going to happen which is why I gave more details
The bait was not bit capn

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I may target a player at night to defend them.
This will lead me to compulsively target said plsyer with protection on each night phase they're alive for. This also creates a visit.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Ridiculous. If he died last night, we'd be losing two townies for nothing. We would have confirmed scum in Lethal simply by the existance of his death, you adding +1 to the town deaths does nothing for us except give scum a free kill. We wouldn't need more leads, we'd have one right there. And any lead your death would provide wouldn't be so great as to easily lend itself to the next scum player.

May I remind you that he claimed *Hider*? If his action worked as it should, your action would just fail by default, Now that I think about it, that means it can't discredit the Lethal clear, because Hider resolves first, so I don't really know what you were doing. Can you explain to me what leads and information you think we could find from your ISO?
When the day phase is starting to get closer to its end, yes

I don't know what I'm doing either, btw

I fucking hate being stuck with these types of roles

Ultra

THE BEAR
Trin "Creating a visit" means that you will show up on watcher/tracker reports. It doesn't mean you visit me by necessity if I am not able to be visited.

Ratchet

i didn't reply to you on this because... you already shared your thought process. i liked the post and when i use reactions, it's an attempt at a "heard you, got it, taken under consideration", my inference of possible buddying was no longer an issue.
Okay, this is fair - the first thing I did before this game started was disable the alerts for reactions, so I didn't see it. Point conceded.
if i were up front with my intent on trying to pick apart motives from certain players, it means i don't get a complete picture.
you could've simply responded to a simple accusation from me with "no, i wasnt buddying"
Right, but this line of reasoning only works when it's the initial stage of the dialogue. The issue here is, you later defended it by saying it was to know my thought process, when you really would have been better off saying "I thought he was trying to buddy up to me". That's why I quoted *that* post, after all.

The rest of your post is fair. Leaving more possible answers gives more room to test thought process, so I can appreciate the sentiment.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
i wouldn't know what the equivalent is for this role is in elder ring terms

i asked host-San if this was equivalent to a doctor role, and was met with idk

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Ratchet, I was literally just tossing names out for a CFD.
i dont know why wud u toss the name of a player u town read when there r so many null reads around. i dont really belive the reasoning u gave

Anyway, force people to take a claim in me being scum for their vote and not "muh safe lynch", or you will not get any clarity when I flip town.
u can do it urself lol

Why do you respond to posts made an hour ago like I just made them
im responding in reference to the time of the post. u r spending too much time stalling. get to scum hunting already

Honestly Ekko if you're town reading me then you're not doing what I expect you to do.

Your power level is low atm
i think there is a very reasonable chance of u being scum this game. if u think alco or whatever is scum then go for it. i dont see u pushing for them. like if u r town here u know lethal is town/godfather and u know u r town so u r in a waaay better position to solve than any of us so why arent u using it to deliver scum?

Back