• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Monster Hunter World Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night 1

Grammaton

Consigliere
Monster Hunter Mafia - Night 1

There would be no more 'Drive-bys' for this plucky menace ...
Tzitzi-Ya-Ku
1x Redirector

maxresdefault.jpg

Congratulations, you are Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, Astera Wyverns Aligned! A small reptilian wyvern bearing a more than passable resemblance to a velociraptor, you are known for emitting fierce, blinding blasts of light to disorient your prey from the pair of photophores located on your head.

Infamous for casually wandering into turf wars between larger predators and indiscriminately blinding them before leaving, you are something of a cult figure in the game franchise!

In this game, you have the following roles:

- 1x Redirector (You may target a player at night and if they are using a night role, you may direct it to a secondary target of your choosing. Be advised you will block lethal actions as opposed to redirecting them with this method)

You win when all threats to the Astera Wyverns are eliminated.

Not even extreme cowardice could save this cuddly fella ...

Pukei-Pukei
Vanilla Townie

EJZEut5.gif

Congratulations, you are Pukei-Pukei, Astera Wyverns Aligned! A denizen of the Ancient Forest, you are known for fleeing at the first sight of threat from larger, deadlier predators. Capable of spitting and generating posionous saliva and gas respectively, you offer just about enough of a deterrent to ward off the likes of Anjanath and Rathalos... Alas, in this game, you have no reserves left.

In this game, you have no roles.

You win when all threats to the Astera Wyverns are eliminated.

It is now Day 2. With 18 alive, 10 votes to lynch. You have 36 hours.

Please note, there has been a correction to the EoD1 vote count - I have now edited this to be correct. The game has not been affected in any way.

Magic

Resplendent
sorry for mislynching you lethal. that's my bad.

also that's a pretty ideal night phase tbh. not in terms of town death's, but id imagine both tsworder and xaldin would have been in POE for awhile and late game mislynches, especially with those roles, so this definitely helps.

Poyser

So initial reaction after the flip was that if tpein is scum then magic probably looks bad for flipping the wagon back to lethal at the end there.

But then I started thinking about magics play independently and I think there’s some scum equity there regardless. Firstly I haven’t sensed anywhere near as much effort to town clear people this game as he showed in the last game or generally any game I’ve played with him over the last few years. I also think the fact he chose to hammer down on lethal to be a fairly interesting choice, as lethal is the kinda guy that magic would usually try to clear early than scum read. Like he took the reason we town read Lethal last game and twisted it into a scum read this game. Now, it made sense of course and I even agreed with it, but in hindsight I feel like magic would have tried to give lethal benefit of the doubt there, especially as he doesn’t really believe lethal to be capable of being self aware as scum.

Also I noticed a bit of manipulation in his posts. He was referring back to the previous game randomly in order to explain his own behaviour in this game. IE “Last game when I was town I did x for y reasons, and I’m doing x again here because I am totally town and it totally worked for me last game”. Pretty sure he did this more than once, but the one that actually sticks in my mind is his reasoning for switching from tpein to lethal (the scum read vs the absence of a town read). Seems pretty SLIMY and not something I think he generally needs to resort to in order to make a point as town

So I wanna push here to start with

vote magic

Magic

Resplendent
:whathekong

its d1.
literally just lynching w/e
What you want me to do.
not like they have any case or anything against me.
if youre lynching whatever why were you opposed to lynching lethal, as cp brought up several times.
Im like typing up some notes as I go so i dont spam thread but wanted to reply to this
Kinda sucks
Her town reads sucked and town reads are the legit easiest thing to give as scum
She also massively hedged the read on magic, with a post that didn't even make much sense kek
i just looked over fairy tale and her play is somewhat similar there. is this just an general read instead of meta based or are you going off meta too?
IIRC that was one of 3 votes for Melkor without stated raisins around the start of Day. Why did you go for Tweet out of interest?

Unvote. Vote T-Pein

Hi Poyser/Alco. How have you been friends? Long time no speak
i was gonna ask why you did this vote but later on you explained as moving to get things done. i think this vote was missed in odo's post count too.
You think her entrance is worse than T-Pein's?
if tpein's entrance was so bad to you why didn't you vote tpein over lethal or want to? i understand i likely missed the reasoning as im sure you gave some(i know you mentioned hesitancy in lethal's wagon compared to tpein's although not sure if that's really accurate).
Interesting.

What makes you town read Xadlin.

Any opinions on Hime and T-Pein, as they are wagons today?
this also reads weird as you didn't even feel like lethal was a wagon
Caught up.

I am liking Ultra, Magic, Natalija right now the most.

Hime looks a bit better with her recent posts, not sure if her scum self would be bold enough to vote Ultra at this stage.

I would be fine with Sworder, Lethal or T-Pein lynch right now.

Though there is not much resistance to T-Pein lynch?

Change Vote Lynch Sworder
i like the points toward sworder.

what about hime's posts did you like outside of her willingness to vote ultra which obviously was going nowhere
Yes, I also noted Tweet was defensive of Flower in first pages, though this not make sense in case there were partners to me.

You do not start the game by openly defending your scumbuddy, distancing is usual approach.
do you think everyone will be doing the exact same type of scum interaction?
Dont disagree with that, but thats why the hedge was so jarring. Like she didn't say shes likes his approach and then try to sheep or get his reads, she actually gave herself a reason not to trust him lol. and the raisin point just didnt jive with me at all as raisin has never played mafia before, much less with magic. its like she thought it sounds like it makes sense so she posted it, but if you think about it at all for more than 2 seconds then you realise how dumb it is
@Flower can you actually explain the idea/thinking behind this? as ya it doesn't really make sense whatsoever.
Nah I'd kill him lmao, fuck'm
dont be such a pussy.
CP pushed me initially cuz I showed up just before going to bed to say wasup and didn't push anyone or provide any reads.
I literally didn't read so of course I didnt.

:zilla6:

Idk what the deal is with impostor.
Something about why am I always using the same intro.
you spent the majority of your time afterwards just crying about being sussed rather than contributing. like so far the majority of it is just whining about you being wagoned.

Basically I see you guys are town reading tweet and maybe he does improve in the ~38 pages i havent yet read but as of the first 12 pages I think hes done basically nothing despite posting a fair amount. he avoided giving a read himself on flower despite seeming very interested in votes on her, he is pushing ekko for reasons that dont stack up for even 2 seconds of thought if you've ever played with him before. he shaded RAEM for something that made little sense and he's tried to downplay CPs claim credibility with VERY SELECTIVE host meta speculation. he even avoided giving a read on ultra despite spending most of his time interacting with him
i think tweet's play is noticeably more town than his scum play. in his scum play he sort of does what he did with ultra except he initiates, then votes that person, then uses the bulk of his play around that person. his interaction with ultra seemed genuine and the fact he referenced a prior game where ultra mislynched him also seemed like town frustration.
My read on Tweet ATM is largely positional in that I'm liking his direction and he's tossed out a few observations that I've liked

Would actually say our back and forth earlier has little to do with it, he clearly has some baggage about that EastEnders game
what are your other town reads after day 1?

Magic

Resplendent
i could be being uncharitable with my interpretation here, but she doesnt HAVE to vote just because you told her to, and also the vote came right after you mentioned Melkor voting her lmao, which when you jive it with her liking ultra specifically because he town reads her, looks pretty awful.
How familiar are you with flowers town game because it sounds like she just omgused as soon as someone told her there was a person voting her which is in line with what I saw in fairy tale(and among all women ahem).
I see. You didn’t respond about Lethal though, why you avoiding him?

You’re acting odd!

He’s being a bit more open and saying crazy stuff, not sure scumdlin would do the same, he usually just retracts.

I don’t think they *posted* enough for an opinion, unless if they posted during my beauty sleep. :catjamn
So as town xaldin just comes in and says random shit? Is he similar to raem?
Am ready to give Poy a soft town read here. Doesn’t act like his scum play (or improved miles within a month).
What does this mean. What is his scum play.
Also worth noting that when I pushed tweet last game and he was town he just noped out of interacting with me because he Cba with me yet here he came back at me with anger

Don’t really wanna count that against him tho cos his play last game was bitch made and I’d rather he do it this way :bosque1:
That's mostly a shit reason to think Tweet is scum mate. Which you acknowledge yourself.so.im not really sure why you pointed it out.
“Again”?

No, I didn’t read any of Magic’s or Ultra’s posts. To me it looks like you’re being softer than your town game. Who do you sus?
How exactly do you read any of the top players if you don't read their posts? Also you were most confident on lethal being scum outside of myself but you didn't even read among the active people. That's just weird.
Wait you said you were actually sus of me? That wasn’t a joke?

Yeah I’ll be honest his replies here don’t really seem like SCUMthal
These posts are like one after another. You flip flopped a lot on lethal, but most weird is you had quite a few scum leans yourself(namely flower) and while you called out ultra for not seriously pushing hime you didn't even bother trying to start a wagon on flower. Why? Like it seems you were content with day going to completion before jumping in harder for day 2.

Magic

Resplendent
Can I counter with flower

So you decided to make the vote and then checked to see if it made sense rather than noticing something and voting based on it? :bosque1:

There’s a word for this process but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Oh wait yeah, it’s scum

This woman is struggling af

This is Aurelian level
Your main scum read was flower seemingly again it's weird you never actually tried pushing her and just brought her up repeatedly.
This could come back to bite the lad

Because it’s certainly the impression Lethal was going for :hestonpls
What do you think of Evans now?
No? FFS

No I checked vote count then voted. Fuck man it was a joke that got people talking for my slot. Failed me here.

Oh you think I'm saying it's serious? Not at all lol.

Right? FAKE reasoning for an entry vote lol.

Anyway i'm voting Vote: Flower
Btw there was an opportunity for poyser to go with his flower wagon, albeit Lethal started it but still.
@CraigPelton is this why you didn't wanna talk flavors?
I was scum once and could recruit the miller in a star wars game
He was Skywalker.
I made him into Darth Vader.

:vegeta
You decided to play and your main contribution is speculating on flsvour for the miller?
Last game I played, Odo and I were convinced Lethal was scum because he got tangled up in his own nonsense and then he flipped town. The only thing missing here is an emotional outburst, actually.
This combined with what I saw later from Alco gives me a pretty decent feeling he's town. I don't really remember his scum play but this all seems rather genuine solving.

RÆM

Distinguished
So initial reaction after the flip was that if tpein is scum then magic probably looks bad for flipping the wagon back to lethal at the end there.

But then I started thinking about magics play independently and I think there’s some scum equity there regardless. Firstly I haven’t sensed anywhere near as much effort to town clear people this game as he showed in the last game or generally any game I’ve played with him over the last few years. I also think the fact he chose to hammer down on lethal to be a fairly interesting choice, as lethal is the kinda guy that magic would usually try to clear early than scum read. Like he took the reason we town read Lethal last game and twisted it into a scum read this game. Now, it made sense of course and I even agreed with it, but in hindsight I feel like magic would have tried to give lethal benefit of the doubt there, especially as he doesn’t really believe lethal to be capable of being self aware as scum.

Also I noticed a bit of manipulation in his posts. He was referring back to the previous game randomly in order to explain his own behaviour in this game. IE “Last game when I was town I did x for y reasons, and I’m doing x again here because I am totally town and it totally worked for me last game”. Pretty sure he did this more than once, but the one that actually sticks in my mind is his reasoning for switching from tpein to lethal (the scum read vs the absence of a town read). Seems pretty SLIMY and not something I think he generally needs to resort to in order to make a point as town

vote magic
Didn't like that he pushed the guy who claimed over the guy who refused to claim too.

Magic

Resplendent
A lot of people saying CP seems unlikely to fake claim miller as scum and I think the opposite, particularly if it is the fake he was given.

Null tbh.
this is kinda nonsense tbh.
Well, I don't sus you so far kek.

So far I'm not liking Kekko, Melkor, Hime and Lethal.

I think Kekko was leaning a bit too much into this No posting bit he pulled to the point it felt forced.
Melkor was actually okay-ish until he implied activity would make him lean more Town on Kekko which is BS because the guy can be top poster with 1k posts and be scum. Activity is completely NAI for the guy. So this just feels like he's looking for an excuse to give Kekko a Town read without giving it much thought. Though fwiw I can't see them both being aligned and I think Melkor is scummier than Kekko.
Hime started a bit slow this game. I'm used to her being more active as Town, though she might have just been busy.
Lethal I already elaborated on. I think he's caught scum and his vote on me is deflection.
if these were your four main scum reads how did you end up on pein?
He wouldn't?

It seems like peak Gram to do that because he doesn't like how the meta is to run a miller and give them a free town clear.
he hates giving scum full fakes anyway, but hes made it pretty clear on numerous occasions that he thinks giving scum a safe miller fake is bottom of the barrel hosting. he basically wrung barry out over doing it lol
poyser why did you give shit for tweet for talking about the miller stuff but didn't have that same energy for dalton?
I think its cringe.
probably Just CP honest about it.
Worst one was Raem.
Tweet is a TP hater so he is allowed to be on it by default.
Kekko I think it might be a bit....

Sus by their absence is Imposter and lethal.
Lethal loves a TP lynch.
Imposter was shading me all game and didn't jump in for some reason.
this is analysis is ass.
This sounds like town being irritiated to me.
agreed, i think tweet is town from his play on day 1. i think his irritation shows a lot more clearly as town than as scum, especially in regards to being annoyed with poyser/ultra for continuously shitting on his play.

also pretty confident melkor is town too.

Ultra

THE BEAR

vote magic

Spicy take

Poyser

I didnt vote until later on because I was focusing on catching up and then there wasn't a whole lot of time left so I didn't think it was feasible to start a brand new wagon. Lethal just voted her after I expressed appetite to go there lmao so didn't really give me any confidence to start it either. I also did think lethal looked like scum, and then thought tpein looked pretty shite as well, so was fairly content with those two being the wagons. Im not massively confident on flower, tho she's still high in my poe. Her game here looks nowhere close to her town games that i've played with her so far though, so Im pretty curious as to how you've drawn that conclusion (i didnt play fairy tale however i have played with her as town multiple times)

Poyser

this is kinda nonsense tbh.

if these were your four main scum reads how did you end up on pein?

poyser why did you give shit for tweet for talking about the miller stuff but didn't have that same energy for dalton?

this is analysis is ass.

agreed, i think tweet is town from his play on day 1. i think his irritation shows a lot more clearly as town than as scum, especially in regards to being annoyed with poyser/ultra for continuously shitting on his play.

also pretty confident melkor is town too.
cant really remember why i didnt give dalton as much shit tbh. i dont disagree that dalton has largely been chatting shit tho

Ultra

THE BEAR
My current scum reads actually have nothing to do with the wagons yesterday

I saw Hime drop a wallpost after EoD which I didn't get to read in its entirity, but honestly seemed high effort. I hate to hold this against her, but I don't think I've ever seen her do this before and it's not something I associate with her town game. I'd be interested in giving it a look over anyway though

Dalton comes off a lot worse to me after a reread. I think him rolespeccing miller is NAI, I won't assume what assumptions he comes loaded into the game with, but he never actually pursued that thought any further or gave a read to CP and kinda just forgot about it. I usually don't have a hard time finding him as town even though he's low profile because he'll usually toss a thought or two out that check out, there's kind of a lack of that there.

Still kind of suspicious of Imp too but more of a backseat scum read than these two

Magic

Resplendent

vote magic
well this is fun since i didn't like your play either. although this push in itself is better than your day 1 play which i found utterly lacking in the aspect of actually trying to push the people you suspected.

when you suggest i made little effort to town clear people can you explain as i feel like i tried for the first 36 hours of the game while lamenting that the sheer inactivity was making it hard to find town clears. i want to point this out specifically because you yourself said it was hard to find town clears as a point as did cp. is there a reason this is specific at me outside of the fact i like to town clear people, which i still tried to do.

i have no idea why you think id give lethal the benefit of the doubt for what he said nor do i know where you're getting the idea that i believe lethal has zero self awareness for himself.

btw it wasn't an absence of a town read, it's an absence of a read in itself. tpein's play is utter shit to the point i can't tell if it was just shit or if he was scum. that is comparable to how i felt about psychic's slot last game. last game i chose not to shoot her to shoot you. that wasn't behaviour as it was in done in my private messages/head, not in the game thread.

outside of that can you answer the questions i had for you in my quotes.

Didn't like that he pushed the guy who claimed over the guy who refused to claim too.
i chose to push both.

Poyser

my problem with this game so far is im having a hard time reading people town

1. Ultra
2. Melkor
6. REM
7. CP
15. Ekko

16. Imposter (this is weak as it was mostly for liking the way he changed his stance on Melkor and knowing its doc ive pretty much just put him as not really in my direct poe atm)

I probably will have tweet here tho too as we were pretty much on the same wavelength at EoD, in terms of both lethal and flower

Magic

Resplendent
I didnt vote until later on because I was focusing on catching up and then there wasn't a whole lot of time left so I didn't think it was feasible to start a brand new wagon. Lethal just voted her after I expressed appetite to go there lmao so didn't really give me any confidence to start it either. I also did think lethal looked like scum, and then thought tpein looked pretty shite as well, so was fairly content with those two being the wagons. Im not massively confident on flower, tho she's still high in my poe. Her game here looks nowhere close to her town games that i've played with her so far though, so Im pretty curious as to how you've drawn that conclusion (i didnt play fairy tale however i have played with her as town multiple times)

can you clarify something, do you think if pein was my teammate and chose not to claim, all id go out of my way to save him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back